Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That all depends. I have seen the price go both ways. It's a bit of a gamble. There was a price drop right before we ordered our Model Y, which helped nudge me to pull the trigger. On the flip side, when I bought my S there was a price drop right after I took delivery. It can go either way, but at least by ordering closer to the end of the quarter the period of uncertainty is shorter.
It's not a gamble. Well, it's a gamble if you hold off ordering: when it goes down, Tesla honors the new price and when it goes up, they freeze it for you. Preordering ASAP is always the best option. It can be a bad option if you do not put your order on hold and you can't take delivery when Tesla is ready to deliver - which can cost delivery fees penalities.

1621386301382.png

oof... Gut punch this morning. They just moved out my date to 6/14-6/30. Ordered April 5th and had a 5/14- 5/29 date to start. Need more people in New England to order to get a shipment this way or something.
I have the CT on order and was thinking I would only have the M3P for a year or so until that arrives. I think I'm in the low 200K range for reservations. Guessing I'll prolly have the 3 for a few years if this backlog keeps piling up for all cars.
I am not a patient person... looks like some forced growth is in my future. SERENITY NOW! :D

Reactions: Jason1652
Ordered a black/black M3P on 5/8 (during Elon's SNL performance) Had pretty solid estimated date ever since, it flipped to "5-8 weeks after order date" for about a day. Been holding pretty solid at 6/10 - 6:30.

You will all get your cars last 2w of of the quarter. This is when the performances roll off the line. Look back 60 pages or so.
Yes yes, we get it... you've been through this before, and everything always happens the same way, and you know better than everyone else... We don't have to go back 60 pages because someone says this same thing on every page or two... we get it... but we're in it now and hypothesizing, commiserating, analyzing, and discussing are all ways to distract ourselves while we wait for the eventual day that we receive our cars.

Unless you are a Tesla employee acting in an official capacity, your theory is just as valid as any other data based theory that has been offered in these forums, and just because something happened a certain way 1, 3, or 20 times before doesn't mean that there are no changes in circumstance that could effect how it happens this time.

Continuing to repeat this same theory (or fact as you believe it to be) over and over again is frankly coming across as condescending. Let people enjoy their distractions in peace.

Reactions: Jason1652
Yes yes, we get it... you've been through this before, and everything always happens the same way, and you know better than everyone else... We don't have to go back 60 pages because someone says this same thing on every page or two... we get it... but we're in it now and hypothesizing, commiserating, analyzing, and discussing are all ways to distract ourselves while we wait for the eventual day that we receive our cars.

Unless you are a Tesla employee acting in an official capacity, your theory is just as valid as any other data based theory that has been offered in these forums, and just because something happened a certain way 1, 3, or 20 times before doesn't mean that there are no changes in circumstance that could effect how it happens this time.

Continuing to repeat this same theory (or fact as you believe it to be) over and over again is frankly coming across as condescending. Let people enjoy their distractions in peace.
Also if you go back 60 pages you will see that a lot of people received his VINs on Feb 17 - Feb 20, so this "last 2weeks of the quarter" is not 100% sure.

Also if you go back 60 pages you will see that a lot of people received his VINs on Feb 17 - Feb 20, so this "last 2weeks of the quarter" is not 100% sure.
Based on the master spreadsheet this statement is false. Most got it in the first week of march. On avg you get your vin 12 days before delivery and it’s typically 6 or 14. With the bulk of the deliveries taking place in the last 3 weeks of march. The exceptions/outliers are non US/Canada destination

You will all get your cars last 2w of of the quarter. This is when the performances roll off the line. Look back 60 pages or so.
I’m all for efficient manufacturing but clearing out backlog end of quarter is not efficient. It’s a red flag for anyone that works in manufacturing. You want to have a level load to prevent hockey sticks. OT push, expedite fees for vendors, and increased shipping costs are very costly. Not to mention it puts off your customers that are waiting. They really don’t have to worry now with so much demand but the ICE manufacturers are getting better. Next couple years they need to have cars on lots or most will go to competition. Instant gratification generation won’t wait.

Just for the fun of it... (based on spreadsheet data)

QuarterVIN in first monthVIN in 2nd monthVIN in 3rd month
2020Q141220
2020Q2032
2020Q3294
2020Q41515
2021Q101050
Segmenting by region would be good too. And I think you kinda need to filter for old order dates (for which we don't know if there isn't things like changes in order/placing on hold/refused delivery/etc. That still strongly suggests that no VINs will be coming out until the first few days of June and that they are not late yet by any means.

Segmenting by region would be good too. And I think you kinda need to filter for old order dates (for which we don't know if there isn't things like changes in order/placing on hold/refused delivery/etc. That still strongly suggests that no VINs will be coming out until the first few days of June and that they are not late yet by any means.
There are certainly many more ways to slice and dice the data, but I get paid a lot more to do that at work than I do here 😜
My main point was, it has not "always been" that the Performances come out in the last two weeks and that it is not the end all be all definitive way of things.

Reactions: sroy
I’m all for efficient manufacturing but clearing out backlog end of quarter is not efficient. It’s a red flag for anyone that works in manufacturing. You want to have a level load to prevent hockey sticks. OT push, expedite fees for vendors, and increased shipping costs are very costly. Not to mention it puts off your customers that are waiting. They really don’t have to worry now with so much demand but the ICE manufacturers are getting better. Next couple years they need to have cars on lots or most will go to competition. Instant gratification generation won’t wait.
This is NOT what they do. This is what happens on the delivery side, not the manufacturing side.

Reactions: Mahamilto