Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm in the same boat as you Pip86. I have an Audi that Carmax and an Audi dealer want to buy this week, they gave me their offers but now I'm thinking I need to hold on to my Audi and once I know my M3P is feet on the ground ready for me to pick it up I can revisit selling my Audi, of course the offers I'm positive won't be the same.:(

I'm in the same boat as you Pip86. I have an Audi that Carmax and an Audi dealer want to buy this week, they gave me their offers but now I'm thinking I need to hold on to my Audi and once I know my M3P is feet on the ground ready for me to pick it up I can revisit selling my Audi, of course the offers I'm positive won't be the same.:(
FYI- I originally was going to sell my 2020 Camry lease to Carvana or back to my Toyota dealer and chose not to include the car as a trade in when I ordered my M3P. With the date sliding around I used the Tesla website to get the trade-in value and it was within a couple hundred bucks of the Carvana quote. Called my SA and he went into my account to unlock the ability to add the trade in to my order. Took a few pics and uploaded and was done in an hour. It didn’t change my place in line or change my date but I’d confirm with you SA seeing it’s closer to delivery. I was stressing about the timing but this makes things super simple and now I don’t need to arrange a ride to delivery day.

Traditionally, California "performance" models deliver later/last at the end of the quarter. YMMV.
In the Corte Madera delivery center they’ve had quite a number of 3s and Ys the past 2 weeks or so. As of this weekend there were even M3Ps as well. In fact I saw an MSM on white just like the one I ordered yet my delivery date still shows 18-22 weeks

Reactions: Wood1030
In the Corte Madera delivery center they’ve had quite a number of 3s and Ys the past 2 weeks or so. As of this weekend there were even M3Ps as well. In fact I saw an MSM on white just like the one I ordered yet my delivery date still shows 18-22 weeks
OMG! 😳 18-22 weeks?!? That seems like excessive torture. When did you order, 15 weeks in the future? Or are you in Antarctica or some far away land?
I ordered on 5-21 (in California) and got an EDD of 4-7 weeks (although those dates are constantly changing). Also, I ordered an M3P in MSM but w/ black int.

OMG! 😳 18-22 weeks?!? That seems like excessive torture. When did you order, 15 weeks in the future? Or are you in Antarctica or some far away land?
I ordered on 5-21 (in California) and got an EDD of 4-7 weeks (although those dates are constantly changing). Also, I ordered an M3P in MSM but w/ black int.
Don’t get me started but yeah I thought exactly the same thing. Ordered 4/8. Up until last week it was always may or June. Moved around a lot but always in those 2 months. The tightest date I got was the 20-30th of may or something like that but right around end of may. Then the new 18-22 weeks. I called and asked about it and they said to disregard so hopefully it’s a bug. All I know is that the cars are definitely coming because I can literally see them on the lot. Just drove by and there’s even more now in Corte Madera. It’s about 2/3 full.

Reactions: Wood1030
Don’t get me started but yeah I thought exactly the same thing. Ordered 4/8. Up until last week it was always may or June. Moved around a lot but always in those 2 months. The tightest date I got was the 20-30th of may or something like that but right around end of may. Then the new 18-22 weeks. I called and asked about it and they said to disregard so hopefully it’s a bug. All I know is that the cars are definitely coming because I can literally see them on the lot. Just drove by and there’s even more now in Corte Madera. It’s about 2/3 full.
That's insane! It has to be a bug. I've been getting similar date ranges as you are now...latest is 6-19 to 6-30, but the ranges for me have always ended @ 6-30 and it's only been just over a week since order. I'm sure yours will show up soon. Though it seems that everyone that's ordered, since March, are now getting either their VINs or actual delivery dates. End of Q2 order are starting to pile in so yours should be very soon, maybe even one of the ones you've seen already in the lot. 😎

Good luck 👍🏽

That's insane! It has to be a bug. I've been getting similar date ranges as you are now...latest is 6-19 to 6-30, but the ranges for me have always ended @ 6-30 and it's only been just over a week since order. I'm sure yours will show up soon. Though it seems that everyone that's ordered, since March, are now getting either their VINs or actual delivery dates. End of Q2 order are starting to pile in so yours should be very soon, maybe even one of the ones you've seen already in the lot. 😎

Good luck 👍🏽
Ordered 3/30
No vin lol

Ordered 3/15, got my VIN today and updated my insurance, delivery appointment was reserved yesterday for next Monday (6/7)
M3P
Before last Friday, my delivery dates kept changing all the time, until that day where it settled for May 31st to June 6th (and actually it will by June 7th since this is the earliest the web site allowed me to pick...)

Today I unmatched my VIN 975585 Blue/White Houston because my trade in value dropped. Carmax is $33,200 and Tesla $29,700. I sent them the Carmax and they said well sell it to Carmax but then I need to pay 6.25% tax on the entire purchase costing me $2,000 more. So if anyone ordered a blue/white M3P in Texas you might be getting a VIN soon.

I really want that car but the low ball the trade so bad it’s hard to make it work. I’m putting on hold for a couple of months to get my financing better.

Today I unmatched my VIN 975585 Blue/White Houston because my trade in value dropped. Carmax is $33,200 and Tesla $29,700. I sent them the Carmax and they said well sell it to Carmax but then I need to pay 6.25% tax on the entire purchase costing me $2,000 more. So if anyone ordered a blue/white M3P in Texas you might be getting a VIN soon.

I really want that car but the low ball the trade so bad it’s hard to make it work. I’m putting on hold for a couple of months to get my financing better.

What were you trading in, did they have to re-eval? How many miles did you put on since the last eval (assuming 30 days ago)

What were you trading in, did they have to re-eval? How many miles did you put on since the last eval (assuming 30 days ago)
Cadillac XT4, wasn’t a reevaluation I just waited to put the trade in after I got a VIN. I was expecting them to be close to Carmax value but they missed it by $3,500. I figured they would be within 5% of Carmax. I don’t understand why they don’t give me the Carmax price or close to it know they can just unload it to Carmax. Carvana was $32,700, Carmax $33,200, Tesla $29,700.

Cadillac XT4, wasn’t a reevaluation I just waited to put the trade in after I got a VIN. I was expecting them to be close to Carmax value but they missed it by $3,500. I figured they would be within 5% of Carmax. I don’t understand why they don’t give me the Carmax price or close to it know they can just unload it to Carmax. Carvana was $32,700, Carmax $33,200, Tesla $29,700.
Tesla isn't in the business of flipping used cars, and they figure their trouble is worth $3000. In the end, someone else will buy the M3P you ordered, so they don't lose anything. It's not great customer service, but when the demand for your product exceeds supply, you can get away with it.

Yeah I know someone else will get that car this week so no loss for Tesla. They also really help the state of Texas tax revenue getting tax on full sales price instead of trade difference.
I’ll wind up getting one just going to need more time to sort it out. So for now anyone looking for a blue/white M3P in Texas you just moved to the top of the list.

Last edited: