Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
From what I've seen of the internal Tesla systems, my guess is he is just making up these terms to appease you.
The "hard vin" or "stamped" date is probably what is showing in his system as the Factory Gate Date, which changes basically daily from what I've seen of mine. The "soft vin" probably doesn't exist.
He did use Factory Gate Date term as well... saying that I have one showing the 9th... so I assume his "soft VIN" is FGD

Just got off the phone with my SA and he says he can "see" that I have a "soft VIN" assigned to a car that is slated to get a "hard VIN" or "stamped" around the 9th when it comes off the line.... has anyone heard of Tesla using these terms or did he just make them up to appease me?

I've never heard anything like that unless they're referring to "priority" matching as soft/hard VINs?

I'm also in this boat and the one call and email I've sent to Dedham aren't being returned. I've uploaded my insurance declarations insurance for my current cars but I don't know what the process is now. I gave my agent the VIN but she said she can't do anything until I've paid for the car.
Again - that's really strange.

The way it works in Massachusetts is that once you buy a car - you have to register it using an RMV-1 form. The RMV1 form needs to be stamped by your insurance provider and the insurance provider needs to be notified ahead of time that you're buying a car and what the VIN Number is.

The insurance provider will typically send a stamped RMV1 form to the dealer who you're buying the car from and use that to register in MA.

You have a few other options. If you're trading in a car, you can use your plates from the trade in and then call your insurance company, and in those cases it is okay to give your current car's insurance info. You have to do this within 7 days.

It's all new to me as well, even though I've gone through 4 cars in the last 6 years, I've had all this done by the dealer behind the scenes, and all I needed to do was call the insurance company and give them a VIN.

Pure speculation, but I feel like the 2-11 weeks is a cover so they can push out as many vehicles as possible by EOQ. From a logistics standpoint, shifting to 2-11 weeks gives flexibility to maximize that number. Sucks for the customer, but Tesla is operating under the correct assumption that demand will continue to outpace supply even if they piss off the customer. Helps to have the apex product

Pure speculation, but I feel like the 2-11 weeks is a cover so they can push out as many vehicles as possible by EOQ. From a logistics standpoint, shifting to 2-11 weeks gives flexibility to maximize that number. Sucks for the customer, but Tesla is operating under the correct assumption that demand will continue to outpace supply even if they piss off the customer. Helps to have the apex product
Yeah definitely not a customer-focused company, they don’t even pretend to be.

“Sucks for the customer” matters not to them, as long as the orders keep coming in. At least they’re focused on getting cars delivered.

My SA has been unresponsive today. Just got off the phone with my local Tesla location (Portland, OR). I asked them about the 2-11 week status that we are seeing. The guy I talked to actually said that he ordered his a week or two before me and is in the same situation. He was able to look up the factory "soft date". Which I'm told is Tesla's planned end gate of production. He told me mine says June 12th for the soft date.

He also told me that he doesn't like to look up these soft dates as they are rarely accurate.

Reactions: Wood1030
So, I just got off the phone w/ a Tesla rep in LA, Ca inquiring about Demo models available in the area and I also asked her if she had any details or info about my existing order/VIN #, etc. While she did give me good info about some M3P's (and Y Performance models) that are available for immediate delivery, what I really wanted to know is, WHAT'S UP WITH MY CURRENT ORDER?

So, towards the end of our call, she mentioned that she looked up my order # and that it's scheduled for the end of June (last week), however, she was not able to give me a VIN #.

I'm not sure if I should take this conversation and assurance of delivery with a grain of salt and that this is just the standard Tesla Rep calming jargon given to impatient customers, like myself, or if I should now feel confident that I/We should in fact, be getting our Q2 deliveries.

What say you guys? Anybody else have a similar conversation with a Tesla Rep/SA about your delayed orders?

So, I just got off the phone w/ a Tesla rep in LA, Ca inquiring about Demo models available in the area and I also asked her if she had any details or info about my existing order/VIN #, etc. While she did give me good info about some M3P's (and Y Performance models) that are available for immediate delivery, what I really wanted to know is, WHAT'S UP WITH MY CURRENT ORDER?

