Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just called the Tesla Natick SA and they tracked my car and said it is on a train near Chicago. The system shows it should arrive at the Paramus delivery center in NJ on June 7th. I was told to expect the delivery center to reach out to schedule delivery ~24hrs prior to the car arriving and likely will be able to schedule pickup date range June 8-10th. If all that falls into place I should be getting a text Sunday.

My EDD on the site says June 4-10 still and has not moved since I got my VIN on 5/29.

My assumption is that train has a bunch of the northeast M3P's on it and you folks in Ma will get VIN/Dates soon. Not sure if the train keeps going to Ma or they get put on a car carrier from Jersey?

Being assigned a vin and seeing performance models at a dealership are two different things. Those receiving a P model this week may have ordered quite some time ago (I’m guessing March).
Not sure what your point is… you didn’t ask about people who ordered in a specific month, you asked if people had received VINs because you didn’t see many on the spreadsheet.

regardless of order date, the people getting those performances on the lot have gotten VINs.

And yes, I’m a March performance order, and I’m still waiting on my vin.

Welcome to the family! New member myself. 🙌🏼

I ordered the same config. on 5/21 (in So Cal). From the anecdotal info I've seen here, orders for M3's ordered this week might get pushed to next quarter, since all q2 orders are sold out. Don't quote me on that but I haven't heard of anyone that's placed an order in the last few days get an EDD for June (end of q2). My EDD, as of the last few days, is 6-19 to 6-30. Good luck.
Thanks! I remember reading that Tesla was sold out for the quarter for 3/Ys a few weeks ago so wasn't even registering that June was an option. I can't imagine that it will take longer than the MSLR has been taking...famous last words though. Maybe you will get yours a week or so before I get mine and you can tell me how sweet it is. Here's hoping for something early July

Reactions: Wood1030
Not sure what your point is… you didn’t ask about people who ordered in a specific month, you asked if people had received VINs because you didn’t see many on the spreadsheet.

regardless of order date, the people getting those performances on the lot have gotten VINs.

And yes, I’m a March performance order, and I’m still waiting on my vin.
You're going to get a lot of people who just placed an order for a M3P excited about getting a vin for no reason. Especially if they're in "close" proximity to Fremont.

I wonder if March+ order dates will get produced after Q2 due to supply issues. I definitely hope not...

You're going to get a lot of people who just placed an order for a M3P excited about getting a vin for no reason. Especially if they're in "close" proximity to Fremont.

I wonder if March+ order dates will get produced after Q2 due to supply issues. I definitely hope not...
Seriously…?

you asked a simple question, I gave an honest (and simple) answer.

I’m not going to lie about reality in order to manage some people’s expectations.

Hi all! I ordered my white w/ white interior Performance in April. The only bone I've been thrown so far is an email inviting me to my "Tesla Virtual Orientation - NJ/PA/DE". Definitely making me nervous that there have been no Performance VINs assigned because we will be needing a second car daily starting in July.

Thanks! I remember reading that Tesla was sold out for the quarter for 3/Ys a few weeks ago so wasn't even registering that June was an option. I can't imagine that it will take longer than the MSLR has been taking...famous last words though. Maybe you will get yours a week or so before I get mine and you can tell me how sweet it is. Here's hoping for something early July
Yeah, one of the first things you learn waiting for Tesla delivery info is, keep your expectations low and that way you likely won’t be too disappointed to learn that things will always take longer than you anticipated. 😄

Just called the Tesla Natick SA and they tracked my car and said it is on a train near Chicago. The system shows it should arrive at the Paramus delivery center in NJ on June 7th. I was told to expect the delivery center to reach out to schedule delivery ~24hrs prior to the car arriving and likely will be able to schedule pickup date range June 8-10th. If all that falls into place I should be getting a text Sunday.

My EDD on the site says June 4-10 still and has not moved since I got my VIN on 5/29.

My assumption is that train has a bunch of the northeast M3P's on it and you folks in Ma will get VIN/Dates soon. Not sure if the train keeps going to Ma or they get put on a car carrier from Jersey?
The Natick SA told me that the train actually goes to Chicago then it's trucked from there to east coast locations.

Reactions: Doge-1
lol you wake up on the wrong side of bed today?

Your M3P is coming, chill out.
Lol... you said, "On the order sheet, almost no Performance have been assigned vins, anywhere."
In fact, 24% of all Performance orders this quarter on the order sheet have VINs.

I simply pointed out that there are a number of Performance orders with VINs and that I had physically seen several performance models on the lot ready for delivery.

You then said, "Being assigned a vin and seeing performance models at a dealership are two different things. Those receiving a P model this week may have ordered quite some time ago (I’m guessing March)." -- But they are in fact, not two different things. Your initial comment wasn't about orders placed in any specific timeframe, so someone ordering "quite some time ago" is irrelevant to your statement that I was responding to.

Then you came back with, "You're going to get a lot of people who just placed an order for a M3P excited about getting a vin for no reason." -- In fact I'm simply reporting the facts that are relevant to the statement you made. 24% of all Performance orders reported to the order sheet have VINs reported, and I have personally seen several performance models on the lot ready for delivery.

Sorry that the facts don't fit your narrative 🤷

Lol... you said, "On the order sheet, almost no Performance have been assigned vins, anywhere."
In fact, 24% of all Performance orders this quarter on the order sheet have VINs.

I simply pointed out that there are a number of Performance orders with VINs and that I had physically seen several performance models on the lot ready for delivery.

You then said, "Being assigned a vin and seeing performance models at a dealership are two different things. Those receiving a P model this week may have ordered quite some time ago (I’m guessing March)." -- But they are in fact, not two different things. Your initial comment wasn't about orders placed in any specific timeframe, so someone ordering "quite some time ago" is irrelevant to your statement that I was responding to.

Then you came back with, "You're going to get a lot of people who just placed an order for a M3P excited about getting a vin for no reason." -- In fact I'm simply reporting the facts that are relevant to the statement you made. 24% of all Performance orders reported to the order sheet have VINs reported, and I have personally seen several performance models on the lot ready for delivery.

Sorry that the facts don't fit your narrative 🤷
Oof, a logic whore. Let's not get sidetracked anymore, our cars are almost here.

Wow, so you got your VIN and delivery, I'm surprised they're so spread apart. You're Dedham too right? Was 15th the earliest in your time window?
My SA Scheduled the date once he found out I had a VIN, and sent me an email. In my phonecall with him - he suggested the ETA for the car to arrive at the site is 11th and they need some time to prep and do paper work so he scheduled it to the 15th. He said he will shift it sooner if everything happens earlier.

Reactions: Doge-1