Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I picked mine up on Sunday. White/Black. Absolutely love it. Worth every penny and minute of waiting, for me personally.

I have a few little issues with a gap on the back left panel, hood and trunk are a touch misaligned, steering Is a touch off to the right and oddly a scratch on my windshield. Which they are taking care of all of this tomorrow when I drop it off. I just wonder how much of it is really necessary to fix. Sure the windshield and alignment, and the gap on the back left is pretty bad but an easy fix. I just wonder if I would have noticed any of this or if getting it fixed is only going to bring on more problems. Seems to be the case with my past vehicles and moving things around.

Either way. I’m happy with the car.

Is a 5mm gap between the roof and the trunk normal?

Attachments

• DBE9BBA8-2B07-4148-8FA2-7C11CABB6096.jpeg
    DBE9BBA8-2B07-4148-8FA2-7C11CABB6096.jpeg
    370.4 KB · Views: 113
Sounds like I'm getting my car back from PPF/tint/badge chrome delete/ceramic on Saturday @ 8am. Very excited to finally own this thing and bring it home!

@AAMC when you picking up yours?
27AFD592-9694-47B1-AD05-91BA1143F6EE.jpeg

I picked her up yesterday! Quality of work is excellent, and looks great! Just waiting on my wheels, then off to Gator for coilover installation. Glad you’re getting back yours soon! Mine was in there for a week because they squeezed me in earlier.

View attachment 650210
I picked her up yesterday! Quality of work is excellent, and looks great! Just waiting on my wheels, then off to Gator for coilover installation. Glad you’re getting back yours soon! Mine was in there for a week because they squeezed me in earlier.
Looks sharp. What all did you get done?

PS. Like your garage. A lot cleaner than mine, but I do have the same operator in case I too get a lift some day. For now I've only got my X (in other garage) and 3, but who knows what's next. My garage feels so big with the loaner Model 3 in it compared to the minivan.

IMG_7368.jpg

Reactions: AAMC
Looks sharp. What all did you get done?

PS. Like your garage. A lot cleaner than mine, but I do have the same operator in case I too get a lift some day. For now I've only got my X (in other garage) and 3, but who knows what's next. My garage feels so big with the loaner Model 3 in it compared to the minivan.

.View attachment 650238
Went with tint 20% sides, 30% full rear, paint correction/ceramic, and commuter PPF.

And thanks! I can't remember what my ceiling height is in the garage, but I had to get the door tracks redone to allow the door to open fully with the car raised on the lift. I tend to weave between sports cars and offroading, so have kept different vehicles on the lift. I’m in the off-roading phase now, so I have a Rubicon, a built 80 series Toyota Landcruiser, and another pristine stock 80 series (prices are ridiculous right now) that is a garage queen. I decided I wanted to go fast again, so I decided to try out the EV thing. Definitely faster than my old AMG C63s Cabrio.
54446EA9-F7A5-4C35-84E1-F3275C7FA096.jpeg
CDDB3520-4CEC-46F7-956B-8F1EA81055E8.jpeg
E51E8F4D-FFC7-4BBE-AE55-38685717C123.jpeg

Delivery was a disaster - not a great start to a relationship with Tesla, but after a very long day my Red/Black Model 3 performance arrived! So far I love it. Gaps are all good. Paint looks amazing. Only issue so far is the driver's door is tough to close so I will likely get that adjusted when my Homelink arrives.

PPF and ceramic coating going on next week. Maybe will have some better pictures after that. It was dark when I got home.

Attachments

• PXL_20210401_001818101.jpg
    PXL_20210401_001818101.jpg
    400.5 KB · Views: 68
  • PXL_20210401_001803501.jpg
    PXL_20210401_001803501.jpg
    358.3 KB · Views: 84
Reactions: Socalcommuter
Delivery was a disaster - not a great start to a relationship with Tesla, but after a very long day my Red/Black Model 3 performance arrived! So far I love it. Gaps are all good. Paint looks amazing. Only issue so far is the driver's door is tough to close so I will likely get that adjusted when my Homelink arrives.

PPF and ceramic coating going on next week. Maybe will have some better pictures after that. It was dark when I got home.
Mind telling what happened since all the panels and paint were good but delivery still sucked? Also if the driver door is aligned correctly but just harder to close it should loosen up on its own. A bunch of us had that.

You got the right colors (mine the same). Many congrats.

My delivery was a bit weird. I noticed when I arrived several people walking around the parking area and that area was pretty full of old and new Tesla cars.

