Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
New here from Texas!

Ordered a red/black M3P with no FSD.

Order date - 11/13
Vin received - 11/23
Tentative delivery 12/2
Congrats and welcome! This gives me hope I'll have mine within the week. I ordered red/black back on 11/3 in Denver, and got my VIN yesterday also. (Our VINs are probably very close to each other haha) Question about delivery, when did they text you about setting up delivery? I called them after receiving the VIN yesterday and they said the car hasn't left the factory yet so I have to wait til they reach out to me about scheduling a delivery date. Did you select cash or financing?

Congrats and welcome! This gives me hope I'll have mine within the week. I ordered red/black back on 11/3 in Denver, and got my VIN yesterday also. (Our VINs are probably very close to each other haha) Question about delivery, when did they text you about setting up delivery? I called them after receiving the VIN yesterday and they said the car hasn't left the factory yet so I have to wait til they reach out to me about scheduling a delivery date. Did you select cash or financing?
I didn’t have to reach out. Shortly after receiving my vin, I think the next day, I received a tentative delivery date. Originally selected cash and then changed to financing the other day. Got approved for Wells Fargo 2.49%.

Seeing so many posts about lower rates and Tesla rate matching, I tried to do the same. Tesla credit rep told me Tesla is no longer doing matches 🤷🏼‍♂️

I didn’t have to reach out. Shortly after receiving my vin, I think the next day, I received a tentative delivery date. Originally selected cash and then changed to financing the other day. Got approved for Wells Fargo 2.49%.

Seeing so many posts about lower rates and Tesla rate matching, I tried to do the same. Tesla credit rep told me Tesla is no longer doing matches 🤷🏼‍♂️
Yeah I got approved for exactly the same at u.s. bank, I'm gonna take delivery this way, then refinance thru DCU at 1.24% before my first payment is due.

I'm hoping I'll hear from them tomorrow about delivery. I'll probably call the customer service line when they open to make sure the car has left the factory by now lol.

Yeah I got approved for exactly the same at u.s. bank, I'm gonna take delivery this way, then refinance thru DCU at 1.24% before my first payment is due.

I'm hoping I'll hear from them tomorrow about delivery. I'll probably call the customer service line when they open to make sure the car has left the factory by now lol.
I was looking to get the price match. Not sure I’m going to go through the hassle of setting up direct deposit with DCU.

I think I’m coming to terms with the reality that the EDD for my original order is probably exactly what it will be😢 12/13-12/31 and not a moment sooner, I guess it is what it is 😂 It’s already been 22 days with no update so I think I’ll just try to forget it’s coming or even exists. I need to move to the East Coast next time and drive it back across country.

I think I’m coming to terms with the reality that the EDD for my original order is probably exactly what it will be😢 12/13-12/31 and not a moment sooner, I guess it is what it is 😂 It’s already been 22 days with no update so I think I’ll just try to forget it’s coming or even exists. I need to move to the East Coast next time and drive it back across country.
Fingers crossed you get a pleasant surprise. This was pretty much my experience with my original LR order from 10/16. I updated to performance on 11/20 and take delivery tomorrow. Takeaway being the performance models are delivering WAY faster to the west coast. The west coast data points in the LR waiting room were brutal and pushed me to finally consider the car I should have ordered in the first place haha.

This morning my delivery date changed from “December 9-23” to simply “December”. Has anyone had this happen? I’m wondering why now it’s even more vague than before…. :(
Mine was all over the place. Was December, then November. Then Jan-February 2022, then December, then November, and finally settled on November 14-20.

You are probably set to get it between the 9th and 23rd, the EDD is pretty flakey.

Reactions: RipVanFinkle
Got a text last night from advisor saying car would arrive 28th and we set a deliver Dec 1. I then made final payment and naturally wake up to a text saying vehicle won’t be here and the rescheduled for 5th. Tesla has such crap customer experience. It seems to have gotten worse than when I bought my mast mp3 in 2019. Never had this much problem with ordering of cars as I have with Tesla. They really need to figure out their logistic and shipping side.

Got a text last night from advisor saying car would arrive 28th and we set a deliver Dec 1. I then made final payment and naturally wake up to a text saying vehicle won’t be here and the rescheduled for 5th. Tesla has such crap customer experience. It seems to have gotten worse than when I bought my mast mp3 in 2019. Never had this much problem with ordering of cars as I have with Tesla. They really need to figure out their logistic and shipping side.
Considering how the rest of the world is handling the pandemic, I cut them some slack. I’m thankful I can get a vehicle - period.

Thought I'd chime in after watching this thread daily.

Had a 2020 M3P and it was involved in an accident on 8-15-2021. After a month of waiting to get into a Tesla certified repair facility, it was finally under review!

Another month goes by when I'm informed the vehicle was deemed a total loss. On that day, 10-17, I placed an order for a replacement M3P (White exterior, black interior) with a general delivery window of November 2021.

Initially, the estimation was 11-1 to 11-17. Then on 11-15 it was changed to 11-24 to 12-22. On 11-22 it was changed to 11-28 to 12-12.
Still haven't received a VIN or anything. Sadness :(

California wait times, I guess.

Reactions: BruinIvy