Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Was June 20 - June 30 yesterday; now this morning July 31 - August 20

And now this morning:
A5A5FD0F-9623-452E-BC4F-716FF7D57378.jpeg

…wat.

• Disagree
Reactions: Red Leader NH
My delivery is scheduled for tomorrow and I got an email yesterday saying I needed to complete my final payment and accept the terms. Open the site on PC and App and no option to approve anything. My payment terms have been under completed tasks for 2 months and now moved over to the "next steps" tab along with insurance which is also complete. Called Tesla Finance yesterday 2 hour wait for call back... They said everything looked good and I didn't need to do anything and I would see an option to accept the terms today on the site. Got another email today prompting me to accept the terms of financing and again I have no actions in my account.
Can anyone else confirm the same issue? I'm assuming these are auto-generated emails and probably just a glitch but it's concerning me that I'm going to drive 4 hours for delivery and they are going to tell me I didn't do something to complete the order. Add that to the stress of recent damage reported by others this has turned out to be more stressful than dealing with a shady in person dealership. I really think I would prefer to take my chances with the dealer games than all of this stress and uncertainty.
I know all dealers are having delivery delays it just sucks they aren't providing clear updates and information. I do have a buddy that ordered the new Bronco a couple months prior to my Tesla order and he still has no VIN and no update on when delivery might be scheduled. His window just says Aug-Oct. Original delivery was May until the chip shortage.
You don't have a "Submit Final Payment" option under your "Insurance Info" ?

My delivery is scheduled for tomorrow and I got an email yesterday saying I needed to complete my final payment and accept the terms. Open the site on PC and App and no option to approve anything. My payment terms have been under completed tasks for 2 months and now moved over to the "next steps" tab along with insurance which is also complete. Called Tesla Finance yesterday 2 hour wait for call back... They said everything looked good and I didn't need to do anything and I would see an option to accept the terms today on the site. Got another email today prompting me to accept the terms of financing and again I have no actions in my account.
Can anyone else confirm the same issue? I'm assuming these are auto-generated emails and probably just a glitch but it's concerning me that I'm going to drive 4 hours for delivery and they are going to tell me I didn't do something to complete the order. Add that to the stress of recent damage reported by others this has turned out to be more stressful than dealing with a shady in person dealership. I really think I would prefer to take my chances with the dealer games than all of this stress and uncertainty.
I know all dealers are having delivery delays it just sucks they aren't providing clear updates and information. I do have a buddy that ordered the new Bronco a couple months prior to my Tesla order and he still has no VIN and no update on when delivery might be scheduled. His window just says Aug-Oct. Original delivery was May until the chip shortage.
I think they are just automated emails. I got an email basically every day after receiving my VIN until delivery telling me to complete my final tasks (final payment). I was paying cash and did not pay until delivery day. I think they just have automated emails for this now though.

Great news! Tesla granted my wish of providing me with a delivery date for the replacement car. My story goes like this…
Ordered M3P on 4/25
Delivery dates were pointless until a VIN was assigned on 6/2 (best day ever)
Submitted payment in full on 6/2 and the first available delivery appointment was 6/7
Car arrived to the delivery center on 6/4
Notified a couple hours before delivery appointment on 6/7 that the car was destroyed on the transport
Car #1 is officially dead

Requested a refund on 6/7 since I paid in full prior to delivery.
Requested to speak to a supervisor on 6/7. Still no word. Delivery center manager quit on 6/7 is the reason. Still no escalation has been granted.
Request for priority on the replacement car was denied on 6/7.
Escalated request for refund on 6/8 - nothing, crickets.
Offered an opportunity to buy a demo M3P for the same price as new on 6/8. Declined.
New delivery date on car #2 has been assigned July 17 - August 15.

I am highly doubtful to give Tesla a chance.

If you guys were in my shoes… Tesla destroyed my car in transport and could care less to make things right. I don’t even have a new delivery date for a replacement car. They just took my cash and there is no clear escalation path to get help. My options are below:

Buy a M3P demo car with 50-100 miles for the same price as new? Wait another two months or so for another M3P? Just be happy with my low mile BMW M4? Order the new BMW M3 CS?

I just sold my M4 (long time BMW owner and loved my M4) but I couldn't pass up the deal I got with selling it .... I don't love the new designs on the M3/4 but the interior and performance are incredible .... I just saw an all blacked out new M3 here downtown and in person, it was really cool and barely noticed the grill - I would drive one!

