Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, my first Tesla delivery experience didn’t go as planned. Unfortunately I had to reject delivery of my Blue Model 3 Performance. The charge port cover was sticking out way more than the model 3 next to me and also fairly loose. The passenger side rear window trim was also damaged significantly. It was really hard to reject my dream car, but I know these issues would drive me crazy and I didn’t want to just hear “in spec“ when trying to get it repaired. If anyone in LA wants this build and doesn’t mind the defects it should be available soon in inventory for Marina Del Rey! Hopefully better luck next time!

Attachments

• F67F72FD-201E-4CEE-8427-DB991A2DF418.jpeg
    F67F72FD-201E-4CEE-8427-DB991A2DF418.jpeg
    440.8 KB · Views: 92
Reactions: nyudoc04
Well, my first Tesla delivery experience didn’t go as planned. Unfortunately I had to reject delivery of my Blue Model 3 Performance. The charge port cover was sticking out way more than the model 3 next to me and also fairly loose. The passenger side rear window trim was also damaged significantly. It was really hard to reject my dream car, but I know these issues would drive me crazy and I didn’t want to just hear “in spec“ when trying to get it repaired. If anyone in LA wants this build and doesn’t mind the defects it should be available soon in inventory for Marina Del Rey! Hopefully better luck next time!
That's crazy! Reading this thread has me constantly reminding myself that "Those with issues are the most vocal. For everyone with an issue there are 10 happy customers driving around" as it is making me worried for my own delivery.

With damage like that, I'd have thought they would repair them before putting it back into the inventory? When is your new EDD?

Personally I have an EDD of August 22 - August 31. Currently it's 12:15PM August 23 here in Melbourne, Australia. I haven't heard anything yet. When do you expect to get "Schedule delivery" notifications? I have paid the final invoice (which as a VIN listed on it).

Edit: Called them. They say my car is en route to the SC with an ETA of August 25 @ 6PM, so expect a schedule delivery notification either today or tomorrow for earliest collection August 26.

Last edited:
Reactions: flyhigh
I think you made the right choice. Keep in mind, I have not received my car let alone my VIN, however if my delivery date has a car with a window damage that was similar to what you showed I would have rejected it as well.

Ugh. This has been maddening. Ordered 7/28 and have been stuck on a 8/24-9/13 EDD window for two weeks with no changes and no VIN. I called the SA and they said nothing was pending (no financing, cancelled my trade-in). I guess I just keep refreshing and hope for the best.

That's crazy! Reading this thread has me constantly reminding myself that "Those with issues are the most vocal. For everyone with an issue there are 10 happy customers driving around" as it is making me worried for my own delivery.

With damage like that, I'd have thought they would repair them before putting it back into the inventory? When is your new EDD?

Personally I have an EDD of August 22 - August 31. Currently it's 12:15PM August 23 here in Melbourne, Australia. I haven't heard anything yet. When do you expect to get "Schedule delivery" notifications? I have paid the final invoice (which as a VIN listed on it).

Edit: Called them. They say my car is en route to the SC with an ETA of August 25 @ 6PM, so expect a schedule delivery notification either today or tomorrow for earliest collection August 26.
I too ordered another one after Tesla bought back my car (Tesla spent almost 2 months trying to fix various issues). I'm hoping the replacement isn't like the first one.