Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For those in the “waiting room”: assuming HW4 gets announced or forecasted on AI day, would that play into your decision to delay your delivery?
It will definitely not affect my decision. There will always be new hardware and software changes shaking things up a little.

I use autopilot to alleviate the most dull parts of driving when going long distances on straight well marked highways. These are the situations that autopilot is best at.

My only interest in FSD is as a curiosity and I dont foresee any potential hardware changes making a massive difference in how autopilot works for me.

Just got my VIN literally a few minutes ago! I am very impressed they are cranking them OUT!
M3P Black|Black Order Date July 29. I am super excited!!! It is getting close.
Damn congrats! I ordered 4 days before you and still don’t have one, same configuration. Did you get an email or just happen to check your account?

And you’re in Texas! I HAVE to be getting a VIN soon…

Reactions: TesslAshanti
Damn congrats! I ordered 4 days before you and still don’t have one, same configuration. Did you get an email or just happen to check your account?

And you’re in Texas! I HAVE to be getting a VIN soon…
Welp, after seeing everyone get VINs last night I've been refreshing like a mad-man this morning. Finally the EDD updated....to "4-6 weeks". A bit disheartening but hopefully it means they are updating on the back end and will see something new soon!

Welp, after seeing everyone get VINs last night I've been refreshing like a mad-man this morning. Finally the EDD updated....to "4-6 weeks". A bit disheartening but hopefully it means they are updating on the back end and will see something new soon!
@aroncbrown my EDD actually did that two days before I got my VIN. I am guessing you will get it this week.

For those waiting here that don't feel like scouring the forums for information about how to interpret estimated delivery date (EDD), here is a summary of what I have found while looking for the past couple weeks:
  • Your place in line might not be reserved until after you complete the initial document request after your order is placed.
  • Your EDD will probably start out with a range similar to what was claimed when you placed your order, e.g. 4-6 weeks out.
  • At some point your EDD window will start regularly shrinking down, probably at a rate of one or two days shrink per day that passes.
  • Once your EDD window shrinks to about a 7 day period, you will probably get your VIN soon.
Here is a summary of how my EDD changed each day until I got my VIN:
Tesla M3P Red with White Interior, lease financing, destination: Ohio.
Date | Estimated Delivery Date
Jul 30, 2021 | Aug 20 - Sep 9 - Order Placed
Aug 4, 2021 | Aug 22 - Sep 11
Aug 6, 2021 | Aug 20 - Sep 9
Aug 7, 2021 | Aug 22 - Sep 9
Aug 10, 2021 | Aug 23 - Sep 10
Aug 11, 2021 | Aug 24 - Sep 9
Aug 12, 2021 | Aug 25 - Sep 9
Aug 13, 2021 | Aug 26 - Sep 7
Aug 14, 2021 | Aug 27 - Sep 8
Aug 15, 2021 | Aug 28 - Sep 7
Aug 16, 2021 | Aug 29 - Sep 7
Aug 17, 2021 | Aug 30 - Sep 7
Aug 17, 2021 | Aug 30 - Sep 7
Aug 18, 2021 | Aug 28 - Sep 3 - VIN Received

Attachments

• EDD window.JPG
    EDD window.JPG
    67.7 KB · Views: 58
Ordered a white on white Performance on 8/16 in Virginia (Richmond pickup). Said 5-7 weeks the first night, then snapped to Aug 30 - Sept 38 the next day and has been holding. Not sure I put any stock in those dates, but I can be hopeful. :) Holding off on completing the finance part for VIN or delivery date since I see so much advice not to rush that and risk approvals expiring.

Ordered a white on white Performance on 8/16 in Virginia (Richmond pickup). Said 5-7 weeks the first night, then snapped to Aug 30 - Sept 38 the next day and has been holding. Not sure I put any stock in those dates, but I can be hopeful. :) Holding off on completing the finance part for VIN or delivery date since I see so much advice not to rush that and risk approvals expiring.
The counterargument to that would be to complete it ASAP so that Tesla will get you a vehicle instead of risk needing to redo the work of reapproving the financing.

Obviously, I meant Sept 30... not 38th. :)

The counterargument to that would be to complete it ASAP so that Tesla will get you a vehicle instead of risk needing to redo the work of reapproving the financing.

Meaning my not having completed the finance portion might be delaying the order? I don't mind doing it right away... just didn't want the nonsense of a second hard pull on credit history (which seemed to be the basis for the "wait" advice I've read everywhere) if it ran long. Rock solid credit, so no concerns - but I also don't like getting dinged for nothing even if I have plenty of "headroom" for rating agency nonsense. :)

I might be entirely wrong, so open to guidance here.

Thanks for the input @digid80 - definitely staying positive about it! How's it been in the new ride? I'm chomping at the bit to join you all!
@aroncbrown I promise it was worth the wait. It is hands down the smoothest driving vehicle I have ever owned. I dropped it off this morning to get Tint and I ended up driving my truck into work and it felt like I took a step back in time lol. I just can't explain how amazing it is to drive the car and OMG the sound system !!!!

Meaning my not having completed the finance portion might be delaying the order? I don't mind doing it right away... just didn't want the nonsense of a second hard pull on credit history (which seemed to be the basis for the "wait" advice I've read everywhere) if it ran long. Rock solid credit, so no concerns - but I also don't like getting dinged for nothing even if I have plenty of "headroom" for rating agency nonsense. :)

I certainly don't know how Tesla operates, and likely no one else that will answer you on the forums does either. I do know that Tesla ultimately pays for any extra work they need to do if reapproving financing is needed. Certainly there is a cost to you as well if pulling your credit again is needed.

Just tell your SA you're paying for cash. They can change it when you get your Vin like I did.