Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In a completely unexpected turn of events, this evening I randomly got a text message from the Tesla system informing me that my car had arrived at my local store early, and wanting to know when I could come pick it up. My first response was "I can be there in 20 minutes..." My next response was to immediately reach out to my local ops manager via the text message phone number she uses to see if the message came from her or from an automated system. After discussing my options with her, and after a brief period of confusion when she accidentally clicked the wrong date on her scheduling calendar, resulting in my delivery being rescheduled for the 31st, I am now happy to report that I'm scheduled to pick up my car tomorrow! Christmas done com' early ya'll! Woohoo!!

I'm anxious to see which headlights the car has, and whether there are any quality issues. Fingers crossed! Good luck to everyone else waiting for their cars. Hopefully you'll all have a similar experience with an early arrival like I did!
I’d be shocked if you don’t have the matrix lights. The quality of my car was spot on. Zero issues. One other M3P was being delivered as well as a Model Y performance and all three of us had a checklist and were very thorough. No real issues worth noting. I really think the quality is improving, I really wouldn’t worry too much.

If you're in Minnesota specifically in the Twin cities. All three locations received golf ball sized hail. It's all over Tesla Minnesota all of the cars in Maplewood got hit.

This is one of those times where I'm happy my car isn't made yet as it's EDD is June 11 - July 9th
Really? Where did you get this info?

We had a hail storm in Central MN sometime last week but there has been nothing this week.
Hope this doesn't delay my delivery !!

• Informative
Reactions: oreobbq
Congrats. I'm hoping I'll get that text early next month. Did you have a ton of EDD changes while you were waiting or only a few?
Thanks! I ordered 02/24 and had 3 EDD changes before a VIN and then 2 after getting the VIN and my EDD was 05/24 - 05/28 but the earliest to pick up was 05/29 so trying to call today to see if I can try and get it earlier!

Reactions: Not That M3
Picked her up today! Oh man is this car fast. Didn't get to do much more than drive it home in traffic but I had a couple empty stretches where I opened it up. I desperately need to get it tinted but my appointment to drop it off isn't for another almost two weeks.

Only issue I found so far was the driver side sun visor doesn't stay in place properly..the magnet feels weak or something.

View attachment 806361View attachment 806362
Congrats! Car looks good with MSM and white seats

Picked her up today! Oh man is this car fast. Didn't get to do much more than drive it home in traffic but I had a couple empty stretches where I opened it up. I desperately need to get it tinted but my appointment to drop it off isn't for another almost two weeks.

Only issue I found so far was the driver side sun visor doesn't stay in place properly..the magnet feels weak or something.

View attachment 806361View attachment 806362
It looks like my car! I'm so happy for you (and a little jealous since I'll be waiting a while to get mine back). Enjoy every second.

Reactions: toquar
If you're in Minnesota specifically in the Twin cities. All three locations received golf ball sized hail. It's all over Tesla Minnesota all of the cars in Maplewood got hit.

This is one of those times where I'm happy my car isn't made yet as it's EDD is June 11 - July 9th
That sucks. Thanks for the update man

My EDD shrunk by one day. Yesterday it was June 1st - June 15th
Today, it changed to June 2nd - June 15th.

Hopefully my car was not in MN yet when this happened

Reactions: Not That M3
Got a call from Tesla yesterday and was so stoked! Thought I was going to get an exciting update, but instead it was just a SA asking if I had any questions about trade-ins (similar to the text I got a couple weeks ago). He had no specific updates for me, just that I should expect a VIN within the next week or so, and delivery within the next few weeks.

Today my EDD was pushed from 5/20-6/3 to 5/22-6/3, so shrunk a bit but still no VIN.

Reactions: jessepotter
Just checked the app and it's now showing 5/20-5/24. Continuing to follow the same daily pattern and I would bet that tomorrow it will show 5/21-5/25. lol
At this point, I would ask the service center what they are going to do to make up for this fiasco. You know Tesla screwed up. They know Tesla screwed up. It may be out of their hands, but they still have things to offer disgruntled customers. Maybe you don't have a wall charger yet?

Edit: thought I was replying to @Young Phenom but the advice goes to anyone still waiting on the charging port ECU fix.

Reactions: theslimshadyist