Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OD 11/14 M3 LR AWD MSM 18" Aero White Int
ID Delivery

Initial Window: Feb?
In December, window become Jan 8 - Feb 5
1/8: 1/8 - 2/5
1/9: 2/4 - 3/5
1/12: Changed to M3P MSM White
1/13: 2/4 - 3/4
1/19: 2/4 - 3/4
1/23: 2/4 - 3/4

It looks like changing to performance had no impact on my EDD.

Are M3P always coming with summer performance tires? What temperature can they be run down to? Nothing below 40?

OD 11/14 M3 LR AWD MSM 18" Aero White Int
ID Delivery

Initial Window: Feb?
In December, window become Jan 8 - Feb 5
1/8: 1/8 - 2/5
1/9: 2/4 - 3/5
1/12: Changed to M3P MSM White
1/13: 2/4 - 3/4
1/19: 2/4 - 3/4
1/23: 2/4 - 3/4

It looks like changing to performance had no impact on my EDD.

Are M3P always coming with summer performance tires? What temperature can they be run down to? Nothing below 40?
As far as I know all the M3Ps are only summer P-zeros these days (previously summer Michelin PS4). I did see one post about a MYP coming with all seasons, but haven’t seen a second post about it. So yeah, all summers.

Some say 40, some say 45. Most say don’t even store them in those temps, let alone operate them that cold. In addition to the tread pattern being suboptimal, the far larger issue is that the rubber turns hard, and not in a nice linear, predictable way, but rather in a less predictable and more dangerous way.

Imagine backing out of your garage with warm, okay sticky tires, only to have them gradually cool down and get harder as you motor along the highway and then when you exit, they are hard and slick and not at all like they were on the on-ramp.

Air temp and tire temp are loosely related but independent. That why in car races you sometimes see cars behind a yellow flag darting back and forth—they’re trying to create lateral friction loads to keep the tires hot and sticky.

Which part of NY are you in? I'm right across Manhattan in NJ and ordered a month after you but my delivery time keeps shrinking. I'd actually prefer it later in Feb to increase my odds of getting the refreshed features of the 2022.
I'm in Westchester, so I ordered from Mt. Kisco. New features would be nice but a car is significantly more useful to me than no car...

Reactions: lUtriaNt
Picked up my MSM on black yesterday in Ontario at the SS. Car was flawless. Zero paint or panel issues. Pickup took 10 minutes and was simple. Car came 43 days after order after several Edd pushbacks and move ups. Has intel but processor seems fast. Zero lag on maps or anything else. Netflix takes 10 seconds to load but watching is smooth as can be (I think the side by side videos are not doing the intel justice. That’s my 24 hour opinion). Very happy overall. Oh and it’s FAST

Good luck to everyone waiting still.

As far as I know all the M3Ps are only summer P-zeros these days (previously summer Michelin PS4). I did see one post about a MYP coming with all seasons, but haven’t seen a second post about it. So yeah, all summers.

Some say 40, some say 45. Most say don’t even store them in those temps, let alone operate them that cold. In addition to the tread pattern being suboptimal, the far larger issue is that the rubber turns hard, and not in a nice linear, predictable way, but rather in a less predictable and more dangerous way.

Imagine backing out of your garage with warm, okay sticky tires, only to have them gradually cool down and get harder as you motor along the highway and then when you exit, they are hard and slick and not at all like they were on the on-ramp.

Air temp and tire temp are loosely related but independent. That why in car races you sometimes see cars behind a yellow flag darting back and forth—they’re trying to create lateral friction loads to keep the tires hot and sticky.
Thanks! We took delivery of a MYP a few weeks ago and it came with all seasons. I'm planning long term to get winter tires & wheels for both, but trying to decide if I need to buy them for the M3P now or if I can wait for the fall. I did notice that the M3P at the showroom for test drives has the P-Zeroes and it's out for test drives everyday with them in air temps <32.

God dammit another EDD push, March 11-31. OD 12/11. My job starts in March and I don't have a car. I'm so screwed what do I do?
My guess is that people releasing (or being forced to release) their holds is what’s causing some of the EDD movement. I can’t even to begin to think through what a logistical nightmare it is on the company’s end. Seems that tightening up the hold policy to one 30-day hold might help but then again it could make it worse, just never know what the unintended consequences might be. Hang in there. I’m sure your EDD will revert back to something closer after the weekend.

• Helpful
My guess is that people releasing (or being forced to release) their holds is what’s causing some of the EDD movement. I can’t even to begin to think through what a logistical nightmare it is on the company’s end. Seems that tightening up the hold policy to one 30-day hold might help but then again it could make it worse, just never know what the unintended consequences might be. Hang in there. I’m sure your EDD will revert back to something closer after the weekend.
My thought is ( no offense ) but anyone who put hold for “newer features” should be back of line , some of us just need a car 😞

I’m noticing a lot of demo cars going up for sale, is this normal ?
Where are you seeing that? I was of the understanding that most demos were sold to fulfill 4Q21 sales numbers and centers/galleries are just now starting to see demos again. I check one of the Tesla inventory tracking websites daily hoping that I can find an orphaned car to buy but I’m not seeing a ton of demos coming up as available through that site.

My thought is ( no offense ) but anyone who put hold for “newer features” should be back of line , some of us just need a car 😞
I’m in the same boat and agree with you. No offense taken. I ordered mine because the SAs led me to believe (and so did delivery times in December) that I would get it much quicker than the estimated EDD…I’m an idiot for ordering with that expectation.

Reactions: ProLeopard
Where are you seeing that? I was of the understanding that most demos were sold to fulfill 4Q21 sales numbers and centers/galleries are just now starting to see demos again. I check one of the Tesla inventory tracking websites daily hoping that I can find an orphaned car to buy but I’m not seeing a ton of demos coming up as available through that site.
I have been using https://ev-tsla.com/, seen 3 demos come and go in the last ~ 24 hours (one M3P )

• Informative
Yeah that makes perfect sense to me. I said this earlier but people who hold clearly have the time to wait so why not put them at the back of the line? I can definitely understand the logistical issues. I really hope you're right though, my patience runs thin hahaha.