Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Same order date as you. EDD has been 1/15-2/12 since the beginning. I’ll be pretty upset if it gets pushed out like yours. I don’t currently have a daily driver and carpooling with the wife can only go on for so long.
Well…woke up to an EDD pushback.

Order Date: 12/26
Original EDD: 1/15-2/12
New EDD: 1/28 - 2/23

My SA said late last week that my build date was slotted for 1/24 with pickup in the Dallas area on 2/6 or 2/7 so I’ll have to check with him tomorrow to see if those pieces have changes. Obviously no VIN at this time.

(Moderator note)

There is an attempt by @MR F to help find out when and if model 3 owners start to take delivery of model 3s with the ryzen chipset. That thread is here:

If you take delivery of a model 3 with the ryzen chipset, please post in that thread.

Please note. That thread is NOT a discussion thread on ryzen chipset, why someone should or shouldnt wait, or "My SA said I my vin I pick up in Feb will have it". It is ONLY for "I took (past tense) delivery of my model 3 SR+ / LR / P with ryzen chipset On X date.

If you took (past tense) delivery of a model 3 with ryzen chipset, please consider letting others know the date, and configuration of your car in the above thread per the request from @MR F in the first thread.

Thanks

This forum has been very helpful so figured I'd post my status and updates for anyone buying now and in the future.

MSM M3P
Tesla order page Delivery Date Estimate (Feb 2022)
OD 1/6
EDD 2/25-3/25
Update on 1/17. I think Tesla is tracking my phone because I called on a 2022 M3P at a dealership close by this morning they had. Hour later I checked my Tesla App and my delivery date got bumped up 14 days.

New EDD 2/11-3/11

Well…woke up to an EDD pushback.

Order Date: 12/26
Original EDD: 1/15-2/12
New EDD: 1/28 - 2/23

My SA said late last week that my build date was slotted for 1/24 with pickup in the Dallas area on 2/6 or 2/7 so I’ll have to check with him tomorrow to see if those pieces have changes. Obviously no VIN at this time.
Spoke to my SA yesterday. Said that although my EDD window has moved, the car is still scheduled to be fully built by 1/24 and available for pick up 2/6 or 2/7. Tried to convince the wife to let me get a Model S Long Range that was available but she balked at the extra cost. Can’t say I blame her given that she let me buy a GT3 but it would have been nice to have the extra room in the S.

I wonder if we will be in the same batch of MSM (being that we have the same order date) and that the only difference in our EDD is the travel to Florida vs Texas.
Who knows. i had a virtual chat with someone from ”Inside Sales” today inquiring about timing and it was a waste of time. The person actually typed that Tesla needs its workers to work faster so I can get my car sooner. And that helps me how? Oh well, I came into this expecting to be let down by Tesla‘s sales and support function so I’m not surprised. Clearly there is a supply/demand imbalance so they either have to bring on more capacity (Austin plant) or increase prices to pull back demand. instead they are choosing to leave prices relatively steady creating a nice backlog the they can flaunt to the stock analysts. That in turns makes its stock appealing but also leaves some actual and potential customers frustrated. I’ll shut up now and go back to waiting on my car.

Ordered a white M3P in the UK today.

Are the M3P’s for the UK manufactured in China?
i beieve so. The good news is all M3P that ive seen from China have the ryzen chip, new battery and a few have recently been delivered with the new hairpin motor. The cars coming from china also have better paint and fit and finish. Consider yourself lucky you dont live in the USA and have to wait months for upgrades China gets first.

Ordered a white MP3 with white interior and FSD on 1/12/22.
EDD 2/16-3/16
Called today to change the interior from white to black after reading that it shows jean stains… same EDD, but they tried to charge me $12k for the FSD instead of the $10k from my original order on 1/12. I told them the delivery date nor the order number changed and why should I now have to pay $2 more when they haven’t even begun on my vehicle. I also said if the guy on the phone had told me if i make any changes to my order I’ll have to pay more for the FSD I would have just kept the dang white seats! So angry I told them just remove the whole FSD. I’m pissed!!!