I notice one tall guy walking around the lot looking frustrated. He was well dressed and got out of an S car.

So my wife and I go inside because we don't see our new car (they said when we arrive it will parked in front with our names on the display).

So we go inside and look for someone to talk to and the tall guy walks in the reception / showroom area and yells out to an employee - "Where are the Superchargers!!". A Tesla employee says to him "we don't have Superchargers here, but you can use our regular chargers" out in the parking lot. He is dumbfounded and says in a loud voice "I can't believe a Tesla facility does not have Superchargers ..... WTF".

This was a newer Tesla location near West Palm Beach, Florida near both I95 and the Turnpike (tollway). I think a lot of the people walking around the parking lot were there to find a charge, some trying to pick-up their new car, some a test drive and some for service.

After dealing with three different busy and distracted Tesla employees(and waiting about an hour), we finally got our car and it is a rocket. But my wife thinks that Tesla location is a place of chaos.

Cheers,

Snade

Last edited:
Mind telling what happened since all the panels and paint were good but delivery still sucked? Also if the driver door is aligned correctly but just harder to close it should loosen up on its own. A bunch of us had that.
I live 2.5 hours away from the delivery center. My appt was at 11am on Wed. I was pulling into the parking lot at 10:30am when my phone rang, letting me know the car hadn't actually been delivered yet, and the truck was a couple of hours delayed. Annoyed, but facing a 5 hour round trip to go home, I stuck it out. Car didn't show up until 6pm. So I didn't take delivery until 7pm. Due to Covid I couldn't do anything while I waited so I had to sit in my car that I was trading the entire day.

I knew it was the last day of the quarter so they really wanted me to take delivery that day. Rather than tell me the night before (when they called me about some paperwork) letting me know my car hadn't yet been delivered, they just gambled it would make it on time. It did not. It was not the best day of my life even though it should have been a pretty exciting day.

An auspicious start to the Tesla relationship. Hoping it improves from here. The car is great though.

You got the right colors (mine the same). Many congrats.

My delivery was a bit weird. I noticed when I arrived several people walking around the parking area and that area was pretty full of old and new Tesla cars.

I notice one tall guy walking around the lot looking frustrated. He was well dressed and got out of an S car.

So my wife and I go inside because we don't see our new car (they said when we arrive it will parked in front with our names on the display).

So we go inside and look for someone to talk to and the tall guy walks in the reception / showroom area and yells out to an employee - "Where are the Superchargers!!". A Tesla employee says to him "we don't have Superchargers here, but you can use our regular chargers" out in the parking lot. He is dumbfounded and says in a loud voice "I can't believe a Tesla facility does not have Superchargers ..... WTF".

This was a newer Tesla location near West Palm Beach, Florida near both I95 and the Turnpike (tollway). I think a lot of the people walking around the parking lot were there to find a charge, some trying to pick-up their new car, some a test drive and some for service.

After dealing with three different busy and distracted Tesla employees(and waiting about an hour), we finally got our car and it is a rocket. But my wife thinks that Tesla location is a place of chaos.

Cheers,

Snade
Yes I LOVE the red and black. Wow. In the sun the red really pops. I ordered sight unseen so it was a bit of a gamble but obviously I love the color combo!

Also good to know about the door - I'll see how it does. Feels like the striker was adjusted to align the panels which pulls the door up right at the end though. I ordered the homelink so once it arrives if I still feel it's a bit of an issue I'll mention it to the tech when he is installing that. It's not terrible though and the panel gaps are about perfect so I don't know if I would mess with it anyway.

I live 2.5 hours away from the delivery center. My appt was at 11am on Wed. I was pulling into the parking lot at 10:30am when my phone rang, letting me know the car hadn't actually been delivered yet, and the truck was a couple of hours delayed. Annoyed, but facing a 5 hour round trip to go home, I stuck it out. Car didn't show up until 6pm. So I didn't take delivery until 7pm. Due to Covid I couldn't do anything while I waited so I had to sit in my car that I was trading the entire day.

I knew it was the last day of the quarter so they really wanted me to take delivery that day. Rather than tell me the night before (when they called me about some paperwork) letting me know my car hadn't yet been delivered, they just gambled it would make it on time. It did not. It was not the best day of my life even though it should have been a pretty exciting day.

An auspicious start to the Tesla relationship. Hoping it improves from here. The car is great though.

Yeah, drove 3 hours for mine and would have been SEVERELY annoyed if the car wasn't actually there when I arrived. Luckily my service center wouldn't let me schedule the appointment for a time before they had the car.