Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got a call from Tesla; I was all set for Tuesday 6/22, but…they just called me and rescheduled for tomorrow (Sunday), since the car arrived and is ready. Kickass!!!

Now I can start watching out the window tomorrow AM instead of waiting for Tuesday. Awesome Father’s Day present to myself! I hope it gets here before I leave to go visit my dad 100 miles away, or that’s going to make for a looooong drive knowing it’ll be at my house before I get back.
Yes!! You are going to have a GREAT week! I drove about 200 miles today and never once stopped smiling.

I have bought more cars than I care to discuss and this is very true
Don't get me wrong guys.....I would love to buy the M3P, as would my sister and my GF, most of my family would like to join the Tesla brand. I am praying the car arrives without flaws. Its quite apparent we all have different viewpoints on what is perfect or acceptable. I'm going to be 61 soon and have owned 5 911's, and lastly an SQ5. In my eyes, they were all perfect. What is not perfect to me is chunks of debris in the paint finish, doors that won't close, misaligned panels, and all the other horror stories I've been seeing here. Let's see what next week holds, I hope things go well, I'm not holding my breath. For those here that received quality Teslas with no issues, I am extremely happy for them and that gives me a glimmer of hope, for those here that are willing to accept a blatant lack of QC and settle for less.....well lets just say I wished I could be you, but thats not happening.

Don't get me wrong guys.....I would love to buy the M3P, as would my sister and my GF, most of my family would like to join the Tesla brand. I am praying the car arrives without flaws. Its quite apparent we all have different viewpoints on what is perfect or acceptable. I'm going to be 61 soon and have owned 5 911's, and lastly an SQ5. In my eyes, they were all perfect. What is not perfect to me is chunks of debris in the paint finish, doors that won't close, misaligned panels, and all the other horror stories I've been seeing here. Let's see what next week holds, I hope things go well, I'm not holding my breath. For those here that received quality Teslas with no issues, I am extremely happy for them and that gives me a glimmer of hope, for those here that are willing to accept a blatant lack of QC and settle for less.....well lets just say I wished I could be you, but thats not happening.
Comparing with 911s would leave buyers of almost any car disappointed. But that's a really expensive car compared to a M3P, so I'd expect better. My new Tesla is not 100% perfect (but pretty darn close), but it is as good or better than the two other new cars I've bought I the past 20 years (a Nissan and a Chevrolet)

Reactions: TBrownTX
I can't help you unfortunately, but I was wondering if you actually have the option to make the final payment? If you do, what's it look like?
Hey! I did have the option to make the final payment. Since I’m financing, all I had to do was print and sign the MVPA, send it to my bank, sign my banks documents and my bank sent the payment to Tesla. I got an email from Tesla this morning stating they received my payment and that my delivery is scheduled for this coming Sunday. I still have the right to reject the car and get a refund if I choose to.

let me know if anyone else has more questions.

32F33064-B198-40DC-B7ED-4239005D8413.jpeg

Got it updated to MSM!! No change on delivery status yet but my SA essentially said if I don’t hear this week I’m looking end of September.

That's very quick! I've been waiting since April 15 and nothing so far, just keeps getting pushed out.

M3P ordered April 17th
Burbank Delivery Center
Blue Exterior
White Interior
Still no VIN or any semblance of a delivery taking place ATM

Getting a little peeved now... :rolleyes:

I was in the same boat as you guys. I ordered 4/1, and they kept jerking me around with the delivery date (at one point it went in to August). My salesman told me not to do financing until 30 days out--which is tough to decide when to do it when the delivery date is constantly moving around.

I mentioned my situation on here, and a kind member suggested that I should move forward with the financing portion if I hadn't already. I submitted my financing, and my order has moved forward very quickly. About a week after financing, I got the VIN, and about another week later, I got a delivery date (6/28).

I was in the same boat as you guys. I ordered 4/1, and they kept jerking me around with the delivery date (at one point it went in to August). My salesman told me not to do financing until 30 days out--which is tough to decide when to do it when the delivery date is constantly moving around.

I mentioned my situation on here, and a kind member suggested that I should move forward with the financing portion if I hadn't already. I submitted my financing, and my order has moved forward very quickly. About a week after financing, I got the VIN, and about another week later, I got a delivery date (6/28).

Honestly it could just be a coincidence. I know that some SAs have told people to switch it to cash to move things forward, but I don't know if they really know if that's true or just anecdotal.

I did't do any financing until I got my VIN. If you have good credit, getting a car loan takes seconds. I have the advantage of having quite a few other people who ordered the same configuration in the same state at about the same time. Compared to them, my order to VIN time frame was about the same.

Well, after a long journey Tesla finally pulled it together.

After having my delivery scheduled for Monday 6/21, Tesla Highland Park texted me and said my car was ready early yesterday.

Called up my friend and we headed down to Chicago to pick up M3P.

So far, it looks perfect (other than the spray of bugs from driving it home last night). But those have already been cleaned off. 😇. Panel gaps, paint, interior, all look

It’s been a fun journey, but I’m off to take a drive. And like others have said before, the wait was worth it in the end.

And for those still waiting for their cars, may the VINs forever be in your favor. 😎

8EC6E718-F79C-4524-87EA-3322A29277E4.jpeg
693E4769-E509-42D3-87C7-4CAF2A064147.jpeg

After having my delivery scheduled for Monday 6/21, Tesla Highland Park texted me and said my car was ready early yesterday.

So far, it looks perfect (other than the spray of bugs from driving it home last night). But those have already been cleaned off. 😇. Panel gaps, paint, interior, all look

It’s been a fun journey, but I’m off to take a drive. And like others have said before, the wait was worth it in the end.

And for those still waiting for their cars, may the VINs forever be in your favor. 😎

View attachment 675621View attachment 675622
Congrats! Man, that red looks better and better every time i see it.

View attachment 675621View attachment 675622

Already fixed the dash I see. 😉

Tim