Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anybody with ATL pick up have deliveries scheduled for next week? I ordered a blue/white M3P on Aug 14, VIN Aug 17, and EDD Aug 27-Sep 2. Still no call or text from Tesla. I have done everything up until paying final down payment. I am trying to get in contact with an SA so I can send the dealer fund request from USAA but nothing so far.

Anybody with ATL pick up have deliveries scheduled for next week? I ordered a blue/white M3P on Aug 14, VIN Aug 17, and EDD Aug 27-Sep 2. Still no call or text from Tesla. I have done everything up until paying final down payment. I am trying to get in contact with an SA so I can send the dealer fund request from USAA but nothing so far.

After a couple days of trying finally got someone on the phone who gave me a straight answer. I can bring funding request form to delivery day, I can pay down-payment after inspection of vehicle, and I should be contacted today or tomorrow about delivery scheduling. Car is currently in transit set to arrive 9/1! I sure hope everything goes smoothly from here on out!

Reactions: jkylekiser
Just providing my update: From Maryland, with P/U in Tysons, VA.

5-Aug: Re-ordered the same M3P in White/Black as my 2019.

EDD bounced all over the place from 24-Aug to 22-Sept

Finally, settled 3 days ago w/ and EDD of 4-Sept to 14-Sept

Still no Vin.

Have had an X on order Since July.

No preferential treatment here.

I'd say you're getting close! Unfortunately after my 8/28-9/5 changed to 4-6 weeks, it's now 9/2-9/12 and has been since Friday....
Well - today was the day - received VIN at around 3:30PM, financing is secured and Insurance updated as required here in Texas. EDD is now 9/2-9/8. Hoping I can take delivery before the Labor Day weekend!

We’re on the same truck, compadre! Got mine this afternoon as well for Houston delivery!
If you call Tesla order support they can give you more info now that you have the VIN. I got mine and EDD says 8/24-8/30. Called them and they told me it was set to arrive in AZ on Friday, takes a day to inspect, and would be ready either Sunday or Monday. I was able to plan PPF/Tint appointment, insurance start date, etc. without an actual delivery schedule text from Tesla.

Well I reached out to the sales center and was a bit disappointed. I asked about a more refined timeline and was told that I likely wouldn’t receive my order (M3P, W/B, FSD) until October. I explained that I ordered on 8/3 and that my EDD stated 9/23 at the latest. He said it was possible my car would be built by then but it wouldn’t be ready to be picked up until the first part of October. There is no way to accurately predict anything with these things. Lol

picking up my white / white M3P tomorrow after work.

got some mixed emotions no else wants to hear me go on about it so I'm dropping my thoughts here:

on the minus side, not looking forward to:
1. first "expensive" new car in a while, last expensive car I had was a 2004 Subaru STi which I bought new,
so I am still trying to wrap my mind around how big a drop in value a car like this can have, 6-8+k per year will be tough to take.
2. seeing the new best thing show up. IMHO this is the beginning of the next leap; in 3-5 years everyone will have e-cars, and 2021 M3P ain't going to be as special (but it will still be mine and I am sure I will grow attached to it)

on the plus side, I am looking forward to:
1. the performance and handling as a daily driver
2. the TACC (and AutoSteer) on my commute. My current Subaru has "eyesight" but it is a little more primitive than TACC
3. tracking the car, getting to play with the amount of "driver aid" and really getting a chance to use its full performance.
4. winter driving. the AWD is supposed to be fantastic.
5. doing donuts in the winter (I got the performance to help with that) so dumb but so fun
6. no more standing outside in winter (or summer) fueling.
7. pre-warming / cooling car before getting in.
8. OPD. Just seems like it will be something I will find fun.

A few years ago I was thinking "one more car, and then the self-driving taxis will be here" I still think they are making slow steady progress, but probably 2 cars out. This will likely be my last high-performance car though. I'm all right with that. I figure once all the self-driving cars are here, I can get a e-motorcycle and not worry about someone killing me.