Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I ordered my car on 5/16, was assigned a VIN (981,1xx) on 5/30, and took delivery yesterday on 6/1. Deep Blue Metallic, Black Interior, No FSD. I picked it up at the new Tesla Vallejo location. Unlike my previous 2 Teslas, this car had -zero- notable defects. Panel gaps are consistent, door, hood, trunk alignment is all perfect, paint is pristine, all weatherstripping and glass looks good. I have used the radar-less AP a few times, and it works perfectly fine in our typical Bay Area summertime weather in my limited experience. This is the most satisfied I have ever been upon delivery of a Tesla.

So I ordered my car on 5/16, was assigned a VIN (981,1xx) on 5/30, and took delivery yesterday on 6/1. Deep Blue Metallic, Black Interior, No FSD. I picked it up at the new Tesla Vallejo location. Unlike my previous 2 Teslas, this car had -zero- notable defects. Panel gaps are consistent, door, hood, trunk alignment is all perfect, paint is pristine, all weatherstripping and glass looks good. I have used the radar-less AP a few times, and it works perfectly fine in our typical Bay Area summertime weather in my limited experience. This is the most satisfied I have ever been upon delivery of a Tesla.
That’s a pretty impressive turn-around, from order to delivery. Did you also get the lumbar-less passenger seat model? Curious when your production model was.

That’s a pretty impressive turn-around, from order to delivery. Did you also get the lumbar-less passenger seat model? Curious when your production model was.

Yes, I was pleasantly surprised by how quickly it was available for delivery. I was expecting late-June. I can also confirm that it does *not* have passenger-side lumbar adjustment. I don't think I have ever adjusted that as a passenger in the past anyway... Manufacturing date on the door frame label is 05/2021.

Reactions: Wood1030
Which version was it? Is that a normal timeline for order to delivery? Seems bonkers fast!

Just called the Tesla Natick SA and they tracked my car and said it is on a train near Chicago. The system shows it should arrive at the Paramus delivery center in NJ on June 7th. I was told to expect the delivery center to reach out to schedule delivery ~24hrs prior to the car arriving and likely will be able to schedule pickup date range June 8-10th. If all that falls into place I should be getting a text Sunday.

My EDD on the site says June 4-10 still and has not moved since I got my VIN on 5/29.

My assumption is that train has a bunch of the northeast M3P's on it and you folks in Ma will get VIN/Dates soon. Not sure if the train keeps going to Ma or they get put on a car carrier from Jersey?
Boo! Maybe they'll just pull that car off the train in Chicago. :p

You have the exact build that I ordered, and I'm planning on picking my car up in Chicago.

But in all seriousness, congrats... I hope your delivery goes smoothly. And hopefully that means I’m not too far behind. 🤞

Reactions: Red Leader NH
New member here but I've been reading up here for the past month or so since ordering. Picking up from the Dedham, MA location and got my VIN this morning after accepting Tesla Vision. Nothing about payment or anything and I haven't heard from my "advisor" since the day after placing my order.

May 8 White/Black

Reactions: Doge-1
New member here but I've been reading up here for the past month or so since ordering. Picking up from the Dedham, MA location and got my VIN this morning after accepting Tesla Vision. Nothing about payment or anything and I haven't heard from my "advisor" since the day after placing my order.

May 8 White/Black
I wonder if there is some corelation between white and black interiors.

I've gone with the black intertior and have my VIN, @palletfork has his also, but @Anonymouskenny does not have his and he ordered on 5/2 with white interior.