Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry for the late reply, the issue was the driver’s side door gap, it was pretty bad and it also had deep scratches to the rear bumper diffuser… I didn’t get a chance to inspect the interior so who knows what else could have been wrong. This might be okay with some of you, but for me it was a no go. I had a plan to accept the M3P if it was in near perfect condition over my Model S order… since it arrived earlier.
I understand. I had to reject mine back in March for similar reasons. I just received a new VIN but I’ve lost that excitement this time around. I don’t want to go through that again.

I'm also not happy about losing all that safety tech from the removal of radar. I know they say that they are going to add it back through software, but we all know how that goes.

I’m leaning toward canceling for now.

Reactions: play150 and Chris++
Hello all,
Every three months about this time I check back into this forum to see what's going on.
I was in the M3P waiting room class of Dec 2020, ordering 20 Oct '20 and finally picking up Jan 4.
  • It's good to see so many getting their VINs. I almost didn't. I actually think Tesla has improved production or something as I am seeing May orders getting their VINs this cycle. I believe in my class, November orders ended up waiting till March!
  • It's worth the wait. The car is an absolute rocket like nothing I ever experienced before. No problems so far for me.
  • REMEMBER THE RULES OF THE FORUM. Thou shalt POST PICTURES of your new car upon delivery OR IT DID NOT HAPPEN. No written explanations. We want the pics!

But there are people who got their cars later than 60. Don’t want to get dinged twice. So was asking.
Tesla order process is like "Who's line is it anyways" - where nothing makes sense and the dates are made up. My SA also told me to complete my profile ASAP if I want a car right away, so that's what I did. I feel like Q2 orders would have been completed sooner if it wasn't for the containment hold to remove radar and maybe the Lumbar thing

The financing lasted that long?
I got an alert of the credit pull when I first submitted and another pull a couple days ago after setting up the delivery. Not sure if it’s going to stay as a 2 credit checks. In the past I’ve gone to multiple banks looking for the best rate and if it’s within a certain timeframe it ends up being just one check as the agencies bunch them together. I’m hoping the same happens here but it does look like they refreshed the application after 60 days.

Tesla order process is like "Who's line is it anyways" - where nothing makes sense and the dates are made up. My SA also told me to complete my profile ASAP if I want a car right away, so that's what I did. I feel like Q2 orders would have been completed sooner if it wasn't for the containment hold to remove radar and maybe the Lumbar thing
Comparing with Q1 orders, I'd say they're actually moving faster, at least for us Canadians. There were quite a few people last quarter with mid-month builds and cars arriving on the last 3 days of the month.