Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As I suspected, there is basically no rhyme or reason to any of this process (I'm a second-time purchaser, so I sort of knew what to expect).

However, it is agitating that the SA's and the automated messages have been urging me to organize financing ASAP, when, in order to do so, I had to sell my current car, and there is no hope of a delivery date in sight if 4-7 weeks is accurate.

Ordered on 10/07 and did not get a text today, delivery window on the website still shows November 3rd - December 1st. Praying there isn't a delay, but with all of these other text messages it's not looking good :(

ugh I hope not. Seems like there were lots of posts today about the texts but didn’t hear from anyone who had an order in and DIDN’T get a text. Happy thoughts!

As I suspected, there is basically no rhyme or reason to any of this process (I'm a second-time purchaser, so I sort of knew what to expect).

However, it is agitating that the SA's and the automated messages have been urging me to organize financing ASAP, when, in order to do so, I had to sell my current car, and there is no hope of a delivery date in sight if 4-7 weeks is accurate.

Yes, I stupidly fell for that and applied for financing thinking I needed to apply in order for the order to commence. Then discovered later that the quote was only good for 60 days! I'm not going to be a happy camper if they need to do another hard credit pull.

Yes, I stupidly fell for that and applied for financing thinking I needed to apply in order for the order to commence. Then discovered later that the quote was only good for 60 days! I'm not going to be a happy camper if they need to do another hard credit pull.

I've got some bad news for you, the loan offer is only good for 30 days :(. I did the exact same thing, i could have sworn i saw 60 days somewhere but their website has this in the FAQs:

What happens if I submit an application in advance of 30 days before my delivery date?
Your application would need to be resubmitted within the 30 day window. This would initiate a new credit inquiry, which could increase interest rates. Keep your estimated delivery range in mind with submitting your application by checking in your Tesla Account.

I've got some bad news for you, the loan offer is only good for 30 days :(. I did the exact same thing, i could have sworn i saw 60 days somewhere but their website has this in the FAQs:

What happens if I submit an application in advance of 30 days before my delivery date?
Your application would need to be resubmitted within the 30 day window. This would initiate a new credit inquiry, which could increase interest rates. Keep your estimated delivery range in mind with submitting your application by checking in your Tesla Account.

I saw this portion right below the Financing and Leasing calculator. Ugh, regardless I'll reach out to the SA and see what they say. I'm sure this isn't the first time someone has come to them with this issue. Thanks for the heads up.

*Loan approvals are valid for up to 60 days. Lease approvals are valid for up to 90 days.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got an email from my San Diego SA with an update. It stated:

"We have not received any updates from the factory yet about vins. The factory is solely producing 2021’s moving forward. If you have yet to be matched to a vin, we will still be expecting delivery in December and the 2021 vins to arrive early next month. We will keep you posted as things progress towards your delivery date. Also, please log into your Tesla Account and confirm all steps are completed, including payment method. If you have already completed your Delivery Profile, your delivery will be prioritized!"

Not that I know of. Haven't found anything...though the letters VIN do appear about 120 times in there.....lol

Source page stalker tip, search for " vin " - spaces before and after allows you to avoid instances of vin being nestled in other words

Also...fun source code fact, they still have EAP coded into the page at a $4,000 price tag

Source page stalker tip, search for " vin " - spaces before and after allows you to avoid instances of vin being nestled in other words

Also...fun source code fact, they still have EAP coded into the page at a $4,000 price tag
Isn't best way is to search "5YJ" which are first 3 letters of M3 Vins? There is a sample one in source code left over by the developers. Don't fall for that one while rest of the matches are blanked out.