Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Still waiting to hear from the delivery guys. I'm going to wait until noon or so, then I'll be putting on the ninja suit and heading over for some recon.

Tim

So made a call before heading over. Apparently the part has not arrived and my current Monday delivery will also be delayed. No ETA, no other information, and SUPER aggravating. Time to shift all my plans around for the third time now. :mad:

On a positive note, the ninja suit is available for anyone who needs it.

Tim

So made a call before heading over. Apparently the part has not arrived and my current Monday delivery will also be delayed. No ETA, no other information, and SUPER aggravating. Time to shift all my plans around for the third time now. :mad:

Tim
Man some of you guys are lucky, my SA won't even answer the phone or respond to an email. Ghosted by tesla, who would've thought haha

Same boat my man. Mine selectively will respond every 5-7 days and say "I've been out of the office"... like how much PTO do y'all get? I wanna work for Tesla haha! 😂

As I sit here and stew, it’s amazing how bad the communication really is. I get more frequent updates ordering a $58 dinner than I get with a $58,000 car.

Everyone is willing to overlook because of the cars, and I knew communication was an issue going in, but I can see where people cancel never to return.

Tim

Last edited:
The communication is by no means great, but honestly I haven't been offended by it either.

I think expectations have to be reined in for some. If something is wrong, or an unexpected delay occurs, then communication is a must. I know that certainly applies to some on this thread (ordered late last year or January, their expected window has more than elapsed, and they have a hard time even getting an update.)

For those in my boat (more than eager to get the car, but reality is they said 3-6w and its been 3....) it is hard to fault radio silence. They are sales associates, not concierge attendants. If there is nothing to say, I don't expect them to reach out. If they have nothing to report, they don't need to rapidly respond to me if I am asking for an update (48h is acceptable).

Yes, its a nearly 60k car, but if the expected window hasn't even elapsed yet, you really have to give them a break.

The communication is by no means great, but honestly I haven't been offended by it either.

I think expectations have to be reined in for some. If something is wrong, or an unexpected delay occurs, then communication is a must. I know that certainly applies to some on this thread (ordered late last year or January, their expected window has more than elapsed, and they have a hard time even getting an update.)

For those in my boat (more than eager to get the car, but reality is they said 3-6w and its been 3....) it is hard to fault radio silence. They are sales associates, not concierge attendants. If there is nothing to say, I don't expect them to reach out. If they have nothing to report, they don't need to rapidly respond to me if I am asking for an update (48h is acceptable).

Yes, its a nearly 60k car, but if the expected window hasn't even elapsed yet, you really have to give them a break.

I'm speaking specifically to the unexpected delay in my delivery (car stuck in QC process, evidently waiting on parts).

Tim

Tim
Maybe the it's the badges as per this thread....https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/threads/delay-due-to-badging.222646/ even though that applies to the Model Y.

Like Hilbe Above me, I had a 3/28-3/31 Delivery window. As of this morning:

View attachment 643792

Deliver Date has once again shows 3/28-3/31as of this morning.

1615670413541.png

I think expectations have to be reined in for some. If something is wrong, or an unexpected delay occurs, then communication is a must.
For those in my boat (more than eager to get the car, but reality is they said 3-6w and its been 3....) it is hard to fault radio silence.
A big part of the problem is frequent and random changes to the delivery window estimate - even the format changes randomly between dates, weeks, blanks, or dashes and it drives people crazy. If they just had one intern take 5 minutes to fix the website and setup a cheesy weekly autospam status email it would make a world of difference.

But it's particularly inexcusable that there is no possible way to contact them via phone, email, text, or Twitter and they won't ever reach out to us for *any* reason, even 3+ months after payment was made for a promised delivery.

Remember, Tesla is not a "tech startup". They were founded in 2003 and started mass producing cars before some of their current customers were even born. You'd think they coulda found an intern or two during that time to at least give the public some illusion of a competently run company.

I didn’t realize how many times I would check my profile for a vin. This is ridiculous. My buddies just feel bad for me at this point. When I spoke about getting a M3P it got them motivated to get new cars themselves. One picked up a M3 Comp and the other a M4 Comp. I am here just waiting with no car and a garage filled with parts... lol.

Reactions: Avn1284
Tried to vin match to an inventory vehicle today with no luck. The location where the vehicle was provided the VIN, but my SA could not assign it for some reason. Went back and forth a few times and was eventually told that the vehicle might not even exist. The wait continues.

Agreed. I’m stuck in the N+1 category for the last few days. Went from 3/10-3/24 and has been narrowing each day to the current 3/15-3/24.
Ordered 1/6, M3P Whi/Blk no FSD.
My buddy, also in Visalia, ordered a MY-LR on 3/2 and is pickup today. SUPER JEALOUS!

Agreed. I’m stuck in the N+1 category for the last few days. Went from 3/10-3/24 and has been narrowing each day to the current 3/15-3/24.
Ordered 1/6, M3P Whi/Blk no FSD.
My buddy, also in Visalia, ordered a MY-LR on 3/2 and is pickup today. SUPER JEALOUS!
Performance trims are always doomed for the end of the quarter unfortunately...but it’ll be well worth the wait!

Tried to vin match to an inventory vehicle today with no luck. The location where the vehicle was provided the VIN, but my SA could not assign it for some reason. Went back and forth a few times and was eventually told that the vehicle might not even exist. The wait continues.
I tried the same thing with my SA, I even tried tesla chat and I was basically told they can't assign the car unless I cancel my order. Which at that point they couldn't guarantee me that I would get that car, plus I would lose the $100 and have to pay $500 for the new "order". I gave up and figured it will come when it comes, A few jack and cokes help too.