Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2/25 update:

M3P | MSM | black | no FSD
OD: 1/15/22
EDD on website: March 2022
1/16 EDD: Mar 8 - Mar 31
2/1 EDD: Feb 14 - Mar 14
2/6: Received trade-in text
2/15 EDD: Feb 18 - Mar 14
2/16: Received 2nd trade-in text
2/19 EDD: Feb 28 - Mar 28
2/21 EDD: Feb 24 - Mar 6
2/22: Received VIN 195xxx
2/22 EDD: Feb 26 - Mar 1
Delivery to Lynnwood, WA Tesla store

Picking up tomorrow at noon!
After I received my VIN things are kind of a blur, I hurried and and applied for the loan through Bank of America (this process is not for the squeamish with tight timelines) and took care of insurance. Once I uploaded the insurance I got the text to schedule delivery, not long after that I got the app requesting bluetooth access.

Today I had some time to stop by the Tesla store to make sure everything looked good for my Mar 2 delivery, the guy looked over my loan stuff then looked up my car and saw it was already there in their off-site lot. I threw it out there that if an earlier date becomes available to let me know.

He said does tomorrow at noon work? Yes, yes it does.

2/25 update:

M3P | MSM | black | no FSD
OD: 1/15/22
EDD on website: March 2022
1/16 EDD: Mar 8 - Mar 31
2/1 EDD: Feb 14 - Mar 14
2/6: Received trade-in text
2/15 EDD: Feb 18 - Mar 14
2/16: Received 2nd trade-in text
2/19 EDD: Feb 28 - Mar 28
2/21 EDD: Feb 24 - Mar 6
2/22: Received VIN 195xxx
2/22 EDD: Feb 26 - Mar 1
Delivery to Lynnwood, WA Tesla store

Picking up tomorrow at noon!
After I received my VIN things are kind of a blur, I hurried and and applied for the loan through Bank of America (this process is not for the squeamish with tight timelines) and took care of insurance. Once I uploaded the insurance I got the text to schedule delivery, not long after that I got the app requesting bluetooth access.

Today I had some time to stop by the Tesla store to make sure everything looked good for my Mar 2 delivery, the guy looked over my loan stuff then looked up my car and saw it was already there in their off-site lot. I threw it out there that if an earlier date becomes available to let me know.

He said does tomorrow at noon work? Yes, yes it does.
Dang, that is awesome!

Reactions: Stew-2
so my update mischief :

1/19 order date "march"
black/black m3 p fsd, los angeles

feb 20 to mar 20
feb 08 to mar 08
feb 12 to mar 08
feb 16 to mar 15
feb 17 to feb 27
feb 22 to mar 22
feb 26 to mar 22 ( 2/23)
woke up this morning to see vin text
feb 25 to mar 1 (today 2/25)

car will be delivered to me on Sunday Feb 27

never got a trade in text -- this is because i declined a trade in when completing the steps. i also did not get a trade in text on my first order in 2020 because i declined then as well, so don't assume you will get a trade in text.

i basically swapped my old tesla insurance to the new car so that took a couple minutes on the phone.

got text confirming home delivery

paid the taxes in the app using plaid service

as an aside and totally trivial, when i got my first model 3p in march 2020 , it was exactly march 27th 2020. this time its feb 27 2022. i think thats cute.

@nval29 you're up on deck next brotha!

already ordered some ps4 tires and will replace those on wed.

Saw something about the uberturbine wheel color in one of these threads, whether they were gray or black. While I was there in the parking lot full of shiny new Tesla’s gleaming in the sun I was looking at several cars worth of uberturbine wheels. They sure look satin black to me.

There were several MSM 3’s and Y’s there and they were looking good. I started second guessing about changing to blue or staying with MSM but glad I stuck with my choice.

Does anyone know if the trade in value will change when the delivery date is 1 week out? The SA I was texting(before I ordered)told me that it would finalize one week before delivery. On my account page it shows the value they offered and to upload pics of my title front and back and then there is a button to click accept the offer. I was surprised by the offer as it was better than carmax and carvana. There was a 4k range on trade in value on KBB and it was the bottom of trade in value. I could get a little more selling on my own but with what I will save in sales tax it's not worth dealing with tire kickers really.

