Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No problem... if you can’t access my order right now because you’re assigning a VIN to it* 🤣🤣🤣

*disclaimer: the preceding was a joke
66BF5904-2257-4B09-965F-689F422F1227.jpeg

Ordered 04/23/2021, M3 LR white on black interior(nothing special, I think). It says “between June”… but before I had another order from 04/06/2021 and it says “between May”. There is no estimated delivery for me hahaha. Curious, at least.

Ah the old stomping ground thread. Guys... being in this thread sucks. Refreshing your Tesla account again and again sucks.

but then, the day comes... and the car does NOT suck.

This thing is flat out amazing. Just filthy. So fast. Handles great. I cannot be happier.

Things to keep you busy:

1) Accessory shopping. Top of the list should be vinyls to suit your taste (if you want the center console or similar to look different). Dash replacement or wrap if you hate the wood. Center console tray etc. Go nuts.

2) Wheels and tires. This depends greatly on your tastes and needs. But if you live in the North (like I do) then all-seasons or a dedicated winter set should be on the top of your list. Model 3 performance rim fitting is a bit convoluted. You need something that fits direct (there are some options like this) or you need spacers and hub centric rings (I went this route). BE AWARE: bad potholes murder the stock PZEROs. I actually ruined 3 tires in the first week of ownership just driving on the highways around NYC (2 bubbled sidewalls and a real blowout). I went to 19s with 245/40/19 pilot sport allseason 4s and have gone 4 weeks now without a single issue despite the same roads and hitting a pothole here and there.

3) Wrap and tinting inquiries if you are inclined. Check local tinting laws. Wrap if you want (I loved my MSM and decided not to wrap after seeing it in person), but PPF and ceramic coatings are considerations too if you are so inclined.

4) Charging. Figure out your commute and needs. Maybe get that level 2 done before delivery (I installed a 240V on the side of my house before the car arrived. Works awesome)

Try to stay chill. The wait sucks. But it’s worth it. Welcome to the club!

9D593614-ABBA-4014-A44F-C59484F0B07B.jpeg
BACBB056-6C52-42BD-BD7F-8E6CFF7C21F0.jpeg
30CD7194-0C4E-4115-873B-AF10CEA06C92.jpeg
C2272877-09E4-4AE5-B287-6F5B04B981E3.jpeg
899AD0A4-361E-4B7A-A93A-239B56CA573E.jpeg

Ah the old stomping ground thread. Guys... being in this thread sucks. Refreshing your Tesla account again and again sucks.

but then, the day comes... and the car does NOT suck.

This thing is flat out amazing. Just filthy. So fast. Handles great. I cannot be happier.

Things to keep you busy:

1) Accessory shopping. Top of the list should be vinyls to suit your taste (if you want the center console or similar to look different). Dash replacement or wrap if you hate the wood. Center console tray etc. Go nuts.

2) Wheels and tires. This depends greatly on your tastes and needs. But if you live in the North (like I do) then all-seasons or a dedicated winter set should be on the top of your list. Model 3 performance rim fitting is a bit convoluted. You need something that fits direct (there are some options like this) or you need spacers and hub centric rings (I went this route). BE AWARE: bad potholes murder the stock PZEROs. I actually ruined 3 tires in the first week of ownership just driving on the highways around NYC (2 bubbled sidewalls and a real blowout). I went to 19s with 245/40/19 pilot sport allseason 4s and have gone 4 weeks now without a single issue despite the same roads and hitting a pothole here and there.

3) Wrap and tinting inquiries if you are inclined. Check local tinting laws. Wrap if you want (I loved my MSM and decided not to wrap after seeing it in person), but PPF and ceramic coatings are considerations too if you are so inclined.

4) Charging. Figure out your commute and needs. Maybe get that level 2 done before delivery (I installed a 240V on the side of my house before the car arrived. Works awesome)

Try to stay chill. The wait sucks. But it’s worth it. Welcome to the club!

View attachment 658262View attachment 658263View attachment 658264View attachment 658265View attachment 658266
That dashboard wrap looks awesome!

Reactions: Mahamilto
No wrap here... RPMTesla Carbon Fiber Dash Replacement. Expensive, but 100% worth it in my opinion. They send you a complete new dash, install takes 10 mins, you ship it back to them. The read deal; real matte carbon fiber. Figured on a nearly 60k car it was worth doing the dash right and doing it once.

The console and steering wheel wraps are vinyl; I went with abstract ocean and am very happy.

Reactions: TBrownTX
No wrap here... RPMTesla Carbon Fiber Dash Replacement. Expensive, but 100% worth it in my opinion. They send you a complete new dash, install takes 10 mins, you ship it back to them. The read deal; real matte carbon fiber. Figured on a nearly 60k car it was worth doing the dash right and doing it once.

The console and steering wheel wraps are vinyl; I went with abstract ocean and am very happy.
Thanks for the information. I’ll definitely look into it.

Looks great and I agree on the MSM being the color of choice!

