Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My understanding is that vehicles coming out of the Fremont plant won’t have the upgrades until 2Q22 but who knows what the truth is. Still waiting on my VIN but hopeful now that there seems to be some VINs breaking loose on this forum.

Taking with a grain of salt, but a user on reddit says their SA says an email stated cars manufactured after 1/11 include ryzen

Hmm wonder if you get a vin today if that means the car was already built? or is still in the process of being built. This is sure is more exciting than the waiting game I am having with our C8 order lol
I’ve been told the VIN is created when the car is 90% complete. Not sure if that synchs up with everyone’s app or text notification timing but that’s what I’ve been told.

Pushed back. Original dates were 1/9-2/6 now it’s been pushed back. Before the new year you could get these things in like 3 weeks. Now it seems like it’s taking forever but my only guess is that they are updating things someway somehow. I’m in Charlotte

View attachment 754429
I have the same configuration on order, red/white P, no VA. Recently went from EDD 3/4–3/30 to EDD 2/4-3/4. Hoping for Ryzen chip and dual pane rear glass.

Reactions: TElderJr05
Everybody has their own circumstances and priorities, hence, I do not think that in this forum we can or should convince people one way or the other. Some are fine with the current (old) chip, some are not, and some are indifferent. So right now there is an opportunity for those who can put a hold on their deliveries to get the new chip. If you are in that camp, go for it. Some want the car ASAP regardless of the chip, so go for it. No need to argue IMO.

(moderator note)

I happen to agree with this 100% (that this type of thing is personal choice, and there is no reason for anyone to try to "convince" others about their stance on the usefulness, or lack of, this or any other upgrade).

While discussion of whether the cars have a particular upgrade or other is on topic of a waiting room thread, why someone wants or doesnt care about any of these upgrades is not.

I would invite people wanting to have that particular discussion to have it in the thread for model year 2022 changes:

By "invite" I mean "move any discussion related to need or lack of need of these features to that thread or start another one on that topic". Posts made on the topic of need / not need, after this post, will be moved to another thread.

Thanks

(moderator note)

This note that I posted in the LR AWD and SR+ waiting room threads also applies here. Discussion on "does my car have this chip" is ok in this thread, discussion on why or why not someone wants to wait, etc is not for this thread and should be directed to the thread I mentioned in the quote above.