Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Had no VIN yesterday, and now I log in and see that I have my delivery scheduled for tomorrow at 2pm in Fremont. I'm currently on the other side of the country, so that isn't going to happen. :) Weirdly, my MYP that I ordered at the same time and was saying Jan-Feb up until today now says 12/27-12/31 (though no VIN yet), so hopefully I can pick them up at the same time somehow.

We received our vin this morning. We ordered last week expecting delivery in February. is there any down side to accepting this car so early? I'm worried someone else denied this car or it possible will not be totally up to date with any new changes.
Chances are you moved up from canceled orders and they are trying to stuff as many deliveries as possible in before the end of the year. IMO there really is no reason to wait.

** Final Timeline Rundown **
- M3P White w/Black interior no FSD (Irvine, CA Delivery Location - Home delivery)
- Ordered 10/24 and had delivery on hold - Removed hold on 11/10
- EDD updates
- Jan-Feb 2022 after hold release
- 11/29-12/27 (Day after hold release)
- 12/2-12/27 (Updated late Nov)
- 12/9-12/31 (Updated on 12/6)
- 12/19-12/31 (Updated on 12/9)
- 12/14-12/28 (Updated on 12/12)
- 12/14 Received text asking if I wanted a December delivery or pushed into next year (I chose December)
- 12/17-12/29 (Updated on 12/15)
- 12/20-12/30 (Updated on 12/17)
- VIN assigned! (12/19) I did not get a text or e-mail about the VIN. I just noticed it on the Tesla site. EDD has not changed (12/20-12/30)
- Delivery changed to home delivery per Tesla's request and scheduled for 12/22 (Scheduled on 12/20)
- Delivered earlier than expected on 12/22. They did not put it in the driveway as I requested. I was home though so no worries.

Attachments

• Car 2.jpg
    Car 2.jpg
    695.6 KB · Views: 74
Chances are you moved up from canceled orders and they are trying to stuff as many deliveries as possible in before the end of the year. IMO there really is no reason to wait.
I hear there are still hopefuls on the tax bill coming back to life next year and thinking it could be retroactive back to Jan 1, 2022. If a change was made to increase the sedan cap to match the other vehicle types that could potentially be a $8000 decision to put delivery off another couple weeks. I mean what’s the difference in getting it the last week of the year or the first or second week of the new year.

Reactions: 011Charger
I hear there are still hopefuls on the tax bill coming back to life next year and thinking it could be retroactive back to Jan 1, 2022. If a change was made to increase the sedan cap to match the other vehicle types that could potentially be a $8000 decision to put delivery off another couple weeks. I mean what’s the difference in getting it the last week of the year or the first or second week of the new year.
IMO Manchin is making it pretty clear that bill will not go through. At least not without being severely downgraded, which would likely eliminated the EV credit that are clearly no longer needed to move the industry. Anything is possible of course, but my money is on the no-EV credit bet. (Literally since I could have pushed my delivery out)

It’s perfect everyone. No gaps, no fit and finish issues, no paint issues. Absolutely leagues ahead of my M3LR from 2020, feels like it was built by a new company entirely. I’m not even sure I need to schedule service for anything at all 😭🥺
I was not so lucky. There are definitely some gaps and uneven panels that need to be adjusted. The doors need to be adjusted as well (The front door rattle quite a bit when closing) and the windshield is significantly lower on the passenger side than it is on the drivers side. I already setup an appointment for Monday to see if they can adjust everything.

IMO Manchin is making it pretty clear that bill will not go through. At least not without being severely downgraded, which would likely eliminated the EV credit that are clearly no longer needed to move the industry. Anything is possible of course, but my money is on the no-EV credit bet. (Literally since I could have pushed my delivery out)
I have delivery scheduled Dec 29 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I posted this yesterday in another thread. This seems to be highly unusual with respect to the speed of everything.

M3P Midnight Silver w/ black interior
OD = 12/5
Delivery to Raleigh, NC
Delivery date on website upon ordering = Dec 2021
1st EDD (one day after ordering) = Feb 2022
2nd EDD (12/7) = Dec 24-31, 2021
3rd EDD (12/8) = Dec 25-29, 2021 - VIN Assigned (within 3 days of ordering)
12/12 (one week after ordering) = Delivery Appointment Assigned for 12/27

Receiving my first Tesla within 22 days of ordering!!
I can’t even explain my excitement.
Final update: taking delivery on 12/23…18 days after order date!

Reactions: The Meal
Blue w/ white interior no FSD
OD: 12/1/21 (only delivery estimate was December on the website when I ordered)
First EDD update on 12/5 = 12/18-12/31
Second EDD update on 12/12 = 12/13-12/24
Third EDD update on 12/14 = 12/15-12/31
Evening of 12/14 received text for VIN assignment along of vision agreement EDD still showing 12/15-12/31
Morning of 12/15 received text to schedule delivery - scheduled for 12/16 11am
12/16 AM get to delivery center, car does not appear to have been detailed before hand is very dirty. During initial inspection found several smaller scuffs/scratches but a pretty significant paint scrape on driver side door. (picture attached). Talked to delivery advisor about options and was told 1. reject delivery 2. take delivery and schedule appointment with body shop myself 3. defer delivery until Tesla takes vehicle to body shop to get it fixed. Ultimately, delivery advisor recommended to reject delivery after finding couple other defects.
IMG_5932.jpeg

Evening of 12/16 received new EDD (4th update) 12/16-12/20
12/17am received 5th EDD 12/18-12/31
12/17pm received 6th EDD 12/19-12/27
12/17pm shortly after new EDD, was checking my Tesla Account when I noticed new VIN assigned (no text) EDD remained 12/19-12/27
12/19pm received 7th EDD 12/21-12/27
12/20am received text to schedule delivery, scheduled for 12/20 pm
Right before heading to Tesla delivery center, received email/call that this new car also has a "paint defect on C-pillar that is through the clear coat and would need to be repainted." By this time, I am very frustrated as seriously? A second car with paint defect!? Nevertheless, I wanted to come and see the defect for myself prior to taking delivery. I was given the same options as before but ultimately decided to take delivery as I felt this "defect" was small and acceptable enough. Also, there is no guarantee that if I rejected this delivery the third VIN would be better.
Screen Shot 2021-12-23 at 12.52.59 AM.png

Took delivery on 12/20.

Overall, pretty happy with the vehicle and the fact that my order to delivery was honestly quicker than expected, especially considering this was my second VIN. But at the same time, I really wish these "exceptions" did not have to be made as Tesla is still charging premium prices. I am coming from BMWs/Audis/Mercedes in the past and most recent car was a 2020 BMW M340i. I wanted to try an electric vehicle and honestly, I am enjoying the "instant torque" and the one pedal driving. Just wish the quality control was a bit better and up to par as other "luxury" vehicles. This vehicle also had a tear in the interior headliner that would have to be replaced. Service appointment already scheduled.

IMG_5976.jpeg

Reactions: gvme and The Meal