Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked up my model 3 perf. Today. It was pretty flawless. Didn’t notice anything.

Attachments

• F7A791E6-55C9-473D-B82D-547527415B95.jpeg
    F7A791E6-55C9-473D-B82D-547527415B95.jpeg
    825 KB · Views: 98
  • AFEF48B6-494D-40CD-8536-397ABF135386.jpeg
    AFEF48B6-494D-40CD-8536-397ABF135386.jpeg
    779.1 KB · Views: 72
I think I figured out Tesla’s mindset approach to shipping out cars with an utter lack of QC. They’re figuring that if we’ve waited 1-3 months for the car that we’ll accept it no matter what the flaws are. I won’t use that certain finger emoji here in response to that because I’m sure I’ll get kicked out.

When my Dad was picking up his Model Y about a year and a half ago, the Tesla advisor was complaining about the nitpicking that happens with Teslas. His attitude was that if you don't want the car, someone else will take it. Eventually Tesla will have to grow past this as competition increases, but right now mass producing them (even if imperfect) is far more important it seems.

TIm

Picked up my red M3P today, so pumped. Delivery experience was super easy and painless. Most importantly, no visible flaws or issues all around. Really really impressed with the ride, handling, performance, and the audio system. More impressions to come, even have the wall charger set up already!

My 4xe brother! Looks great, that was my other choice, red/black interior, but were coming off a bright red DD/RT, the new Jeep is red-ish, my GT was orange, and I've kind of been tick-tocking between silvers/metallic grays and a non-neutral/bright color, so MSM/white interior was my tock :D

Reactions: gorilla83
Picked up my model 3 perf. Today. It was pretty flawless. Didn’t notice anything.

Your MSM paint looks like mine, I was kind of shocked at the clarity/optics right from the factory, definitely very solid OEM paint. Well, it's been raining here for like 4 days, so mine looks dirty, flat and craptacular at the moment - looking forward to seeing it cleaned up, polished and in the sun.

Your MSM paint looks like mine, I was kind of shocked at the clarity/optics right from the factory, definitely very solid OEM paint. Well, it's been raining here for like 4 days, so mine looks dirty, flat and craptacular at the moment - looking forward to seeing it cleaned up, polished and in the sun.

Agree - my paint is fantastic, nearly flawless. after 1400 miles I have picked up a few stone chips, but they were well earned.

Tim

B2038068-D549-4EAC-86ED-7616B73C7011.jpeg

My 4xe brother! Looks great, that was my other choice, red/black interior, but were coming off a bright red DD/RT, the new Jeep is red-ish, my GT was orange, and I've kind of been tick-tocking between silvers/metallic grays and a non-neutral/bright color, so MSM/white interior was my tock :D
Thanks! I was actually debating blue or red and decided to go blue (hydro blue) with the new Jeep and red with the Tesla. Between the wife's white car and now red/blue cars on my end, we've got the whole 'Merica theme going on, lol. Now to find a suitable set of wheels - the Ubers are growing on a me a little, but probably not enough to keep them long term. :)

BTW with any luck the 4xE delivery shouldn't be far behind! It went into shipping last weekend. :)

Last edited:
Look who’s joined the party this early morning...
1D543DBE-9540-4B94-BAB4-6DDC9E06927D.jpeg

I woke up early this morning to go “M3Peee” and thought I’d check my email while I was up and sure enough, I had the “final payment” email waiting for me. I then checked my Tesla account and there was a VIN assignment...woohoo!
58DA9429-E920-41DB-A6A7-4CF889737B71.jpeg

Now all that’s needed is to get the delivery time locked in and I’ll be a very happy man!
The struggle is nearly over.