Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
my SA just called me , to check to see if i had any question or any concerns because she has not texted me lately . I said yeah , do i have a vin yet ... she said left me check for you ... ..... after she checks she says no ..... but i do see a delivery date of DEC 6th ... i said how is that and i dont have a vin ... she said it must mean you are getting a vin soon. i guess ill just wait ....:(
Oddly, I got a delivery date in my account. But also no VIN.

I called in and the SA said he'd look into it, then emailed me the VIN seperately. Still not in my account though. Not sure what that means.

(mine is white on white)

Last edited:
In my case, I wonder if it's because the car hasn't been formally delivered to the juristiction it will be sold in. When I tried to register for insurance, the VIN lookup failed, probably because it's not registered in the provincial system yet?

So it may not be useful to give the VIN out until it's arrived and been registered.

You don't get a VIN in your account before you have a delivery date. They designed the system that way because they might switch if they match you with another car for earlier delivery (for example if somebody cancel their order).
Doesn't mean it will show up when you get a date, but it definitely won't show up before you get a date.

• Helpful
Reactions: jjrandorin
You don't get a VIN in your account before you have a delivery date. They designed the system that way because they might switch if they match you with another car for earlier delivery (for example if somebody cancel their order).
Doesn't mean it will show up when you get a date, but it definitely won't show up before you get a date.

Hmmm...I’ve got a VIN but only a generic delivery range (12/8-14). No specific delivery date as it were.