Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What happens when we all get our cars? Next wave of anxious buyers? We should create a new discussion called Q1 2021 model 3 performance waiting room alumni. LOL. I like the earlier suggestion someone said for calling this a support group.

Yes, the cycle shall repeat itself, like those who have come before us (last quarter).

Tim

For the folks who took delivery, what’s the 0-60 like? Is it there when you need it or am I going to be driving this thing into trees in the neighborhood?

Totally there when you need it, deep in the pedal. Pedal is great for feathering when using regenerative braking, making small adjustments, etc. Not like an ICE car where they put all the power up front to make it feel faster than it is. You keep pressing, and it keeps doling out power until you hit the dizzy point. ;)

Tim

Honestly don't know what to type, this car is absolutely amazing! Picked it up yesterday, ordered January 22nd. Coming from driving BMW's for the past 10 years, this for sure put a bigger smile on my face than any car I've owned, and mind you I work for BMW (please don't tell them I got a Tesla) and have driven pretty much all of them. No noticeable panel gaps, paint has a few minor scratches but I'm doing ceramic coating so they will do full paint correction before they apply it. Obviously new headlights and heated steering wheel for all of you wondering. Unfortunately came with software 2020.47.104, I clicked the advanced software updates so hopefully daddy Elon can hook it up sooner. Time to scare the s**t out of my wife and family haha. Everyone waiting, its well worth the wait!!

View attachment 645641View attachment 645643
GORG...Congrats!!!

Spoke to service today about getting the new firmware pushed to me. They said that the car needs to get "broken in" before the firmware gets pushed. He said to drive it more and I should see it soon. Not sure if that was BS but I am on leave and do not mind having an excuse to take a long drive.

So I had an excuse to drive up to RPM Tesla and put some eyes on a few goodies. They have a bad rep on this forum but I have nothing to but great things to say about them after my experience today. It was great to see everything in hand and take it out into the sun to compare. You can get most of the stuff on ebay, aliexpress, etc but in hand experience is always better. The owner personally showed me all the project cars and customer cars to get any idea of what all the mods looked like installed. Showed me his wives fully customized P100D ... awesome to say the least. Picked up a few goodies and had them installed right there. I cant speak for getting them to mail items and times line of that but in person it was as good as it gets.

Totally there when you need it, deep in the pedal. Pedal is great for feathering when using regenerative braking, making small adjustments, etc. Not like an ICE car where they put all the power up front to make it feel faster than it is. You keep pressing, and it keeps doling out power until you hit the dizzy point. ;)

Tim
It is insane. I dont understand how the tires dont break loose. This thing teleports. It is so controllable but sport bike fast. The only thing I am noticing about it is that is doesn't like small imperfections in the road i.e. most SoCal Highways. It gets nervous feeling. That is just a nitpick. Still really good. I got something coming to fix that.😉

It’s me again, the annoying guy dreaming about air suspension.... To those that have accepted delivery, can you please speak to the ride quality of the car? Is it overly rough? Or stiff in a sporty way? I have never driven the Performance...

Thanks Eddie for mentioning your thoughts!

Reactions: TBrownTX
It’s me again, the annoying guy dreaming about air suspension.... To those that have accepted delivery, can you please speak to the ride quality of the car? Is it overly rough? Or stiff in a sporty way? I have never driven the Performance...

Thanks Eddie for mentioning your thoughts!
Sporty is definitely how I'd describe it. It's not "bangy" like overly taught suspensions, but you can feel the road under the car. Very little body roll in corners. Feels good going down the road. I REALLY like it.

Tim

Sporty is definitely how I'd describe it. It's not "bangy" like overly taught suspensions, but you can feel the road under the car. Very little body roll in corners. Feels good going down the road. I REALLY like it.

Tim
That’s great to hear, thanks! Overall cabin/wind noise is good too? Hopefully we pass each other on the roads in Dallas, you’ve got a great spec.

That’s great to hear, thanks! Overall cabin/wind noise is good too? Hopefully we pass each other on the roads in Dallas, you’ve got a great spec.

Yes, I feel like the cabin/wind noise is good. Going down the freeway, its noticeable, but I think part of that is caused by the lack of engine/exhaust noise.

All you hear is the wind and tires, because that's all there is to hear. I notice I don't need to turn my radio up nearly as loud as my last car to hear the music, and it's easier to talk on the phone.

I am coming out of a Cadillac, and those have a fair bit if insulation, so I'm going to say its better than I had expected overall.

What part of Dallas are you in? I'm in the DFW airport area.

Tim

In hindsight I was worried when I heard ppl complaining about wind and tire noise. Got caught up with all that. I guess it depends what your previous car was. I came from a hellcat and this is very quite to me. The cabin is far from church quite though. I wish it did make more sounds. I like when you stomp it and you hear some electrical motor sounds. Maybe in the future we will be able to pump some synthesized sounds into the cabin. I wouldn't do an exotic ICE sounds . Probably "The Jetsons" sound.