Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
M3P white with black interior to west coast of Canada.
10/14 Ordered with EDD: 10/26-11/23
10/25 new EDD: 10/28-11/09
10/28 new EDD 10/31-11/23
10/28 new EDD 10/31-11/04 (ok’d vision agreement)
10/29 - received email that I can schedule pickup for Nov 6. Able to see my VIN in the source code. Still a 2021 model year, so I’m going to wait a bit longer for a 22.
Nice, congrats! Pretty quick order turn around for you. At least you can already schedule pick up. Mine's in limbo and no one's reached out to me to schedule pick up with a 5 day EDD window.

I don't think the potential tax credits would apply for the performance. I had thought the purchase limit was going to be 55k...
That’s what’s in the draft, but It’s hard to say what the final version will be until it’s final. I really hope that’s not how it turns out because then the performance will be $18k over the LR, and you’ll actually be able to get a Model Y Performance for about $6k less than a Model 3 Performance.

That’s what’s in the draft, but It’s hard to say what the final version will be until it’s final. I really hope that’s not how it turns out because then the performance will be $18k over the LR, and you’ll actually be able to get a Model Y Performance for about $6k less than a Model 3 Performance.
I can actually see Tesla raising the prices again to maybe offset the tax credit...I would have probably waited but I needed a car before EoY. I could always just put more money in crypto or the market to off set my possible loss on missing out on the tax credit.

Reactions: Y@Trox
I can actually see Tesla raising the prices again to maybe offset the tax credit...I would have probably waited but I needed a car before EoY. I could always just put more money in crypto or the market to off set my possible loss on missing out on the tax credit.
That’s kind of why I’m on the fence. Can lock in the price now and delay delivery and potentially come out better than somebody who just waits to order until after whatever credits are announced.

M3P white with black interior to west coast of Canada.
10/14 Ordered with EDD: 10/26-11/23
10/25 new EDD: 10/28-11/09
10/28 new EDD 10/31-11/23
10/28 new EDD 10/31-11/04 (ok’d vision agreement)
10/29 - received email that I can schedule pickup for Nov 6. Able to see my VIN in the source code. Still a 2021 model year, so I’m going to wait a bit longer for a 22.
Can I see my VIN even if I haven't gotten it yet? If so where can I find it? or do I have to wait for my agreement button to turn blue?

Guess I wasn’t following that. So they didn’t honor the reservation price even if you didn’t ask for a delay in delivery?
From my understanding, it wasn't really associated with delaying delivery since they had a longer delivery time frame. Around the time the price increase was released, individuals were given an option in their account to accept the price increase to keep their reservation or receive their deposit back. Their order wouldn't "move along" unless they agreed to the terms.

Can I see my VIN even if I haven't gotten it yet? If so where can I find it? or do I have to wait for my agreement button to turn blue?
I couldn’t see it until after I got the email to schedule pickup. It wasn’t there after just accepting the vision agreement. To find it you right click on the page in your account on the tesla website that shows your EDD, go to view source code. Then do a find for 5YJ since all tesla vins start with those three letters.

Reactions: empireavian
Received my third delivery change this morning. Two changes two days in a row. Maybe trying to push cars out ahead of the Reconciliation Bill passing. I imagine a lot of people will hold orders till 2022.
M3P Red/Black no FSD Ohio
Original EDD: 10/29/21 - 11/26/21
Second EDD: 11/19/2021 - 12/17/2021 (Updated 10/29/2021)
Third EDD: 11/12/2021 - 11/25/2021 (Updated 10/30/2021)

Received my third delivery change this morning. Two changes two days in a row. Maybe trying to push cars out ahead of the Reconciliation Bill passing. I imagine a lot of people will hold orders till 2022.
M3P Red/Black no FSD Ohio
Original EDD: 10/29/21 - 11/26/21
Second EDD: 11/19/2021 - 12/17/2021 (Updated 10/29/2021)
Third EDD: 11/12/2021 - 11/25/2021 (Updated 10/30/2021)
I’ve had my EDD change 4 times now. It was originally 10/18-10/23 after I received my purchase agreement. It’s been a rolling five days since then (would change when it missed the minimum delivery date). Now it’s pushed out a whole week. They said my car was being delivered by rail and they couldn’t track it…

Is everybody in here planning to accept delivery asap? I’m on the fence due to the potential for tax credits come 1/1/22.
Model 3 Performance looks to be officially out for any rebates...lame. Thinking of changing my order from a performance to a LR and buy the performance boost. Thoughts? I see a lot of posts on this thread who sell their LR for a performance. Why is that? Styling, faster acceleration, handling?? Also considering a Model Y Performance as it will qualify for $8000 off sticker making it cheaper than a Model 3 Performance. Really wanted a sedan though to do some autocross with. Model Y seems unfit for the track plus I prefer the look of the 3 vs Y. Help!!!! Thoughts please.