Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you DO have a VIN, you can contact your SA to get a more accurate date estimate. After I got my VIN, my SA has been tracking my car as it makes its way across the country. Last update was yesterday, passing through Nebraska with a new ETA of the 14th (previously it was the 17th).

If you DO NOT have a VIN, then it's like others said--don't hold your breath on those dates. They jump everywhere. There's just no telling what it will end up becoming.
Got my delivery date set for June 16th

Reactions: Doge-1
I checked today, and my delivery date narrowed some. I got my VIN last week after the 2-11 fiasco, with delivery dates being June 7 - June 15. As of today, the dates have now changed to June 10-15. I guess I didn't realize that dates could still shift after VIN assignment. It makes sense, but I just hadn't thought about it.

Not a longer wait time, but the larger date range gave me slightly more flexibility in to actually going to pick up the car. I'm working all of the days in my EDD range. Hopefully they'll be flexible with times, and will let me choose a day/time that I can make happen. My manager will be understanding if I need to make an adjustment to pick up the car (still waiting for theirs too), but I'll still need to do the logistics to make it work.
Did you already do your payment step?

Got the Order Update message finally but I don't want to accept it then get a VIN and then have it delivered during my trip! I haven't even sold my car yet!!!! i was honestly hoping for it to be delivered during my EDD of 18th-30th

If I just leave the Order Update message there and don't touch it will my car go bye bye?

Folks, be very careful with paying Tesla prior to delivery. Tesla destroyed my car during transport and they are being difficult to refund my money. They feel I am being unreasonable by rejecting a used demo at full price in place of a new car. There is no escalation path to anyone in leadership and nobody cares. I am meeting with a lawyer as my next step. Again, I realize everyone has happy thoughts about their car on order, but just remember my story and don’t let it happen to you. Do not pay prior to inspection.

Folks, be very careful with paying Tesla prior to delivery. Tesla destroyed my car during transport and they are being difficult to refund my money. They feel I am being unreasonable by rejecting a used demo at full price in place of a new car. There is no escalation path to anyone in leadership and nobody cares. I am meeting with a lawyer as my next step. Again, I realize everyone has happy thoughts about their car on order, but just remember my story and don’t let it happen to you. Do not pay prior to inspection.
So sorry for you, what I am getting from this is they destroyed your car, don't want to refund your money, and is offering you a "ragged" on demo for a replacement at full price of a new car... yikes.

So sorry for you, what I am getting from this is they destroyed your car, don't want to refund your money, and is offering you a "ragged" on demo for a replacement at full price of a new car... yikes.
In fairness they are offering a demo with 100 miles with identical specs. I have not seen the car to confirm the condition. It’s really more about principal and doing the right thing. I waited in line, paid when asked, and I was excited like everyone else here. I really don’t understand why this has to be difficult. Tesla screwed up and just needs to make things right. I am not asking for much or expecting some major discount for the headache.

Does this message mean I might be close to getting a VIN? 🤷🏼‍♂️ 😇

D438C3B8-330B-47D0-A8C8-C42E5380AC06.jpeg

Reactions: Doge-1