Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Where's your delivery location? I reached out to my delivery spot and they seemed pretty confident I'd get it, but no guarantee. He said they'll be taking deliveries up through midnight on the 31st. He said it might turn out that my car gets built and sent out that day, so I shouldn't stress even if I don't see a VIN tomorrow.
Burbank, but it was in the mall parking lot.

What does the chip do so much better exactly? I’m also pretty sure they’ll offer it for like $2500 down the line
It's not just "the chip" though. There are a slew of other changes that come along with the AMD Ryzen MCU. There is also a new Li-ion battery instead of the 12V lead battery. There is laminated glass for the rear doors. There is a new connectivity card. You get a SUPER horn lol. There is a better windshield washer pump. There will be an additional side airbag on the driver's side. A few tweaks and changes to the seat mechanisms and seat latches. The brakes will have upgraded pads. Lastly there is a change to the camera/vision system used for AutoPark. So you see, it's much more than just "the chip". Talk about feels bad to miss out on all these changes by a week or two.

Alright picking up my car tonight.

Checked the website this morning and there was a red/white performance just sitting in Seattle. I had blue/white but red/white was my second choice so not too big of a deal.

Gave them a call and asked why the car is available. Said wasn’t rejected or anything and literally just arrived the day prior. I also asked about my current config and was told MAYBE end of January now.

The processor was a question but I’m not waiting a few more months with my current cars clutch slipping. I’ll just upgrade it later if it’s such a big difference.

Anyways, there’s my speed run lol.
Congrats you finally got one. I picked mine up from Renton earlier and just got home. Love it

Hey M3P peeps, I created a Google form / spreadsheet to track the VIN -> MCU version for December and onwards deliveries. Please take a moment to submit this form once you take delivery: 2022 Tesla Updates Tracker

Results can be viewed here: 2022 Tesla Updates Tracker (Responses)

Feel free to share this around or make edits to the spreadsheet - it's globally editable. I've got a M3P on order so I'm interested to see what MCU version deliveries are coming with!

Reactions: Suns and jc_52
Hey M3P peeps, I created a Google form / spreadsheet to track the VIN -> MCU version for December and onwards deliveries. Please take a moment to submit this form once you take delivery: 2022 Tesla Updates Tracker

Results can be viewed here: 2022 Tesla Updates Tracker (Responses)

Feel free to share this around or make edits to the spreadsheet - it's globally editable. I've got a M3P on order so I'm interested to see what MCU version deliveries are coming with!
I can’t edit (don’t have the app) but adding which country they live in would be relevant

I need info on 131000 ASAP. TIA.
I only placed my order three days ago for an EDD of February. Suddenly last night I received my VIN for a delivery ranging from December 31 to January 7. As this is my third rodeo (M3 and MY), I recognized a cancellation making a car available. Not a hard choice to just kiss $250 goodbye and wait for the new MCU, etc. I have a perfectly good model Y to drive in the meantime. I just keep giving these cars to family members for their safety.

I do. My appointment has been cancelled. Its a canned message. "We're prioritizing your car" is bs so dont hold out hope. Until they give a VIN those dates dont mean anything.
Yeah, I wasn't really buying the whole priority thing. I saw someone else got a new EDD of January 1-10, but mine just reverted back to the 30 or 31st. I'm a little annoyed that the rep I spoke to basically said I should plan around the new appointment a couple hours before the cancellation text.

I only placed my order three days ago for an EDD of February. Suddenly last night I received my VIN for a delivery ranging from December 31 to January 7. As this is my third rodeo (M3 and MY), I recognized a cancellation making a car available. Not a hard choice to just kiss $250 goodbye and wait for the new MCU, etc. I have a perfectly good model Y to drive in the meantime. I just keep giving these cars to family members for their safety.
Must be nice getting a VIN so soon. I placed an order Nov 26 and still no vin.