Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How's the ride comfort on those lowering springs compared to the harsh stock ride?
I was impressed enough with the stock ride that I decided to keep the 20s instead of downsizing. The ride is a little harsher, but not significantly so.

*edit*

I did trim the front bump stops by about 5/8” though, and I can tell it takes larger bumps a little harder.

Overall, for the cost of buying wheels and tires and, separately, lowering springs, I think buying MPP Comforts would probably make a bigger difference in overall comfort than a bit more sidewall.

Last edited:
😬 You youngsters are more tolerant of build quality issues on a $65,000 purchase than I am. The rock chip I understand is out of Tesla's control as it most likely happened in transport on Americas lovely highway system🙄

The hood, although it should have NEVER left the factory misaligned, can be adjusted. Window trim being uneven could be a difficult fix, could be hinges or the actual trim.

But........the dust/dirt under the paint for me is an immediate rejection as repaint is the only correction, and repainting a car will never ever match the factory not only in color match but texture as well, to get it close involves a TOP LEVEL paint shop and a lot of panel blending.....
I came from a BMW M4 which the build quality was significantly better, but the only reason why I tolerate it is because of the fact that both the areas where there is dust caught inside the paint is not really visible. if it was on the exterior then I would have cared, however because both are on the inner linings I dont mind it and I've already waited nearly 3 months for the car I don't want to wait for another 3 months.

Tesla doesnt care about these issues they care about pumping out cars. The fact that I have to wait 2 weeks to even bring my car in to a service center. You turn down your car and then what? It gets passed to the next guy in line who will more than happily take the car. They don't sit on any inventory so this is the only option

*edit* as much as it sucks to have to take a $63K MSRP car with flaws from the factory, its the sad truth that we have to face if we want to get into a tesla.

I came from a BMW M4 which the build quality was significantly better, but the only reason why I tolerate it is because of the fact that both the areas where there is dust caught inside the paint is not really visible. if it was on the exterior then I would have cared, however because both are on the inner linings I dont mind it and I've already waited nearly 3 months for the car I don't want to wait for another 3 months.

Tesla doesnt care about these issues they care about pumping out cars. The fact that I have to wait 2 weeks to even bring my car in to a service center. You turn down your car and then what? It gets passed to the next guy in line who will more than happily take the car. They don't sit on any inventory so this is the only option

*edit* as much as it sucks to have to take a $63K MSRP car with flaws from the factory, its the sad truth that we have to face if we want to get into a tesla.
I suppose if the dust/dirt in the paint is on the inside edges of a door or door jamb I might accept that, on an outside panel....no chance. Kia is pumping out cars too, and they're flawless....not my cup of tea, but flawless.

I suppose if the dust/dirt in the paint is on the inside edges of a door or door jamb I might accept that, on an outside panel....no chance. Kia is pumping out cars too, and they're flawless....not my cup of tea, but flawless.

Yeah, I mean to be completely honest I was expecting a lot worse. I was somewhat pleasant with the over all quality of the car which seems like its gotten a lot better. I'm not here making excuses for tesla or anything but I'm sure in a couple of years the cars coming from the factory should be flawless. As big as a company Tesla is, It's still got some growing pains and to be COMPLETELY honest, I'll take my situation with my M3P over a kia any day. I've bought my mom a hyundai suv the engine gave out at 95K mi's (still within their 100K warranty) and they decided that they didn't want to cover it, and if you didn't know they're under the same umbrella.

Yeah, I mean to be completely honest I was expecting a lot worse. I was somewhat pleasant with the over all quality of the car which seems like its gotten a lot better. I'm not here making excuses for tesla or anything but I'm sure in a couple of years the cars coming from the factory should be flawless. As big as a company Tesla is, It's still got some growing pains and to be COMPLETELY honest, I'll take my situation with my M3P over a kia any day. I've bought my mom a hyundai suv the engine gave out at 95K mi's (still within their 100K warranty) and they decided that they didn't want to cover it, and if you didn't know they're under the same umbrella.
No, I didn't know Kia and Hyundai were associated with each other. I'd walk before I bought a Kia but I was just referencing their build quality for a company that pumps out disposable cars.

Lets see pics of this lemon Tesla you bought !!! I'm kidding, just busting on you LOL
Enjoy it, they're a hell of a car sans the fit/finish issues.

No, I didn't know Kia and Hyundai were associated with each other. I'd walk before I bought a Kia but I was just referencing their build quality for a company that pumps out disposable cars.

Lets see pics of this lemon Tesla you bought !!! I'm kidding, just busting on you LOL
Enjoy it, they're a hell of a car sans the fit/finish issues.
my lemon :)
FBB4CEB4-576C-4EE5-9464-DE7BBE73DDE9.jpeg

Went Saturday to see if my car had arrived yet to try and snag it early but no luck and they said it was leaving Birmingham on the train. Anyone have any idea what other stops are on the train before it gets to Orlando? They mentioned Tesla has their own private track. I was guessing Atlanta, Jacksonville, Orlando?

Reactions: J Tremain
Went Saturday to see if my car had arrived yet to try and snag it early but no luck and they said it was leaving Birmingham on the train. Anyone have any idea what other stops are on the train before it gets to Orlando? They mentioned Tesla has their own private track. I was guessing Atlanta, Jacksonville, Orlando?
I was told that the cars arrive in Alabama via train, but then get loaded onto trucks for all points southeast, not another train. Can anyone confirm this?

Reactions: RuffRidinNole