Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got my automated confirmation call for tomorrow morning's pickup a bit ago. Waiting for my documents to appear for signing. Pretty jazzed.

8/16 reservation, 8/23 VIN, 9/7-9/9 delivery choice (chose 9/9 for personal schedule reasons). White/white M3P in Virginia w/o FSD.

Yesterday was the day! I had my delivery appointment schedule for 10AM but the SC called me as my car was late in transit from Dallas to Houston. Luckily, the representative I talked to lived close to me so she drove my car to my house at 6:30PM.

A quick once-over and honestly all looks good. Going to do a thorough check before end of day just in case.

I’ll check back with more photos after tint is installed on Friday!

Attachments

• 28FB9A54-36FE-44E7-9831-362FBA7930E5.jpeg
    28FB9A54-36FE-44E7-9831-362FBA7930E5.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 110
  • 4EAB67BD-FB07-4515-AEB6-340B600B08BC.jpeg
    4EAB67BD-FB07-4515-AEB6-340B600B08BC.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 76
Quoting you guys for record. I feel like my Midnight Silver keeps getting pushed. Ordered 7-26 and still no VIN...
They are east coast, you are west coast. They will most likely get theirs before you or at the same time. Tesla fills overseas orders first, then work east coast to west coast. West coast is filled last. Basically they try to aim for everyone to receive their vehicle right before the end of quarter (End of september). If they fill west coast orders first, the shipping times would mean less sold cars by end of the month. I ordered my midnight silver 8/22 and probably have the same EDD as you. Closer you are to factory longer you wait. There are people on east coast receiving their VINs within a few days of their orders right now. I did see some people in Texas getting their VINs though so I would assume you are soon to come.

Reactions: Waiting4Hyori
They are east coast, you are west coast. They will most likely get theirs before you or at the same time. Tesla fills overseas orders first, then work east coast to west coast. West coast is filled last. Basically they try to aim for everyone to receive their vehicle right before the end of quarter (End of september). If they fill west coast orders first, the shipping times would mean less sold cars by end of the month. I ordered my midnight silver 8/22 and probably have the same EDD as you. Closer you are to factory longer you wait. There are people on east coast receiving their VINs within a few days of their orders right now. I did see some people in Texas getting their VINs though so I would assume you are soon to come.

I saw the article and I understand the logic. I've just seen a few a little closer to NV taking delivery with later order dates (AZ, CO and UT) but I'm sure it's circumstantial. Cancellation, different color combo...

Silver lining, my wheels should be done by the time the car arrives :)

Reactions: Trekker_
I saw the article and I understand the logic. I've just seen a few a little closer to NV taking delivery with later order dates (AZ, CO and UT) but I'm sure it's circumstantial. Cancellation, different color combo...

Silver lining, my wheels should be done by the time the car arrives :)
I'm with you. I ordered 3000 worth of parts 2 weeks ago (4 week back order on half the parts) and have another 600 im gonna buy as soon as I know delivery date(no backorder). I wanted to order wheels but my girlfriend likes the uberturbines and I'm on the fence. Plus trying to set an appointment for tint same day or next day (depending on delivery time) for full tinting. I went to RPM Tesla and they won't go lower than 20% because I guess they had a couple back glasses crack when sitting in the sun with limo. Owner let me sit in his car and I think 20% roof, limo on side windows and 30% windshield is best bet.

Reactions: JLUNDY
Yesterday was the day! I had my delivery appointment schedule for 10AM but the SC called me as my car was late in transit from Dallas to Houston. Luckily, the representative I talked to lived close to me so she drove my car to my house at 6:30PM.

A quick once-over and honestly all looks good. Going to do a thorough check before end of day just in case.

Congrats man! Very nice ride in black. I accept delivery tomorrow evening. Hey, maybe I’ll see you cruising around Houston sometime….I’ll be in a white model.

Reactions: aroncbrown

Wow, beautiful car! Congratulations!

Reactions: aroncbrown
I see a lot of people with their delivery appointment already scheduled, usually around 9/20-30. My EDD is still showing 9/21-30, but I haven't received the "please select a day for your delivery" text or email yet. Is this normal? Or should I start panicking? Thank you :)

I see a lot of people with their delivery appointment already scheduled, usually around 9/20-30. My EDD is still showing 9/21-30, but I haven't received the "please select a day for your delivery" text or email yet. Is this normal? Or should I start panicking? Thank you :)
My range is 9/13-9/30 with no VIN or EDD. I think it’s normal. Suspect you will get your VIN closer to 9/20 the delivery closer to end of month.

Order placed: 8.28
Model: white exterior, black interior / LFP, SR+
VIN Provided: Uncertain, but a day or two after order placement
EDD: 9/11-9/16
Current Status: Car is in pre-production.. which is strange, given a VIN is assigned.

Any insight into a pre-production VIN assignment? I'm not holding my breath for a 9/11-9/16 delivery.

I'm with you. I ordered 3000 worth of parts 2 weeks ago (4 week back order on half the parts) and have another 600 im gonna buy as soon as I know delivery date(no backorder). I wanted to order wheels but my girlfriend likes the uberturbines and I'm on the fence. Plus trying to set an appointment for tint same day or next day (depending on delivery time) for full tinting. I went to RPM Tesla and they won't go lower than 20% because I guess they had a couple back glasses crack when sitting in the sun with limo. Owner let me sit in his car and I think 20% roof, limo on side windows and 30% windshield is best bet.

Of course after complaining I get a VIN this AM. Pickup scheduled for Wednesday. Looks like my wheels wont be done lol.