So, towards the end of our call, she mentioned that she looked up my order # and that it's scheduled for the end of June (last week), however, she was not able to give me a VIN #.

I'm not sure if I should take this conversation and assurance of delivery with a grain of salt and that this is just the standard Tesla Rep calming jargon given to impatient customers, like myself, or if I should now feel confident that I/We should in fact, be getting our Q2 deliveries.

What say you guys? Anybody else have a similar conversation with a Tesla Rep/SA about your delayed orders?
I had a similar conversation (posted about it 2 posts up 👆). Turns out the Tesla rep I spoke with is also awaiting a Model 3 and he seemed pretty confident that our orders will come the last couple weeks of June. He confirmed that Tesla really does ramp up deliveries at the end of the quarter.

Reactions: Wood1030
I had a similar conversation (posted about it 2 posts up 👆). Turns out the Tesla rep I spoke with is also awaiting a Model 3 and he seemed pretty confident that our orders will come the last couple weeks of June. He confirmed that Tesla really does ramp up deliveries at the end of the quarter.
Let us pray together. Come, gather 'round the campfire.

I somehow missed your comments above but thanks for pointing it out.

I was so close to just going with a Demo model M3P but now, maybe a little more patience may be more prudent. 👍🏽

I also sent an email to my SA to see what's going on. I didn't want to bug, but I did also need to let her know that I'm no longer trading-in with Tesla anyway, so at least I don't feel bad about emailing her. If I recall, she's off on Fri/Sat, so I don't expect a response until Sunday at the earliest. When she is working, she is VERY responsive!

That being said, I had to get my mind off of being in the 2-11 club. I know it's just a car, but it kind of ruined my mood for the day. Regardless, I took the car I'm selling to get a wash (Volkswagen GTI), (This is the first time it's been washed by someone other than myself, or a relative), and then I went to Chemical Guys to buy a waterless wash setup that I'm planning on using for my M3P. Tried the waterless setup on a Toyota Prius Prime I own, and I'm super happy with it.

I live in an area where washing with water is not allowed. Landlord doesn't allow it in the driveways/parking spots, and the city doesn't allow it at all, even on private property, due to water use.

Trying to focus on how I've nailed my waterless wash setup, and not think about 2-11 club.

Hopefully tomorrow we'll have more clarity on dates?

So you don't have a VIN or a Sale agreenment but a delivery date?
Yup. I dug up the VIN in the source code yesterday after accepting Tesla Vision, but Tesla has not officially communicated it to me. No sale agreement either. Granted, the delivery appointment is 2 weeks away, so I'm not in a rush.

From what I can tell the car finished assembly on June 2nd and is now making its was toward eastern Canada, which is about 10 days transit time.

I also sent an email to my SA to see what's going on. I didn't want to bug, but I did also need to let her know that I'm no longer trading-in with Tesla anyway, so at least I don't feel bad about emailing her. If I recall, she's off on Fri/Sat, so I don't expect a response until Sunday at the earliest. When she is working, she is VERY responsive!

That being said, I had to get my mind off of being in the 2-11 club. I know it's just a car, but it kind of ruined my mood for the day. Regardless, I took the car I'm selling to get a wash (Volkswagen GTI), (This is the first time it's been washed by someone other than myself, or a relative), and then I went to Chemical Guys to buy a waterless wash setup that I'm planning on using for my M3P. Tried the waterless setup on a Toyota Prius Prime I own, and I'm super happy with it.

I live in an area where washing with water is not allowed. Landlord doesn't allow it in the driveways/parking spots, and the city doesn't allow it at all, even on private property, due to water use.

Trying to focus on how I've nailed my waterless wash setup, and not think about 2-11 club.

Hopefully tomorrow we'll have more clarity on dates?
….what!?……an area that washing with water is not allowed???………time to move!….the Cali politicians are bat *sugar* crazy!…