Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Woah. . . .now my delivery date has been pushed back to December 18-31. . . .how can Tesla be so off in their delivery timelines?!?!?!

I suspect that Tesla is not going to build more MSM cars until toward the end of the quarter due to low demand of the color, or just ran of our silver color. I heard on NPR Marketplace that even paint is in short supply.

My MSM order had an EDD in late September but I guess it missed the end of last quarter. Now EDD is Oct 10 to Nov 1. Other people who are getting VINs and ordered later than I did have other exterior colors which may be more popular, like white. Tesla must be building mostly white cars.

Reactions: Trex710
I suspect that Tesla is not going to build more MSM cars until toward the end of the quarter due to low demand of the color, or just ran of our silver color. I heard on NPR Marketplace that even paint is in short supply.

My MSM order had an EDD in late September but I guess it missed the end of last quarter. Now EDD is Oct 10 to Nov 1. Other people who are getting VINs and ordered later than I did have other exterior colors which may be more popular, like white. Tesla must be building mostly white cars.
My EDD is 10/11-10/31. Not sure if that’s the timeframe they’ll start pushing out MSM.

Reactions: Futaba
Woah. . . .now my delivery date has been pushed back to December 18-31. . . .how can Tesla be so off in their delivery timelines?!?!?!Je
More drama! Ordered September 25th. Original EDD: 10/8--10/22. Delayed to 11/13-12/11. Delayed again to 12/18-12/31. Today, moved up to 10/22-11/03.

11/03 is my birthday, so I wouldn't mind that. Hopefully there are no more delays!

Reactions: Futaba and BnGrm
More drama! Ordered September 25th. Original EDD: 10/8--10/22. Delayed to 11/13-12/11. Delayed again to 12/18-12/31. Today, moved up to 10/22-11/03.

My EDD was also updated. Changed from 10/10 to 11/1 to 10/12 to 10/24. This is the first time my EDD is updated before the first day of the EDD is reached. The EDD end date is also pulled in by 8 days. Hopefully this is a good sign. But this may also mean that I will likely get a very very late 2021 model year car instead of an early 2022 model year car (for potentially better resale value in the future).

There seems to be some delay to MSM. A few of us here ordered MSM in August with original EDD in September never received a VIN or car. My current EDD was just updated this morning from 10/3 to 10/17 to 10/7 to 10/17.
You still have not got your VIN? Haven't been active here as much because I got busy with my company. There were A LOT of MSM cars at the delivery center when I picked up mine. There was most model 3 MSM LR and Model S PLAIDs there. I'm thinking the MSM is selling well right now but they were selling less of them before so they make less of them and with the spike in sales they have not adjusted yet.

Ordered M3P black on black on 9/18 with an EDD 10/11-11/10. Got an email yesterday that it was being built 😬. Noticed yesterday my EDD got updated to 10/23-11/03.

I did realize a couple of days after I ordered it that I should have waited for a 2022 model but from what I read there is no differences besides the number and resale value. Telsa's hold their value pretty well so I'm not going to beat myself up toooo much.

Hope everyone gets their car sooner than expected and no build quality issues ❤️

Reactions: Futaba