Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Received an e-mail "we want your money", and got a VIN too (red, black interior). Ordered on 08/18. Delivery window is Sep 22-26 (do they really deliver on Sundays?)
Congratulations. I have same spec.

Got my VIN this evening as well & have same delivery window. I didn’t get the email(s) though.

I heard they do not deliver on Sundays, at least at my delivery center. Which means I am guessing my date will be 9/24-9/25.

To provide insight to those who have not received VIN or delivery text.

Received VIN on 9/21
EDD at that time updated to 9/22-9/26.

Received text to schedule delivery on 9/22 at ~9AM. Was provided only two days to select from (9/24 and 9/25) but with about 5 time slots per day to pick from.

My SA looked up my account early and gave me the heads up production date was 9/21. Based on my (limited) experience it appears the production date is the date you would get your VIN. I believe this is referred to a “soft production date”.

Just got my VIN!

Order date: Sept 03
VIN date: Sept 22
Current EDD: Sept 22 - Sept 27

I emailed my SA, who is saying to expect delivery around Oct 08, and I should get a text to schedule delivery in 1-3 weeks. This seems odd and runs counter to what I expect from all the posts here. Has anyone had a similar experience?

Just got my VIN!

Order date: Sept 03
VIN date: Sept 22
Current EDD: Sept 22 - Sept 27

I emailed my SA, who is saying to expect delivery around Oct 08, and I should get a text to schedule delivery in 1-3 weeks. This seems odd and runs counter to what I expect from all the posts here. Has anyone had a similar experience?
Ordered in September? I have yet to get a vin and I ordered 8/22. Does seem very odd for Oct delivery

Yeah wtf lol Did you get the September text? I didn't... I'm wondering If I am not getting a car because of that. If I don't I'm gonna be a little butthurt because I almost bought one of the DEMO models that posted the other day but decided against it
No September text. I almost switched to a B/W demo and now it's gone too. I see people in LV getting VINs, so maybe I'm next? Yeah, dream on.

There was a MSM/black with 794 miles posted. Only difference was it had FSD which mine doesn't. I plan on buying it anyways. Sucks if I missed out on that AND don't get my VIN for september
I have put up with a lot of crazy, but really never untying like this. It's hard to understand why Tesla has not upped its game in this area. Some other company will come a long and peel off a lot of customers.

Got my VIN today! Called Tesla in Burbank, who told me to expect text for DELIVERY to my house to be by Friday most likely, and latest by Monday. They usually don't deliver on Sundays, but right now for close of quarter they are delivering 7 days a week.

So yours should be any minute now...
And my the final spec sheet shows my vehicle has 15 miles on the odometer. Lol - stop driving my car!