Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
THIS JUST IN:

First the background. I reached out to my local SC via txt asking when my financing would require another credit pull as I suspect that my car could be sitting at my local SC for an unknown period of time due to the charge port ECU's being unavailable. I received the following reply BUT I would take it with a grain of salt and/or YMMV.

"Hi Scott. Financing was approved on 4/27/22 and is good through 6/26./22 We anticipate having the parts needed to have your Model 3 ready for delivery within the next 5-10 days, but will keep you posted as soon as we have more information. We appreciate your patience. Feel free to call the Nashville store directly with any questions".
This makes me nervous as I am picking up in Nashville. Currently scheduled for May 21 - 27.

Just received a VIN about 2 hours ago… showed up on website (No text, no app, no call or email) New EDD June 1 - June 5
VIN: 260XXX

OD March 22 EDD August 3 - October 10
March 26 EDD changed to June 3 - July 15th
April 9 EDD changed to June 9 - July 14
April 24 EDD changed to July 14 - August 25
April 30 EDD changed to May 29 - June 26 (4 week)
May 13 EDD changed to June 2 - June 16 (2
week)
May 18 EDD changed to June 1 - June 5 (5 day) VIN received

On the driver's door there is what looks like a small hair or fiber under the clear coat or maybe even under a layer of paint. I can still see it when looking right at it. I'm going to bring it up to the PPF guy and see what he can do. Maybe a little sanding might get it out.
So, my PPF guy said there is no way he can get out that hair/fiber. It's not large, but it's also black and sticks out like a sore thumb on my driver's side door.

I called the service center and got someone on the line. Fortunately, they didn't give me a hard time about it at all since it's obviously a manufacturing blemish and not something I can cause through negligence.

They set an appointment the day after my tint is set to be done. He said it will take about 10 days to repaint the door.

After the repaint, I have to wait 30 days for the paint to cure before wrapping the door.

Obviously, I'm not too happy about waiting another 10 days to get the car back and then having to drive all the way back up to the PPF shop to finish the car.

It will be over 100 days from order to actually being able to drive this car day to day.

My advice to all those picking up cars soon: Get them to make an appointment for any cosmetic repairs while you are there before taking delivery. If this would have been a scratch I overlooked, they could very well deny service as there would be little in the way to prove it was Tesla's fault.

What a day. Get a text from Tesla asking if I want my car today, and then 3 hours later it's in my driveway!

Car is fine from a build perspective. The hood is slightly misaligned, might be a slight larger gap on one side but it's not really noticable. Bigger issue is where the rear quarter panel meets the bumper, the misalignment is more noticeable there, but only if you really look. Probably won't even bother asking for a fix.

My passenger side brake light has a scratch on it, so I'll probably ask them to replace that.

Overall though, the car is stupid fast. Unlike anything I've felt in any ICE car. Feels like a roller coaster, and felt kind of sick even! Handling is better than I would've expected! Although I heard the latest software update made the Sport steering lighter than it used to be. Overall, fit and finish is not at the level of BMW, Lexus, or the other luxury brands (lots of sharp and jagged rough edges), but that's expected for Tesla. Overall, the experience makes up for it so far.

Worth the wait, hang in there folks!!!

PXL-20220518-211853508-2.jpg

Picked mine up today at Mt Kisco NY. It was hard to let the Supra go, but I’m in the M3P honeymoon phase. For starters, aside from some swirl marks and the car being a little dirty, zero issues. Gaps looked good, no scratches (aside from micro scratches from them washing it which can be buffed out). Tested everything before I left and no issues with doors, seatbelts, latches, etc. Mine did hav the matrix headlights. No underbody issues. Interior was perfect, no defects of any kind. Better quality than my Shelby GT350 and C7 Z51 for sure.

I decided to take backroads for the 90 mile drive back to CT. Some initial thoughts.
- I love the size and feel of the steering wheel. It’s perfect.
- For a heavy car it drives and feels lighter than it is. I believe it’s the low center of gravity and 50/50 weight balance. I also think the electronic steering rack has better feedback than I was expecting. It’s synthetic but not in terrible way. I could feel the road and it had feedback.
- Turn in is excellent. Suspension is definitely on the softer side and sometimes felt a little floaty. But the ride is buttery smooth.
- It defintely has a little too much body roll for me. It’s not terrible, but i would prefer a little less.
- I thought I would miss the hud and center speedo but I really got used to the speedo and Tesla screen right away. It’s really refreshing to have a really clean cabin not full of buttons everywhere. Within the first hour of driving I felt like I was familiar with all the major controls.
- This is the best stock sound system vs any vehicle I’ve ever owned. I’m a huge home theater nut and even build my own speakers for fun, so i am picky.
- The tech is incredible. It makes all my other vehicles seem ancient by comparison.
- Acceleration is nuts. Instant torque at all four wheels. It pulls so hard out of corners. And you have instant power no matter what speed you are going. I’ve owned lots of high powered cars but the instant power with no traction issues is really something special.
- Seats are really comfortable, but I do wish there was more side bolstering. I’m gonna be sliding around on track and auto x days.

I’m going to have a lot of fun with suspension mods with this car. I think once I get it dialed in, I’m really going to like it.

oh and my wife loves driving It. might have to get his and hers.