Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
M3P / Black w/ W interior. OD 6/19/2022
Been considering M3P for a while. Gas prices forcing my hand a bit with a 140mi round trip commute to work. But didn't want to get another boring and totally sensible commuter car. Fear of gas prices/EV prices rising again. I finally pulled the trigger.
Took a while to decide on color. Even though I'm not a huge fan of the black w/ black wheels look, it seems the best choice for me. Wanted MSM but not enough contrast between performance wheels and MSM. I think I liked the black 2020 performance wheels better with the grey. May end up changing to MSM. Just wanted to get an order in.
Anyway, hoping I don't have any regrets but I guess worst case, I eat the $250 order fee.
Any recommendations for PPF/clear bra (Black car with long freeway commute) in CA bay area greatly appreciated. Or input comments from those that also went with black.

Thanks all.

M3P / Black w/ W interior. OD 6/19/2022
Been considering M3P for a while. Gas prices forcing my hand a bit with a 140mi round trip commute to work. But didn't want to get another boring and totally sensible commuter car. Fear of gas prices/EV prices rising again. I finally pulled the trigger.
Took a while to decide on color. Even though I'm not a huge fan of the black w/ black wheels look, it seems the best choice for me. Wanted MSM but not enough contrast between performance wheels and MSM. I think I liked the black 2020 performance wheels better with the grey. May end up changing to MSM. Just wanted to get an order in.
Anyway, hoping I don't have any regrets but I guess worst case, I eat the $250 order fee.
Any recommendations for PPF/clear bra (Black car with long freeway commute) in CA bay area greatly appreciated. Or input comments from those that also went with black.

Thanks all.
whats the range the M3P can get round trip without going below 20 percent charge and charging to 80-85 percent? I know wind and hills, speed factors in but assuming 70-80 mph and rolling hills on 280? will the m3p do it. I did a stint in san fran for a couple years it was 204 miles round trip., I dont think these cars would make it. I used an estimate of trying to stay above 20 percent charge and max charge of 80 percent daily with a new range of 315 and under perfect conditions figure 189 miles. am I barking on track or way off on my ciphering?

Last edited:
Reactions: NCDAG's M3P
Just got the "schedule delivery" text, but the only option is to have it delivered to my home. Has anyone been able to call and get that switched to pick up at SC? My SC is about 5 miles away
Yes, I called the number that the text originated from - and also replied to the text. I told them no - I wanted the full Tesla Experience and do a pickup at a Delivery Center. They were cool about it and I scheduled my appointment for Pickup. Between Pickup date and then, I did probably get 2-3 calls and texts asking if I would take delivery at a drop off like my home or work location, but I politely refused.

This was in Los Angeles and their Marina Del Rey facility can store hundreds of cars I think. They used to present it to you indoors, but that area inside was curtained off. I peeked behind them and it was bumper-to-bumper cars in there getting prepped for delivery/pickup.

I’m at about $100/month on USAA with $500 deductibles. Old guy, too.
yeah im in aarp range also. The comp collision bodily injury coverage amounts could skew things as well as projected miles driven. I think area living in has something to do with it also, somewhere there are high crime, crashes, damage reports, vs small town usa could play a roll too.

Reactions: julit0
Mine is decent

Attachments

• 17DA19C5-8020-4A5B-8574-98E1B1E23D0E.jpeg
    17DA19C5-8020-4A5B-8574-98E1B1E23D0E.jpeg
    171.3 KB · Views: 66
Yea, I got a vin. I saw that my EDD was push to June 22-25 from July 6 - Aug 10. But when I logged into the website, my vin is there.
Hell yeah! I got my VIN today as well (this morning) but not change to EDD or proposed DD as of yet. I spoke to SA and he advised I should hear something Mon/Tue regarding scheduling. Picking up in Sunnyvale. Grats! This is really leading me to believe Flat has some exciting news inbound!