Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Isn't best way is to search "5YJ" which are first 3 letters of M3 Vins? There is a sample one in source code left over by the developers. Don't fall for that one while rest of the matches are blanked out.
This was the strategy that was most effective for me last year. I remember that I was shopping around Target when I randomly decided to check the page source via my phone. My heart almost sank when I finally found a VIN.

I called Tesla the next day, was told that my car was en route on a truck, and could schedule a delivery.

This was the strategy that was most effective for me last year. I remember that I was shopping around Target when I randomly decided to check the page source via my phone. My heart almost sank when I finally found a VIN.

I called Tesla the next day, was told that my car was en route on a truck, and could schedule a delivery.
Yeah, it's the way I been checking several times daily past few days haha

Nice to know that it actually can work.

I, too, received a text yesterday announcing my MP3 will be ready in 3-7 weeks. I ordered mine on Sept. 23! I’m in California not far from the factory and have heard these cars for nearby buyers are last off the line each quarter. I was heartened just to see they know my order still exists!

Text yesterday as well. 3-6 weeks. Ordered back in August but was on hold since my Audi S5 lease isn't up until mid-December. Official order date was 10/20.

M3P Silver with black interior. I love all of the updates but wish they hadn't changed the wheels. I prefer the prior performance wheels. Maybe I'll find a brand new performance owner pre-refresh that wants to swap.

Text yesterday as well. 3-6 weeks. Ordered back in August but was on hold since my Audi S5 lease isn't up until mid-December. Official order date was 10/20.

M3P Silver with black interior. I love all of the updates but wish they hadn't changed the wheels. I prefer the prior performance wheels. Maybe I'll find a brand new performance owner pre-refresh that wants to swap.

I've got 20" Performance Sportwheels powder coated black that I can swap you - just the wheels so you can still have your new tires. capture1589421759540.png

My sales advisor told me they're starting to see VINs and expect I'll be assigned one soon with a delivery (unless I misunderstood him to mean VIN assignment) even possible next week. Of note, I ordered in September and pushed back to deliver.

Looks like my sales advisor was overly optimistic in his estimations. Still waiting for VIN assignment. Tomorrow we'll hit the last day of my expected delivery window before entering the 'late' territory. Estimated delivery window is October 17 - November 14.

I got that mass text stating 3-7 weeks, my SA expects I'll be three weeks now given the wide range. I'm hoping it'll be sooner, but what can you do at this point but sit and wait, and debate things like 18 inch wheels + winter tires or winter tire swap on the 20s.

My delivery estimate has gone from 12/19-12/31 to no estimate at all...
Mine got removed from the desktop site, still there on the mobile site.

Mine was Oct 29-Nov 26 originally, and the SA recently told me Dec 6th-ish. Wonder if they are just removing the dates because they are mostly wrong at this point.

Kind of insane that you make a $85K purchase and they can't even tell you roughly when it will arrive. I understand there are factors involved, but if I can get tracking on $5 item coming from China, I feel like a car should be trackable as well.

Maybe the VINs just get shuffled around so frequently during delivery that until they receive and inspect it at the delivery center, they can't really know who it's going to. And even then, seems like if you don't agree to pick it up within a couple days, they just give it to someone else.

Mine got removed from the desktop site, still there on the mobile site.

Mine was Oct 29-Nov 26 originally, and the SA recently told me Dec 6th-ish. Wonder if they are just removing the dates because they are mostly wrong at this point.

Kind of insane that you make a $85K purchase and they can't even tell you roughly when it will arrive. I understand there are factors involved, but if I can get tracking on $5 item coming from China, I feel like a car should be trackable as well.

Maybe the VINs just get shuffled around so frequently during delivery that until they receive and inspect it at the delivery center, they can't really know who it's going to. And even then, seems like if you don't agree to pick it up within a couple days, they just give it to someone else.
For what it’s worth, my car was assigned to me before it left the factory, but because I live in California, I only had 2 days to schedule delivery. :confused:

The mobile si
I didn’t find a thread for this yet so sorry if it is a duplicate.

I ordered an MP3 Blue with White interior on 10/17. San Francisco area. I’m curious how true the 5-9 week estimate will hold.

The mobile site says delivery between 11/21 and 12/17. I got a text on on 11/10 though that says my car will be ready in 5-7 weeks. I’m in San Francisco so could pick it up in Fremont so we’ll see.

I'm basically under the impression that nothing matters (not this text message that recently went out, not the delivery timeline in your tesla account, etc.) except for when they message you that a VIN has been assigned and to schedule your delivery time. Other than that, the delivery date is a rough and loose estimate of relative priority

Maybe I'm being a little tongue in cheek given the current transition over to the refresh (where otherwise delivery timings could be more accurate?)

Maybe I'm being a little tongue in cheek given the current transition over to the refresh (where otherwise delivery timings could be more accurate?)

No, you're right.

Delivery estimate is a solid as FSD release date :eek:, until a VIN (car) is match to your order, refreshed M3 or any model for that matter.

But then again, Tesla even at the delivery day has been known to say "sorry, your car has some damage (insert reason here), and we can't deliver today".

In any case - I hope we start seeing VIN or actual 2021 M3P delivery, soon.

Did anyone notice that the refreshed Performance Model 3 comes with Pirelli P Zero tires instead of Michelin Pilot Sport 4S. Michelin have a specific model of the Pilot Sport 4S (T0) for Tesla but I haven’t found a Tesla specific model of the PZero. However, the PZeros appears to be much more expensive than the PS4S