Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m struggling to understand...
Seattle area. Grey/Black m3p.
Ordered Dec 3rd, 2020.
Back to a week range on the reservation page, and figuring good odds it won’t happen this quarter either. See many matching cars going elsewhere.

Are there that many people with even older orders? Is Grey that rare a color? (Seems super common). Custom ordering a BMW from Germany didn’t take this long.

Call and have them change your delivery date for when you’re in town. I changed mine from a Friday to a Monday when I have more time to check out the vehicle before excepting delivery
Be careful with this, I believe they give you a certain amount of days (3) before they will release the car and put you back in the que to be matched again. At least that is what I was told with my wife's Y.

I’m struggling to understand...
Seattle area. Grey/Black m3p.
Ordered Dec 3rd, 2020.
Back to a week range on the reservation page, and figuring good odds it won’t happen this quarter either. See many matching cars going elsewhere.

Are there that many people with even older orders? Is Grey that rare a color? (Seems super common). Custom ordering a BMW from Germany didn’t take this long.

I ordered 11/11 with the same spec sand my original gate date was expected for March 5th but I vin-matched to an internal inventory car. Not in the same area as you though, but it sounds like most of the performance trims should be getting built next week.

No wood paneling on the doors, but I think it was made before the pause so the March builds might have it.

This just in from my SA...

"Hi Tim! The car was made on Feb 25th. I can see that it is in route but I am unable to tell of its current location. I'm excited for you!!"

The lines restarted on Wednesday, 2/24. So mine was built the second day after the factory returned to production.

I'm hoping that means some extra checks on low volume day, not during EOQ rush, and as a bonus its not built on a Friday. Perfect!

Maybe the "parts shortage" was the old door panels. :D

Tim

This just in from my SA...

"Hi Tim! The car was made on Feb 25th. I can see that it is in route but I am unable to tell of its current location. I'm excited for you!!"

The lines restarted on Wednesday, 2/24. So mine was built the second day after the factory returned to production.

I'm hoping that means some extra checks on low volume day, not during EOQ rush, and as a bonus its not built on a Friday. Perfect!

Maybe the "parts shortage" was the old door panels. :D

Tim
Tim, When did Tesla assign your Vin? Just wondering if that was also on the 25th? Mine was assigned on Feb 18th but I don't know how that corresponds to the build date. It is scheduled to arrive in Houston on March 3rd with pickup on March 8th and am keeping my fingers crossed for a quality build.

Reactions: TBrownTX
Tim, When did Tesla assign your Vin? Just wondering if that was also on the 25th? Mine was assigned on Feb 18th but I don't know how that corresponds to the build date. It is scheduled to arrive in Houston on March 3rd with pickup on March 8th and am keeping my fingers crossed for a quality build.

I just checked, and sure enough, I received my VIN on 2/25.

I have seen an awful lot of "perfect" posts the last couple weeks, including in FB user groups.

Hoping you get a quality build, be sure and check in and update us on delivery day!

Tim

[
I just checked, and sure enough, I received my VIN on 2/25.

I have seen an awful lot of "perfect" posts the last couple weeks, including in FB user groups.

Hoping you get a quality build, be sure and check in and update us on delivery day!

Tim
I think you will be impressed, they even detailed my car. The paint felt like glass. No gaps or misaligned anything. The only thing I found was two pieces of tape, and the plastic still on the license plate frame. It was way different than picking up my wife's Y a few weeks ago. Her Y was no gaps good, but had a few small things like 3 fingerprints on the headliner, rough feeling paint. So far I have found none with the M3P and I went over every inch last night.

[

I think you will be impressed, they even detailed my car. The paint felt like glass. No gaps or misaligned anything. The only thing I found was two pieces of tape, and the plastic still on the license plate frame. It was way different than picking up my wife's Y a few weeks ago. Her Y was no gaps good, but had a few small things like 3 fingerprints on the headliner, rough feeling paint. So far I have found none with the M3P and I went over every inch last night.

This makes me VERY hopeful for a near perfect vehicle upon delivery. Now that the holidays are over...I bet we can all expect our M3P's in the above shape too!

I bet Elon is all over this right now. In my area, most of the drop offs are personal delivery, with a Tesla employee doing a drop at home and taking an Uber back. Maybe Tesla trying to up their game?

Tim
I have seen a handful of peeps on FB and reddit getting their vehicle "Tesla Direct." They weren't given any other options either. Wonder what the criteria is for them to do house deliveries?