Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, I just remembered this morning that despite ordering on 4/9 I never picked a payment method until 5/14. Does anyone know if that would cause my delivery date to be pushed really far? This morning my estimated delivery went from 6/20-6/30 to 7/13-8/02.
Wow! That is not cool! And I have no idea why that happened. I've only heard about July deliveries for Model Y. Have you called your Tesla rep?

Co-worker started his order 5/14 but finished it 5/16 because he is trading in a car. He got his VIN 5/30 and is set for a delivery of 6/18. He got Blue/Black MP3 no FSD.

I wonder if a trade in plays a role in when you get your delivery since you have a 30 day 1000 mile window.
I have no idea about trade-ins. I have no trade-in. I forgot to mention that I ordered a M3P white/white.

Co-worker started his order 5/14 but finished it 5/16 because he is trading in a car. He got his VIN 5/30 and is set for a delivery of 6/18. He got Blue/Black MP3 no FSD.

I wonder if a trade in plays a role in when you get your delivery since you have a 30 day 1000 mile window.
Trade In does not influence delivery dates. I submitted/uploaded all the info and photos immediately and my date ranges have only been pushed further from the original quoted time. It seems Trade In and the 30-day/1,000 mile window is the very least of their concerns.

I’ve started to believe the whole delivery process is a real crapshoot. Out of all the tech companies, Tesla is by far one of the worst when it comes to communication to their customers.

Perfect...thank you so much!
Hopefully its not too late but I would not recommend ordering from Emblemsonly.com

Ordered on June 1st and got confirmation from them on shipping June 3rd. USPS tracking says the label was created but package not received. I'm getting no response from emails, voicemails, or text asking about my order.

Tried finding another number to call and found the BBB reviews show these guys are terrible and the parts are junk.

My 3 is going right to the detail shop Thursday for PPF and they were going to be doing the badges for me so the film came out right. Now I'm in scramble mode trying to find the best option to chrome delete the front and rear T emblems. Hade shady mofo's. Hopefully my bank will reverse the charges.

I have the T emblems in black on order from them; I have a 2-day old “shipped” message with USPS tracking that shows “label created” yet my Informed Delivery shows a package with the tracking number (prepended with 94) to be delivered today…

I also have plasti-dip on order, should be here this week; that would be my fall-back if Emblems Only doesn’t come through with a decent quality product. You don’t have to remove the emblems to plasti-dip them.

Last edited:
Reactions: Red Leader NH
I have the T emblems in black on order from them; I have a 2-day old “shipped” message with USPS tracking that shows “label created” yet my Informed Delivery shows a package with the tracking number (prepended with 94) to be delivered today…
That gives me some hope... Still thinking I need to find a replacement and overnight them so I have them by Wednesday. The rear isn't as big of an issue but the front 3 Bar emblem needs to be on so the PPF is cut around it clean.

I talked to sales advisor at CLT on Sat.....he is looking into account, said he will return call by Wednesday.......fully believes delivery will be before 30th of June, (my current shows June 22-30....ordered on 5/16.......red MP3 no FSD
I have a vin and delivery day (6/15-12pm) scheduled but since they arent calling me back or answering the phone im just going to wait to register my bank account. I hope that doesnt mess me up but they arent answering my messages so ill just see what happens.

i was told by advisor on 5/16 to immediately pick cash....then to adjust as needed after i received vin...ordered 5/16 shows delivery end of this month....
I accidentally did that, LOL. I am financing through USAA since their rates are better than anyone I've found and you can't specify that on your own, my SA was able to adjust it for me though.

I'd love to get my car this week, before this weekend's road trip, but I've got another one two weeks after that! Driving 6 hours would be a lot nicer in a car with autopilot than in my 13 year old Hyundai. At this point, though, I feel like I'll be lucky to even get it in June.

Reactions: CarolinaBMXers
I'm not following what you did to you tracking number to get information? Did you add something in front of?
The tracking number that EO included in their “shipped” email is 02128206335491148925, which gives a status of “label created, not in system” if you try to track it.

My USPS Informed Delivery email that I get every day from USPS with scans of letters and tracking numbers of en route packages shows a package with a tracking number of 9402128206335491148925 (same number but 94 at the front end of it). If I track that (complete) number on USPS.com, I get tracking info that shows an EDD of Wednesday, June 9 and a current status that says it has left the Phoenix USPS facility.

Reactions: Red Leader NH
Ordered a M3P on 4/25. Delivery dates were changing every day until finally I received a VIN on 6/1. I paid off the balance in full and awaited a delivery appointment in Scottsdale.

Car arrived on 6/4 in Scottsdale, but the first available appointment was today (6/7). I received a voice mail a few hours before pickup that the car was damaged in transport and a new car needed to be ordered (apparently nothing minor that can be easily fixed). I cannot directly call the delivery center to learn more. I called Tesla’s customer service (40 mins on hold) and nobody could advise me on the next steps.

I was worried about making the transition from BMW (currently have an M4) to Tesla. I now question my decision. I have asked Tesla to refund my money since they don’t have a clue when I will get a car. I am being offered nothing for the inconvenience. This is not a luxury brand from a sales and service perspective.

My plan is to sleep on the next step since I don’t want to overreact. It’s just I hear the horror stories about service, quality, and now I can confirm there is some truth to it. Is my story unique or have others experienced something similar?

My EDD is down to a 2 day window June 10th to June 12th .. not sure what this implies. My Delivery Appointment is on the 11th , but still dont' have the final payment option.
You have a delivery appointment for June 11 set? That's awesome. I spoke with my SA a couple of times. She had previously mentioned that she saw my vehicle making its way over, originally June 17, but now it's estimated to arrive June 14. I haven't gotten a delivery date schedule yet though.

Reactions: Tesconnect
Ordered a M3P on 4/25. Delivery dates were changing every day until finally I received a VIN on 6/1. I paid off the balance in full and awaited a delivery appointment in Scottsdale.

Car arrived on 6/4 in Scottsdale, but the first available appointment was today (6/7). I received a voice mail a few hours before pickup that the car was damaged in transport and a new car needed to be ordered (apparently nothing minor that can be easily fixed). I cannot directly call the delivery center to learn more. I called Tesla’s customer service (40 mins on hold) and nobody could advise me on the next steps.

I was worried about making the transition from BMW (currently have an M4) to Tesla. I now question my decision. I have asked Tesla to refund my money since they don’t have a clue when I will get a car. I am being offered nothing for the inconvenience. This is not a luxury brand from a sales and service perspective.

My plan is to sleep on the next step since I don’t want to overreact. It’s just I hear the horror stories about service, quality, and now I can confirm there is some truth to it. Is my story unique or have others experienced something similar?
Yikes, sorry to hear that. Transportation issue may have been out of their control or they could be withholding information on what actually happened, who knows. I'm not an attorney but I feel if you paid for the car in full (regardless cash, finance, lease), they need to deliver you the product within a reasonable amount of time. It may be early but if the pickup was supposed to be today and you're floating $50k to them, try sending them a notice to perform with a 7 day limit to protect yourself should they try to dick you around.