Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone. I just ordered my M3P yesterday, 11/23/2021 and this morning I got my first EDD 12/8 - 12/31. My question is about financing through Tesla. At what point in the waiting process are we able to apply for financing. I opted to not do it when I originally ordered the car as I had read that selecting the "cash" option could potentially put you ahead of those that opted to enter their financing info during the ordering process.

Reactions: Teknikscian
Hi everyone. I just ordered my M3P yesterday, 11/23/2021 and this morning I got my first EDD 12/8 - 12/31. My question is about financing through Tesla. At what point in the waiting process are we able to apply for financing. I opted to not do it when I originally ordered the car as I had read that selecting the "cash" option could potentially put you ahead of those that opted to enter their financing info during the ordering process.
When you get your VIN, you can take that to your lender and apply for financing. That will get you locked in and you can work with your bank once the vehicle arrives.

Got my VIN today!!!
Ordered 11/12
First EDD 1/31-2/28
Second 11/23-12/21
Third 11/26-12-6
Fourth (after receiving my VIN) 11/27-12/1
MSM on White. In seattle

Also just realized I gotta wait 3 weeks or so until my home charger will be installed. do you guys think charging on superchargers/public will be a huge pain for the next few weeks?

Reactions: HarpoonS
Got my VIN today!!!
Ordered 11/12
First EDD 1/31-2/28
Second 11/23-12/21
Third 11/26-12-6
MSM on White. In seattle

Also just realized I gotta wait 3 weeks or so until my home charger will be installed. do you guys think charging on superchargers/public will be a huge pain for the next few weeks?
OOOOO let’s go!! West Coast updates excite me, ordered 11/4 but still on the original 12/13 to 12/31 EDD, hoping any day that I’ll get my VIN here in SoCal, was reading the first 100 pages of this thread last night to see how it was for people in SoCal and it was BAD 😭 people were waiting until like 12/30 to get VIN matched. Congrats on getting your VIN!

Got my VIN today!!!
Ordered 11/12
First EDD 1/31-2/28
Second 11/23-12/21
Third 11/26-12-6
MSM on White. In seattle

Awesome! I am in Pullman, WA and hope that my EDD moves up like yours did considering I have the exact same build. Granted mine is at 12/8 - 12/31 which is not all that bad, relatively speaking.

This used car market is the only reason I took the plunge on a Tesla! I definitely dont need a car payment, but never in life will my used car appreiate in value ever again - it would have been inappropriate not to.
Same boat here. I bought my Tacoma during peak covid for $32k, just sold to CarMax for $40k.

Used car prices are insane, so you may as well buy new. I got dealer fatigue and gasoline fatigue so I finally took the plunge.

Ordered Black/Black 11/23. Expected date Dec 8 - Dec 31.

Ive been reading and following (again) for a few weeks, but i guess it's time to throw my info in.

My 2020 performance got totaled on Sep 29th. Took 3 weeks for insurrance to decide to total it out. I ordered the night they told me they were not going to repair it:

Order date: 10/22
M3P Red w/ White interior
2022 VIN: 11/10
Final delivery range was 11/22-11/28 before actual date set
Delivery Date: 11/27 at noon
Omaha resident picking up in Kansas City

My last M3P was delivered to my doorstep in North Dakota in Dec 2019. That purchase experience was a lot different than this has been. Lot more involved back then.. as in many emails between 3-4 different people at different locations. This has been much smoother. I don't want to pay until i see the car, and Im hoping I can do a bank transfer at the store on delivery day? I have a bank check from my credit union for about half, and hoping they can do the transfer for the rest right then and there at delivery.
Received a call for an early pickup. Seas supposed to pick up in 4 days. Picked up today the 24th instead.

Extremely happy to be back in a m3p. My 2020 was amazing, but the fit and finish on this one is much better. Double pane windows make a big difference in quality feel when closing the door. Center console is much classier feeling. Gaps are much better than the last one, and I’m struggling to find anything to complain about. I don’t particularly like the uberturbines, and would love my 2020 wheels back, but oh well.

Kansas City delivery center was nothing short of professional. I showed up 40 minutes early and they were good to go. Had the car front and center. Clean, detailed, my name in a profile already. They were so friendly and said to go inspect the car, and once I’m ready to
Sign or talk, come back inside and to take my time. Great experience.

Ordered red over white on oct 22, delivery in Kansas City on nov 24.

Attachments

• CF4A5D7A-CFD2-422E-B985-338DF3EED3EF.jpeg
    CF4A5D7A-CFD2-422E-B985-338DF3EED3EF.jpeg
    834.9 KB · Views: 114
  • 68061F51-5B96-4AD5-842F-BDCB0E7AAA46.jpeg
    68061F51-5B96-4AD5-842F-BDCB0E7AAA46.jpeg
    224.3 KB · Views: 81
That's amazing as they are quoting Feb / Mar 2022 delivery?

That's amazing as they are quoting Feb / Mar 2022?

But if it’s after then it’s not community property !

Im on fence about waiting for Jan due to possible EV credits but (1) Doesn’t seem obvious this will go through, (2) It seems like the M3P wouldn’t qualify anyway, (3) There’s income limitations that I trip.
Heh, just realized that a few days go when I was regretting not waiting for the credit briefly. Kind of feels unfair that the Y performance can get away with it because SUV up to 80k I think get it.