Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone, new to the forum here and have an M3P white on white on the way. Ordered 10/21, delivery eta today’s date-12/23, picking up in Costa Mesa, CA. No VIN yet but hopefully any day now!

Regarding the wheel gap concerns, I have a lot of experience in photography and can confirm it’s an illusion, nothing to worry about. Camera angle and focal length of the lens makes the gap look bigger than it is in certain photos.

In the attached comparison, the red car picture was taken close up with a wide angle lens, causing a slight distortion and making the gap look big (notice the wheel also appears more oval, not circular like the white car.) The white car picture was taken farther back with a longer focal length lens, so the proportions are more accurate.

Anyway, good luck to you all still waiting!

Mebem

hero.jpg

10/18. I'm sure yours is coming soon. Have you looked for your MVPA on your "My Tesla" page. It will be listed with other docs. MVPA will have your VIN.

OK sounds like they are still on track since you
ordered a couple of weeks before me. I checked for my MVPA but nothing yet. I may have a couple more weeks until the vi. Good luck with your delivery!
10/18. I'm sure yours is coming soon. Have you looked for your MVPA on your "My Tesla" page. It will be listed with other docs. MVPA will have your VIN.

Reactions: AtlantaMCR
I think a lot of us are. I guess it’s how it goes.

My guess (or at least hope) would be that the people who ordered after you who are getting their VINs and/or vehicles delivered before you are in regions where Tesla is sending other owner's cars who ordered before you and this is more-so optimizing for max # of deliveries per truckload/batch delivered (or minimum trips required to delivery the demand of that region by end of year).

It sounds like I'll get one of the first delivered in the NE (with my September order time) but I'm sure that there will be people who ordered in October and possibly later who also will be getting their cars at the same time). As time goes on and they have more factories in more places, I imagine this will become less and less a perceivable difference.

Until then, let the emotional roller coaster continue! (I know I certainly will let mine go all over the place as it has over the last few months!)

Reactions: RefreshedP
Ordered mine in 10/29, still haven't received my VIN either. The good news is that - since I am over 200 miles from the nearest service center - they will deliver my M3P directly to my house. I hope that those "home deliveries" cars are carefully put together in terms of fit and finish, as I don't think I could refuse home delivery since payment is due prior.

My guess (or at least hope) would be that the people who ordered after you who are getting their VINs and/or vehicles delivered before you are in regions where Tesla is sending other owner's cars who ordered before you and this is more-so optimizing for max # of deliveries per truckload/batch delivered (or minimum trips required to delivery the demand of that region by end of year).

It sounds like I'll get one of the first delivered in the NE (with my September order time) but I'm sure that there will be people who ordered in October and possibly later who also will be getting their cars at the same time). As time goes on and they have more factories in more places, I imagine this will become less and less a perceivable difference.

Until then, let the emotional roller coaster continue! (I know I certainly will let mine go all over the place as it has over the last few months!)
This all of this.... its pretty much how they do it. like currently, no performance cars have been delivered to my delievery center at all here in Maryland. not one. however Tyson Va has some going out now or this week. its just the luck of the draw. but I do know everyone will get their car before years end if they placed ordered before Sunday. I now Tesla said December 8th. but I would at least roll that back by two days. but hang in there everyone it will happen soon

for me, once I pick it up I won't see it for another week or so so that way everything can be done at once like wrap window tint ceramic coating homelink install etc. and when I go home that it.

Last edited:
Reactions: To3OrNotTo3
New here as well. Great information on this site. I ordered 10/16. M3P black on black. No VIN yet and delivery ETA is Dec 3 - 18 @ Costa Mesa location. Looking forward to receiving my VIN. Good luck to all.

I’m picking up at Costa Mesa too. Ordered in august but refused delivery to get the refresh model. I have no delivery window or VIN assigned yet. Just spoke with a rep from Costa Mesa and said there should be a large wave coming in within the next two weeks.

Reactions: adregia