Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In Toronto. I haven't "officially" received mine yet and ordered on Sept 25.

I got a delivery date, and then I called in and they emailed me a VIN, but it's not on my account yet and the delivery date is likely to change apparently.

I imagine that when the car crosses the border this week, things will start to get firmed up for us in Canada.
Im in the same boat. No vin on my account, but was able to get my vin emailed to me from the SC. Last I heard the car will be in oakville on the 12th. Than they have to transport it up to the kitchener location for pickup on the 16th. Fingers crossed timelines hold true. If weather holds out, I'll pickup in oakville early in the week. If not, I'll wait till its in KW so I only have a short 3km drive home with the summers.

Things seem to be moving along for me as well.

Capture.PNG

This isn’t my first rodeo.... ask away if you have questions. I don’t mine. I don’t know everything but I know where to get answers in most cases. I have made friends with some if the Tesla folks over the years.
How much pull would you say our SAs have over when we get a VIN. Someone told me it is them who look out for VINs and then assign them to their orders. What’s your experience with this and how accurate do you think it is?

How much pull would you say our SAs have over when we get a VIN. Someone told me it is them who look out for VINs and then assign them to their orders. What’s your experience with this and how accurate do you think it is?
Yes, in my experience SAs can get VINs. I had that experience with my 19 M3P. I could not get a white on white back then, so we chatted and he looked around and found my second color option; VIN matched me on the phone; and set up a preliminary delivery date. Now that’s not to say things haven’t changed; however, I know this behavior has happened relatively recent. So it has truth in it. Not all people are the same. With our model Y I didn’t even get a call, text or email about our VIN. I woke up and the account stated please pay off you amount. I called the DC and scheduled my pick up. I do know SA don’t have to much pull in the trade department. That’s a fact. But some influence yes but don’t hold your breathe. Hope that helps.

I honestly feel like I bug the crap out of my SA. I call or text a few times a week just to touch base

He emailed me to say congrats on my order, then called me next day to push me to go through registration info and payment info otherwise my Order wouldn’t move forward so I did very promptly, worried that my order would be delayed.

Since then, nada, I emailed just asking for an update and a couple questions I had about current model, no reply since. Even if he emailed or text to say hold fire and answer my questions I posed I’d be content waiting. But no comms isn’t really on.

my last SA was literally the opposite, he was a top bloke and really worked hard to match me with what I needed and answered all my questions very promptly. Shame he doesn’t work there anymore.