Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah, if this new, scheduled EDD is closer to 11 weeks, that pushes us well into Q3. When I first ordered, the estimated delivery dates were 4-7 weeks. That was 2 weeks ago. Now, since we still have no VIN, I'm wondering if I should just go searching for a low milage, Demo model, since they are available in my area, if I'm still going to do an EV, summer road trip. 🤔

Yeah, if this new, scheduled EDD is closer to 11 weeks, that pushes us well into Q3. When I first ordered, the estimated delivery dates were 4-7 weeks. That was 2 weeks ago. Now, since we still have no VIN, I'm wondering if I should just go searching for a low milage, Demo model, since they are available in my area, if I'm still going to do an EV, summer road trip. 🤔

I just looked, and there are a bunch in LA. I'm somewhat tempted, but then again I feel like people really do the most in those demo cars. I think knowing the demo status would bother me, long-term.

• Informative
Reactions: Wood1030
I just looked, and there are a bunch in LA. I'm somewhat tempted, but then again I feel like people really do the most in those demo cars. I think knowing the demo status would bother me, long-term.
The last thing I want to do is bail on a new car to buy (at or near full MSRP) one that has been HAMMERED for a thousand miles, then get the call from my SA that my pristine new vehicle is on a truck/train from Fremont - and all because I panicked over an EDD date that winds up meaning nothing.

I’ll at least check with my SA first. If I’m pushed a quarter, I’ll make other plans.

Reactions: Doge-1 and Wood1030
When I took my test drive I was considering looking for a used one so I didn't have the wait... Minor scuffs and road chips on the front of my tester made the decision to buy new very easy. I am super particular and it would bother me too much. If you can overlook that stuff I say go for it but for me it was easier to wait for a "virgin" Tesla.

Nobody will drive my car ever unless it's in for service and then I'll be setting the valet mode with the lowest possible power and speed settings.

Reactions: Wood1030
When I took my test drive I was considering looking for a used one so I didn't have the wait... Minor scuffs and road chips on the front of my tester made the decision to buy new very easy. I am super particular and it would bother me too much. If you can overlook that stuff I say go for it but for me it was easier to wait for a "virgin" Tesla.

Nobody will drive my car ever unless it's in for service and then I'll be setting the valet mode with the lowest possible power and speed settings.
I took the whole allotted 30 minutes of time on my test drive, and I got my money’s worth.

Yes. You all make good points on reasons not to buy a demo model, although, the one I drove, in Torrance, Ca, was pristine and the exact config I was looking for, - FSD. on the other hand, nothing matches the feeling of being the 1st to put on mile one of a new car. Decisions, decisions. 🤔