Saw something about the uberturbine wheel color in one of these threads, whether they were gray or black. While I was there in the parking lot full of shiny new Tesla’s gleaming in the sun I was looking at several cars worth of uberturbine wheels. They sure look satin black to me.

There were several MSM 3’s and Y’s there and they were looking good. I started second guessing about changing to blue or staying with MSM but glad I stuck with my choice.
This was the hardest decision for me on this car. Usually any fun car or fast car I've always wanted or got black. So much black on these it made it tough to go that way but MSM pics seem so different to me on here. Sometimes they look beautiful and sometimes a little dull(I went thru all 250 pages on the M3 pics thread😂). Red seems a little the same way to me on these as far as some look amazing some look a little dull. Blue looks amazing but not my style. In all honesty I think the white looks so good on these cars and show the lines the best and with the top being black, red calipers it looks great. But I've never been a white car person so couldn't make myself do it!

How does the MSM look in person? It seems to have a blue tint to it in videos (which I like).

At certain angles in the sun I swear I saw a hint of lavender in the MSM, I didn’t get close enough to see if the flake in the paint is multi colored and causing that but yeah I am liking the MSM.
MSM inside dim-lit garage...
20220223_101550.jpg

so my update mischief :

1/19 order date "march"
black/black m3 p fsd, los angeles

feb 20 to mar 20
feb 08 to mar 08
feb 12 to mar 08
feb 16 to mar 15
feb 17 to feb 27
feb 22 to mar 22
feb 26 to mar 22 ( 2/23)
woke up this morning to see vin text
feb 25 to mar 1 (today 2/25)

car will be delivered to me on Sunday Feb 27

never got a trade in text -- this is because i declined a trade in when completing the steps. i also did not get a trade in text on my first order in 2020 because i declined then as well, so don't assume you will get a trade in text.

i basically swapped my old tesla insurance to the new car so that took a couple minutes on the phone.

got text confirming home delivery

paid the taxes in the app using plaid service

as an aside and totally trivial, when i got my first model 3p in march 2020 , it was exactly march 27th 2020. this time its feb 27 2022. i think thats cute.

@nval29 you're up on deck next brotha!

already ordered some ps4 tires and will replace those on wed.
I hope so! Congrats again. Send us pics when you get it.

• Love
Reactions: lUtriaNt
I'm about to pick my M3P Blue / White this Monday.

Ordered Oct. 2021 with request to delay delivery to Jan
Dec 2021 - Removed the hold
Feb 2022 - Got the VIN
Feb 2022 - Delivery scheduled for Mar, 1st

When I first ordered the Tesla representative said Feb 2022 delivery, but could be slightly delayed until Mar. Have to say all the information I got from my contacts at Tesla where always on point. Not always the easiest to reach, but absolutely on point when you get to them.

I placed my order and accepted the trade in but I did not fill out the credit application because it’s still early and I don’t want them to have to pull my score twice. I’m waiting until it get closer to my scheduled delivery window (4/29-5/27) before i submit any info. Will that delay the process in any way?

Took delivery earlier. Had to be quick about it since I had to go in to work early. Gaps relatively straight? Check. Everything there that’s supposed to be included? Looks like it. Never driven a Tesla before but let’s put this thing in drive and get outta here!

The one pedal driving takes a couple of stops to get the hang of. Oh and did I mention how fast this thing is? Oh. My. Gosh. This thing is fast. Really fast.
C0EFC2E2-648A-46BE-989C-E69730415F4F.jpeg

Took delivery earlier. Had to be quick about it since I had to go in to work early. Gaps relatively straight? Check. Everything there that’s supposed to be included? Looks like it. Never driven a Tesla before but let’s put this thing in drive and get outta here!

The one pedal driving takes a couple of stops to get the hang of. Oh and did I mention how fast this thing is? Oh. My. Gosh. This thing is fast. Really fast.
View attachment 774167
Very nice. Enjoy, as I know you will.

Reactions: Stew-2

View attachment 774167
I love the color. I was worried about it being a flat grey but the MSM really looks nice.