Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What do you do if you’re out of town for the holidays when the “delivery text” comes? Has anyone had to tell Tesla to hold the car in the lot for a week while you’re out of town for the holidays?
Pretty sure from what everyone says is that if you can’t take it in a 3 day window they give up your car to someone else and you have to wait for a new car to be matched when you can take it

Pretty sure from what everyone says is that if you can’t take it in a 3 day window they give up your car to someone else and you have to wait for a new car to be matched when you can take it
I’ll update you with what they say tomorrow 😉 I need to have this conversation with my SA. I got the Vision agreement so I’m anticipating the text to schedule soon. I ordered 10/7. I didn’t expect to still be waiting. I’ve had Christmas and New Year’s plans for 4 months now.

Reactions: HarpoonS
I’ll update you with what they say tomorrow 😉 I need to have this conversation with my SA. I got the Vision agreement so I’m anticipating the text to schedule soon. I ordered 10/7. I didn’t expect to still be waiting. I’ve had Christmas and New Year’s plans for 4 months now.
Definitely strange an OHIO order that early in Q4 is getting delivery so late, I’m sorry for your luck in this situation!

Definitely strange an OHIO order that early in Q4 is getting delivery so late, I’m sorry for your luck in this situation!
Yeah it’s been difficult trying to plan for delivery. No idea when I was to expect it. Others had been getting them relatively quickly. I ended up making holiday plans. So now I’m supposed to drop what I’m doing because Tesla got it figured out? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Guess we’ll find out tomorrow

Merry Christmas to me! I just ordered my M3P 5 minutes ago.
welcome_to_the_jc27bb.0.jpg

You may be able to have them deliver it directly to your house. You do not have to be there to receive it. You can even ask them to put it in your driveway for you.

You may be able to have them deliver it directly to your house. You do not have to be there to receive it. You can even ask them to put it in your driveway for you.
This might be an option if they allow them to accept delivery without being present since they are the registered owner of the vehicle. Tesla have to release liability and I’m unsure if they’ll allow them to fix any issues with the vehicle as they traditionally do.

This might be an option if they allow them to accept delivery without being present since they are the registered owner of the vehicle. Tesla have to release liability and I’m unsure if they’ll allow them to fix any issues with the vehicle as they traditionally do.
I believe they release it when you haver met all requirements and accept delivery on the app. The touchless delivery option they gave me specifically said I do not have to be present when the car arrives and there is a box for instructions (i.e. put it in the driveway or whatever specifics are needed for your situation). The keys and other material will be inside the car, which you will unlock using the app.

Reactions: SPACE_EX
This is true, however, if you did vehicle registration through them, you'll have to sign and drop off UPS envelope within 24 hrs. If you selected to handle registration on your own, then you're good for delivery.

Reactions: Physh
So there I am sitting on a conference call when a text comes through from a number I do not recognize. I grab my phone and, sure enough, it is the VIN assignment text! I immediately open the app and am greeted with the "we are making changes to your account" message. So I log into my account on my computer and am prompted with the Vision Agreement.

Now I see my VIN in my account but it is not yet showing in the app. Further, my EDD is still sitting at Jan 17 - Feb 14. Anyone know when I might see the VIN in the app and see the EDD change?

Last edited: