Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have seen a handful of peeps on FB and reddit getting their vehicle "Tesla Direct." They weren't given any other options either. Wonder what the criteria is for them to do house deliveries?

We have three service centers in the DFW area. One in Dallas, one in Ft. Worth, and one in Plano. The Dallas and Ft. Worth locations are still offering pickups. The Plano one, which is closest to me, does not seem to be offering them any longer.

I was one of those folks not offered anything but home delivery, never saw any other option pop up during the process. Same for 4-5 other local Tesla club members in my area. The least one commented that the advisor told them it was "an edict from Elon".

Not sure about that last part, being third hand information, but our local service center is definitely not doing pickups, and has not been since late last year. Not sure why the change (COVID?) or if it will stay that way long term.

Tim

I’m in San Diego. My EDD has been bouncing around a lot. It’s gone from 1jan-17Mar... a dash, blank, back to later dates in March, to a dash again and now finally I have 3Mar-17Mar.

In San Diego as well. Voicing between 18 feb 18 March to 15-19 weeks to 17 March 31 March back to 15-19 weeks which would be the same as 18 feb 18 March. A lot of foolery happenin

• Funny
Reactions: TBrownTX
Maybe one of you can help answer this for me. I would greatly appreciate it.
I received my vin last week and I am 9 days away from the start of the "Estimated Delivery"(March 10 - March 16), how close to the delivery time frame do you usually get a call to schedule the pick up of the car?

Thank you!!

Re: cars found by inventory search (ev-cpo or their other site, for example). Does anyone know how that works as far as the location? If the car is tagged for Pittsburg, for example, is it actually there? Or is it just planned to be put on a truck for there? Can my SA try and grab it and get it sent to Seattle instead?

Re: cars found by inventory search (ev-cpo or their other site, for example). Does anyone know how that works as far as the location? If the car is tagged for Pittsburg, for example, is it actually there? Or is it just planned to be put on a truck for there? Can my SA try and grab it and get it sent to Seattle instead?
Call your SA and ask them in my case the car was in my area already. I just read an article on Tasmanian though which is good news. Photos: Tesla Fremont Factory Back to Full Speed for Quarter-End Push

won’t hurt to ask. The inventory car I found was near Boston (was in transit at the time) and I had it diverted to a delivery to Charlotte. There was a $1k transportation fee noted to transport the vehicle from Boston to Charlotte.

Generally that is the location of the car. But you can always have Tesla ship the car to your location. ALWAYS ask a Tesla sales associate for most current information. The data on their website isn't always 100% accurate.

• Informative
Reactions: SummerlinChiro
Obviously Waiting for my VIN and was pouring over the data in the excel file, so to reassure myself I will get my MP3. and I noticed the same vin number twice...what does this mean? I sorted the column to illustrate in 1 screenshot

Attachments

• vin.JPG
    vin.JPG
    250.6 KB · Views: 52
Obviously Waiting for my VIN and was pouring over the data in the excel file, so to reassure myself I will get my MP3. and I noticed the same vin number twice...what does this mean? I sorted the column to illustrate in 1 screenshot

If you list your vin in the form as “9143xx” the “x” are wildcards and are replaced with “5” so it would show as 914355, same with if you did something like 9145xx, it would show as 914555.