Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got my vin tonight.
M3p White with black interior no fsd
Original date was nov 22 to dec 20. Stayed that way the whole time.
Got 2 texts saying 3-6 weeks then 2 weeks later it was 3-5 weeks. Tonight a text that said 3-4 weeks and i should have it before end of year.
20 min later checked my account and had a vin with delivery date 12-2 to 12-5.
Picking up in Buana Park. Do not have an appoinment yet and have not heard from SA.
Funny thing i checked for a hidden vin on my Tesla page and as of 5pm there was no vin. Will take the soonest appointment date and post picks.

Got my vin tonight.
Got 2 texts saying 3-6 weeks then 2 weeks later it was 3-5 weeks. Tonight a text that said 3-4 weeks and i should have it before end of year.
Picking up in Buana Park. Do not have an appoinment yet and have not heard from SA.
Funny thing i checked for a hidden vin on my Tesla page and as of 5pm there was no vin. Will take the soonest appointment date and post picks.
In other words, you ordered a few days before me (my estimate is November 25 - December 23). I’m picking up at the Costa Mesa DC. I hope this is a good sign.

Reactions: CA4Fun
Got my vin tonight.
Congrats!

I got my VIN on 11/29 and was able to schedule delivery the next day. So expect a text tomorrow to schedule your delivery date. I could have picked up from Buena Park as early as Wednesday but I still need to return my Chevy Bolt tomorrow and won't have free time until Saturday.

You'll probably pick up your 3 before I do. Lol

I’ll post a ton more tomorrow! Spent all day joy riding . What kind of pictures do you guys want?
Nice, congrats man!

Could you take pictures of the followings:
1. Wheel/rim alignment to the fender line, front and back. And preferably with a ruler. :D (To see approximately how large the spacers needs to be.)
upload_2020-12-2_9-33-28.png

2. Front tire and the spindle knuckle. (To see if there would be room for 245, 255 or wider tire).

Thanks! Hehe

Spindle knuckle:
upload_2020-12-2_9-29-15.png

Attachments

• upload_2020-12-2_9-33-17.png
    upload_2020-12-2_9-33-17.png
    541.7 KB · Views: 36
There’s a gallery of pics of a red one on Reddit. (Oregon delivery)

I noticed that the wide angle lens used (fisheye effect) definitely makes the wheel look bigger and stretched the gap on this front wheel shot vs the shot of the white car. Hopefully everyone can see what I’m talking about. Definitely need to see this in person!

273780E3-282B-48C2-8A25-1DD23846D1F3.jpeg

Last edited:
Dogs make the white interior a no go for me.
We have two Boston terriers we have had ZERO issue with the white interior. In fact we had more issue with the black stain thaN the white one. A lot of people are afraid of the white and I understand it. If you take care of it you will be fine. Ceramic coat them, buy the dog cover. But if you want the white get the white you will be ok.

Hi all! New here to the forums and Tesla. Ordered my M3P in Midnight Silver with black interior on 11/21. Expected delivery on my account is 12/12-12/31. I got this cryptic message from my SA last night, and I don't know what to make of it. Maybe I don't fully understand Tesla's ordering process.

"I think for now I’ll keep an eye on getting you matched to an available car. It really should be any day now. If you happen to notice before we do, call or email and we can put a plan together and get the timing down."

My assumption is, I ordered a car to my specifications, and when it's through manufacturing, I'll get the VIN and delivery shortly after. This makes it seem more like a lottery. Should I be concerned?o_O

Hi all! New here to the forums and Tesla. Ordered my M3P in Midnight Silver with black interior on 11/21. Expected delivery on my account is 12/12-12/31. I got this cryptic message from my SA last night, and I don't know what to make of it. Maybe I don't fully understand Tesla's ordering process.

"I think for now I’ll keep an eye on getting you matched to an available car. It really should be any day now. If you happen to notice before we do, call or email and we can put a plan together and get the timing down."

My assumption is, I ordered a car to my specifications, and when it's through manufacturing, I'll get the VIN and delivery shortly after. This makes it seem more like a lottery. Should I be concerned?o_O
It is a lottery, in essence, though you will definitely receive your car before the end of the year.

Tesla prioritizes car assignment first by region, then by order date. In other words, almost everyone receives their car in the final month of each quarter (December, in this case). Orders placed before this final month tend to be guaranteed for delivery within the quarter. Tesla continues producing cars in batches throughout the quarter and assigns them to orders based on priority.

The reason why region is prioritized first is because of the time required to ship cars overseas. In order to fulfill as many overseas orders as possible within 3 months, they have to build exclusively for far away regions first. In the end, most of those overseas purchasers end up taking delivery in December, anyways.