I agree on the wood, just trying to justify the coin to go with the matte CF cover. I want it but just ruined a tire (thank you Mr. drywall screw, ARGGGHHH!!) that took the money I could spend on the cover.

I've had my M3P for about six weeks - red / black. Love the car.

I wasn't sure about the wood trim on the dash, but I like it more and more as I own and drive the car. You need the contrast of the wood with the black interior. I find the carbon fiber replacements lack the contrast and cool vibe of the wood. The CF looks boring to my eye.

Forums like this are dominated by guys that like to mod their cars. I would drive your new, cool car for a few months before doing any significant mod to it. With a little time, we come to know what we like.

My two cents.

Snade

Reactions: travis3000
Looks great and I agree on the MSM being the color of choice!

I agree on the wood, just trying to justify the coin to go with the matte CF cover. I want it but just ruined a tire (thank you Mr. drywall screw, ARGGGHHH!!) that took the money I could spend on the cover.
If you do go CF, I highly recommend a full dash replacement over the cap. The replacement fit is perfect; I’ve heard stories of the caps lifting up or not sitting dead flush.

The irony is that, after the core refund, the entire snap in dash is the same price as the caps... and you don’t have to deal with fitting and adhesive.

Reactions: Lashlee
If you do go CF, I highly recommend a full dash replacement over the cap. The replacement fit is perfect; I’ve heard stories of the caps lifting up or not sitting dead flush.

The irony is that, after the core refund, the entire snap in dash is the same price as the caps... and you don’t have to deal with fitting and adhesive.
I certainly will do a replacement piece over the cap (sorry for the confusion). Right now my focus is on the stereo (sorry, long time SQ competitor). I already have 8 rolls of deadener going in once I get some time off from work.

I too was once in here back in November and December. Agree with Mahamilto, it sucks with anticipation but this car doesn't disappoint! I wanted to offer a few things I also feel are must have investments. One, if you have nasty winters I cannot stress enough to remove the Pirelli P-Zeros (which are god awful), but more on that in a minute) and replace it with a great winter tire. I went with Nokian's Hakkapeliitta R3 Nokian Hakkas and they are magical. They eat ice for breakfast and have that performance that the M3P needs. Discount Tire will do a seasonal tire change for free. I recommend removing the 235/35/20 Pirelli PZeros and instead of dropping cash on wheels, drop cash on something more important. 245/35/20 Michelin Pilot Sport 4S. Read the reviews from other Tesla owners here. Michelin PS4S I cannot emphasize this enough, it made my 21 M3P drive so much better! The PZeros got a bubble in them the first 500 miles in the sidewall. Tesla won't cover it, have to take it up with Pirelli. Not enough sidewall on the 235's and the 245s give it a much better profile and protection, plus a better ride! Enough on tires.

I also highly recommend a paint protection film on the front and side mirrors. Already in the early months of spring with bugs and road debris and I'm overjoyed that I have this protecting the big exposed front end. XPEL PPF Easy to clean and wipe off and much easier and cost-effective to install than repainting later, since paint doesn't always match perfectly. The cost for the XPEL PPF for the front bumper, headlights and side mirrors was approximately $600.

The carpets get nasty, just look at Mahamilto front driver's side photo. :oops: Order the Tesla All Weather Mats. Absolutely love them! Pull out, shake out and replace! And they look like a million bucks. The carpet was always moving around on me. Tesla All Weather Mats

Lastly, keep checking in with your SA, I did and I lucked out by getting one early that was set to be a demo. Had to pay an extra grand for the white interior but so glad I did. The white on white is stunning and they stay incredibly clean somehow. Spilled a bottle of Gatorade, wiped it right off. Enjoy your car ladies and gents! It's so much fun you'll never have anything else.

PICTURES BELOW SHOW HAKKAS ON THE CAR FOR WINTER. THE MICHELIN PS 4S, XPEL PPF (CAN'T EVEN NOTICE ITS ON) AND HOW I STORE THE WINTER TIRES.

Attachments

• Hakkas.jpg.jpg
    Hakkas.jpg.jpg
    280.4 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_3758.jpg
    IMG_3758.jpg
    371.8 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_3759.jpg
    IMG_3759.jpg
    312.3 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_3760.jpg
    IMG_3760.jpg
    554.4 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_3761[12609].jpg
    IMG_3761[12609].jpg
    309.6 KB · Views: 67
Reactions: TBrownTX
Lol. He’s not wrong about the carpets. My TeslaShield Mats are en route as we speak. Just waiting till they are here to vacuum.

And again. The PZEROS were garbage for me. 2 bubbles and a blow out in 700 miles. Literally ruined 3/4 of the tires in my first week. I went all season route and the new pilot sport AS4 is a fantastic tire. 245/40/19 and my grip is 95% of the summer pzero with the added benefit of never changing tires again. We all assume that the change to PZEROs was cost driven, but unfortunate to say the least. The PS4 summer tire has a bigger contact patch in the same size (check tire rake. It’s shocking) and while the 20s still have limited sidewall for potholes, people are reporting worse issues with the PZEROS.