Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
i think the deep blue is just not being produced. my estimate is jan-feb!

That would suck. I just sold my 2019 SR+, and I'm driving my gas guzzling E36 M3 for now. 70 miles a day is getting expensive fuel wise. Really hoping for a delivery date before November 2nd. The California EV rebate goes from $1500 to $750.

I did just get a text from Tesla about online orientation and training. Is that a sign of an approaching delivery date?

got my wheels delivered today while i wait for my delivery scheduled for next thursday.

Attachments

• niche-m192-altair-stone-black.jpg
    niche-m192-altair-stone-black.jpg
    291.8 KB · Views: 62
Reactions: X_Grave_X
Not sure if there’s any correlation, but I added proof of insurance for my current vehicle earlier today and just received my vin.

EDD now 10/20-10/26

No correlation, I had proof of insurance for weeks without a VIN.

Got my VIN today, EDD: 10/23/21 - 10/27/21

Original order date: 10/4/21
M3P in Deep Blue Metallic

Strangely I still don't have my finalized agreement forms, but they want me to enter bank account information...
Making things difficult for me since my loan with DCU requires the agreement.

Last edited:
Hello Everyone! My original DD was 12/1 - 12/31 moved to 11/15 - 12/01 and is now steady at 10/31 - 12/01.

I emailed a local advisor to inquire about any internal DD movement as well as VIN info. This was her response below.

“Based on current factory estimates, we are expecting your vehicle’s arrival early November. Please keep in mind this is estimated timeline and is subject to change.

You can expect to receive your vehicle’s VIN closer to your delivery timeline (early November).”

I hope this info helps… everyones posts in this chat room have been very helpful to me. Thank you!

I initially ordered Oct. 3rd (Los Angeles) and I've rejected two deliveries now. I just spoke with a sales rep and I told her I wanted the updated model so she adjusted my dates. It now says November 07 - December 05 but she told me not to expect the new models to start shipping till December but could be earlier.
What are you talking about "new" model? What changed and where to get jnfo

I initially ordered Oct. 3rd (Los Angeles) and I've rejected two deliveries now. I just spoke with a sales rep and I told her I wanted the updated model so she adjusted my dates. It now says November 07 - December 05 but she told me not to expect the new models to start shipping till December but could be earlier.
What do you mean new model? Like a new model year? Or with new updates

Not sure if there’s any correlation, but I added proof of insurance for my current vehicle earlier today and just received my vin.

EDD now 10/20-10/26

No correlation, I had proof of insurance for weeks without a VIN.

Got my VIN today, EDD: 10/23/21 - 10/27/21

Original order date: 10/4/21
M3P in Deep Blue Metallic

Strangely I still don't have my finalized agreement forms, but they want me to enter bank account information...
Making things difficult for me since my loan with DCU requires the agreement.

Yeah, no correlation. I didn't add proof of insurance yet ....and I already got my VIN.

Ordered 9/15 - est delivery is 11/21-12/21. LR 18" MSM white interior. I do not want to take delivery before the end of the year unless the EV tax credits seem completely dead due to cuts.
I'm the exact same in thought process. My EDD extends till 11/26. I would have to place a hold for a month. My other dilemma is the the proposed cap on sedans of $55k. I ordered a performance 3 which is above that cap. So there's potential if that cap is a real number that I'm waiting for nothing...I don't know what to do.

I'm the exact same in thought process. My EDD extends till 11/26. I would have to place a hold for a month. My other dilemma is the the proposed cap on sedans of $55k. I ordered a performance 3 which is above that cap. So there's potential if that cap is a real number that I'm waiting for nothing...I don't know what to do.

I was considering the EV Tax Credit as well. Wanted to take advantage of that if I could. However, that cap $55K for sedans is a downer ....and I need the Model 3 now. I can't wait until Jan 2022 to take delivery of this car.

Oh well ...missing out on whatever EV Tax advantage that Infrastructure Bill will give is something I'll just have to live with.