Great news! Tesla granted my wish of providing me with a delivery date for the replacement car. My story goes like this…
Ordered M3P on 4/25
Delivery dates were pointless until a VIN was assigned on 6/2 (best day ever)
Submitted payment in full on 6/2 and the first available delivery appointment was 6/7
Car arrived to the delivery center on 6/4
Notified a couple hours before delivery appointment on 6/7 that the car was destroyed on the transport
Car #1 is officially dead

Requested a refund on 6/7 since I paid in full prior to delivery.
Requested to speak to a supervisor on 6/7. Still no word. Delivery center manager quit on 6/7 is the reason. Still no escalation has been granted.
Request for priority on the replacement car was denied on 6/7.
Escalated request for refund on 6/8 - nothing, crickets.
Offered an opportunity to buy a demo M3P for the same price as new on 6/8. Declined.
New delivery date on car #2 has been assigned July 17 - August 15.

I am highly doubtful to give Tesla a chance.
I would be putting some pressure on them to give you a year of free supercharging for the delay. I've heard/seen on the YouTube that has been done in the past for customers that had extended wait times. I plan on casually mentioning it to my delivery advisor tomorrow as I ordered 4/5.

Hopefully that date improves for you... really can't imagine the frustration after the long build up. I just emailed my DA and asked him to verify the car has been inspected and sited the recent damaged in transport issues on the forum. Explicitly asked him to check for damage prior to me driving down 4 hours to check it myself. Told him I'm brining a checklist for my own inspection and wanted to make sure it was at least in one piece.

Reactions: Wood1030
I just sold my M4 (long time BMW owner and loved my M4) but I couldn't pass up the deal I got with selling it .... I don't love the new designs on the M3/4 but the interior and performance are incredible .... I just saw an all blacked out new M3 here downtown and in person, it was really cool and barely noticed the grill - I would drive one!
How good of a deal did you get on selling the M4? I have a 2015 with 20k miles. Tesla offered $40k and in Arizona the tax incentive involved with a trade makes it net to $44k. I didn’t try to sell the car via private party (no real interest for an extra $2k). I think the car is worth up to $50k.

I would be putting some pressure on them to give you a year of free supercharging for the delay. I've heard/seen on the YouTube that has been done in the past for customers that had extended wait times. I plan on casually mentioning it to my delivery advisor tomorrow as I ordered 4/5.

Hopefully that date improves for you... really can't imagine the frustration after the long build up. I just emailed my DA and asked him to verify the car has been inspected and sited the recent damaged in transport issues on the forum. Explicitly asked him to check for damage prior to me driving down 4 hours to check it myself. Told him I'm brining a checklist for my own inspection and wanted to make sure it was at least in one piece.
The root cause of my frustration is that I cannot speak to anyone at Tesla who has the authority to do anything. When I call the customer service line they say my point of contact for escalation is the delivery center manager, but he resigned on Monday. The best I can get is my SA who told me he is not authorized to do a thing. He just wanted me to say yes to a demo car for full MSRP. Now if they were nice I might have considered this option since the demo car has 50-100 miles, but they treat customers like dirt. I will definitely short Tesla stock once there is viable competition. Tesla is seriously doomed.

Got it this morning. Delivery time was 4am (hahaha), got the email to accept the car at 7am. We're temporarily living in an apartment complex while our house is being built, they left the car at the front office parking lot. But was able to find it and so far I only see three minor nitpicks. Charging port door doesn't close completely, driver's side tail light is not aligned with the trunk side, and the rear bumper looks like it needs to be popped in place. Happy I have it and glad it wasn't damaged in transit like Azhawkeye's vehicle. I feel for him.

Attachments

• 4255.jpeg
    4255.jpeg
    461.4 KB · Views: 72
  • 4256.jpeg
    4256.jpeg
    29.7 KB · Views: 69
The root cause of my frustration is that I cannot speak to anyone at Tesla who has the authority to do anything. When I call the customer service line they say my point of contact for escalation is the delivery center manager, but he resigned on Monday. The best I can get is my SA who told me he is not authorized to do a thing. He just wanted me to say yes to a demo car for full MSRP. Now if they were nice I might have considered this option since the demo car has 50-100 miles, but they treat customers like dirt. I will definitely short Tesla stock once there is viable competition. Tesla is seriously doomed.

I drove the demo M3P so hard for 30 min straight, the tires wore similar to a track session.

Reactions: SpaceCash
How good of a deal did you get on selling the M4? I have a 2015 with 20k miles. Tesla offered $40k and in Arizona the tax incentive involved with a trade makes it net to $44k. I didn’t try to sell the car via private party (no real interest for an extra $2k). I think the car is worth up to $50k.
2016 with 43K and some lite mods and completely loaded .... $43K from Carmax ..... Tesla offered just under $38K ....

My dates got moved to mid July/Aug which I am okay with. For others driving to NJ to pickup, my SA mentioned when I went to test drive that they would provide a rental car for the trip since I am not trading anything in. Has any one else got a rental?