Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My delivery estimate was originally 12/16-12/30 and is now 5/14-6/11.
I'm in Los Angeles, ordered plain old red/black on 11/25 and have never changed/paused/messed with the order in any way. I've had no interaction with Tesla whatsoever (they won't return my calls or emails) other than the online payment I made in December.

Starting to get a little disappointed with Tesla's corporate quality. They're not a "tech startup" anymore after a decade of business made them one of the most valuable companies on the planet.

When did your estimate update to show next quarter?

My delivery estimate was originally 12/16-12/30 and is now 5/14-6/11.
I'm in Los Angeles, ordered plain old red/black on 11/25 and have never changed/paused/messed with the order in any way. I've had no interaction with Tesla whatsoever (they won't return my calls or emails) other than the online payment I made in December.

Starting to get a little disappointed with Tesla's corporate quality. They're not a "tech startup" anymore after a decade of business made them one of the most valuable companies on the planet.

That really worries me as I have the same order (red/black) but a later order date of 12/14. I’m in the Central Valley of Cali.

You’ll have to wait two quarters for this car! That’s unacceptable!

What I don't understand is how Tesla is telling new buyers(on there site right now) that if they were to order a model 3 performance now, it would take 3-6 weeks for delivery(March 12th-April 2nd)
I placed my order on Jan 14th and my acct says 8-11 weeks from when the order was placed, which would be March 11th-April 2nd. Wtf. What was the point of ordering earlier this year if I’m going to get it the same time it I were to order it right now?

What I don't understand is how Tesla is telling new buyers(on there site right now) that if they were to order a model 3 performance now, it would take 3-6 weeks for delivery(March 12th-April 2nd)
I placed my order on Jan 14th and my acct says 8-11 weeks from when the order was placed, which would be March 11th-April 2nd. Wtf. What was the point of ordering earlier this year if I’m going to get it the same time it I were to order it right now?

Yea I agree it’s fckn stupid. They can make a car drive itself, but they can’t get a decent algorithm made for queue times for their cars...

Same thing for me, when I ordered mine in the beginning of December they said no problem and that I was cleared to sell my Lexus private sale, so I did. They assured me over and over again I would have my car before the new year. And here I am 3 months later, car-less and they don’t give a *sugar*. Not the SA’s fault, but you can’t reach Tesla customer service in any reasonable way.

Very agitating and my patience is so thin at this point if anything else goes wrong I’m gonna tell them to shove the car up their ass.

They are making them in batches at least that was the impression I got from my SA. He told me back at the end of Jan when I was deciding between the MYP and M3P that 3's weren't going to be delivered until March and I'm in CA which is last to be delivered I believe.

Order placed 12/20 Blue/White M3P. Estimated delivery date used to say 2/21-3/21. Now says 8-12 weeks which is at least still the same timeframe. Though a used 2019 model showed up with the exact same config last week. Was $8000 less than new 2021, but they even raised the price on that used car so now only a $5000 saving to buy a used 2-year old model.

I have a similar situation. Delivery was to be by end of December, then received the curt email that it was put back to this quarter. Had delivery estimate until March 14 and yesterday it disappeared. If it gets moved into next quarter, I’m out.
I had someone contact me from the local showroom when I put in my order. So I have someone that is reachable by text or call. Might be because I test drove the car that month. Do you all have someone you can contact like that? That’s ridiculous. Ordered last year and you still don’t have it?? When you look at the website now before ordering it has like 3-5 weeks so it seems like the majority of the builds are in mid March. Maybe it’s like McDonald’s where they make a bunch or common combos and expect it will be gobbled up.

Reactions: TBrownTX
I had someone contact me from the local showroom when I put in my order. So I have someone that is reachable by text or call. Might be because I test drove the car that month. Do you all have someone you can contact like that? That’s ridiculous. Ordered last year and you still don’t have it?? When you look at the website now before ordering it has like 3-5 weeks so it seems like the majority of the builds are in mid March. Maybe it’s like McDonald’s where they make a bunch or common combos and expect it will be gobbled up.
I do have an advisor. He confirmed I would have it last year and I heard nothing from him when it did not happen. He confirmed everything was on track for this quarter, but then the delivery date mess. I have a message in to him and will report back when I hear something.

I ordered my P3D in November. Tesla set expectations of me receiving the car by early December. In early December my SA was confident that I'd get the car by Christmas, which then became New Year's. Do I need to mention that I'm still waiting for it haha?

There are no dates on my account, but the SA is confident I'll get the car in March.

• Love
Reactions: SummerlinChiro
The estimated delivery times disappearing from our accounts is unnerving. Regardless, still looks like the East to West rollout is moving as usual. Saw someone on the east coast get a vin assigned with a delivery estimate of Mid-Mar. That is about right. West should get their VINs 2nd-3rd week of MAR with a delivery EST. of 3rd-4th week of MAR. I am not sure when Tesla will cut off new orders for this quarter but once they do the EST. delivery times on the order page will jump to the end of next quarter.