Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Turns out confirmed delivery appointments are also estimates. Had delivery set for 230pm today and got a text at 1030 asking me to confirm for tomorrow. After calling a few times it turns out they don't know where my car is but are hoping it appears later today. Not responding to wake up requests apparently.

Yeah, mine is 866,7xx so it’ll be interesting to see but I couldn’t tell what the difference, other than look, there is. Like, are they supposed to be brighter or angled better or something?
Well, remember, they don’t build them exactly in order. So it can jump around. However it’s *normally* a good sign to have a higher vin than the person who does have the update. But time will tell..

The difference is, with projectors, you normally get way more precise light focus. Also can adaptive lighting ( meaning they can move 15-25 degrees around corners) which I think is a very very very welcome change if they do that. They have the same rating as other OEMS with adaptive lighting. But I’m not sure if they will actually swivel around corners. The current lights are very good I think except in very wet conditions. But most lights are (minus matrix LED, those are badass) but only time will tell. I don’t think it’s a rejecting factor but it’s a nice upgrade to have if it’s there. I can bet someone will try and retrofit these.

Delivery estimate disappeared from my account. Sigh...

Mine did too.

Same. Texted my advisor asking, he called back saying he had no idea, and that my issue seemed to be unique. I'm guessing otherwise. :)

Ordered on the 4th, west coast (Pacific north west), currently targeted at March(?!). Good news is I'm not actually time sensitive, so that won't be a hardship for me... but it is entertaining.

Well, remember, they don’t build them exactly in order. So it can jump around. However it’s *normally* a good sign to have a higher vin than the person who does have the update. But time will tell..

The difference is, with projectors, you normally get way more precise light focus. Also can adaptive lighting ( meaning they can move 15-25 degrees around corners) which I think is a very very very welcome change if they do that. They have the same rating as other OEMS with adaptive lighting. But I’m not sure if they will actually swivel around corners. The current lights are very good I think except in very wet conditions. But most lights are (minus matrix LED, those are badass) but only time will tell. I don’t think it’s a rejecting factor but it’s a nice upgrade to have if it’s there. I can bet someone will try and retrofit these.
In the video I saw they specifically said no swivel

Took delivery today in Irvine (Costa Mesa DC). I was actually able to show up a bit earlier because my car was ready. Despite being a demo, car was almost impeccable. The one flaw was a small blemish in the headliner and a scratch inside the door jamb, which I’ve already scheduled an appointment for. Some smudges on some of the trim, but wiped off with a wet microfiber cloth with ease.

I’m so glad I went for red. It’s amazing all around. Been slamming the pedal all day.
upload_2020-12-19_16-31-55.jpeg

Took delivery today in Irvine (Costa Mesa DC). I was actually able to show up a bit earlier because my car was ready. Despite being a demo, car was almost impeccable. The one flaw was a small blemish in the headliner and a scratch inside the door jamb, which I’ve already scheduled an appointment for. Some smudges on some of the trim, but wiped off with a wet microfiber cloth with ease.

I’m so glad I went for red. It’s amazing all around. Been slamming the pedal all day.
View attachment 619389View attachment 619390View attachment 619391
Congratulations!!! So happy for you bro! Enjoy it! :)

Reactions: adregia
Same. Texted my advisor asking, he called back saying he had no idea, and that my issue seemed to be unique. I'm guessing otherwise. :)

Ordered on the 4th, west coast (Pacific north west), currently targeted at March(?!). Good news is I'm not actually time sensitive, so that won't be a hardship for me... but it is entertaining.

Interesting. I’ll text now and see what they say.

Beautiful. Waiting for my same config.....

btw, Does yours have the new headlights?

Reactions: adregia

Hell yea man!! Congrats!

Reactions: CA4Fun and adregia