Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My home delivery involved the guy driving it to my house, parking out in my driveway, and then taking an Uber back to the SC. He said he does about 5-7 deliveries per day. I’m less than ten miles from the SC.
Tesla called me today to confirm my delivery time (Monday 12-2) and confirmed a Tesla employee will be driving to my house and taking an Uber back. They wanted to know how many questions I would have for the guy so they could time the Uber correctly. I said I don't need help with the car but I wanted to inspect it. She said I have a week to inspect and they will fix anything with a service appointment.

Went ahead and installed a 14-50 outlet! My commute is only ~23 miles round trip so even 12A @ 120v would have probably been enough. But, I got to thinking I will probably want to drive it a lot more than that, so I went ahead and did this since even a 5-20 requires a dedicated circuit. I am moving in a year so I didn’t want to bother with the fancy Wall Charger yet.

Now just 90+ more days :p .

Attachments

• DF456319-017E-4C12-A072-59AD923B002C.jpeg
    DF456319-017E-4C12-A072-59AD923B002C.jpeg
    366.2 KB · Views: 112
Tesla called me today to confirm my delivery time (Monday 12-2) and confirmed a Tesla employee will be driving to my house and taking an Uber back. They wanted to know how many questions I would have for the guy so they could time the Uber correctly. I said I don't need help with the car but I wanted to inspect it. She said I have a week to inspect and they will fix anything with a service appointment.
"anything" is a strong word...

I lumped inspection items into three categories:
  1. Rejection reasons: anything that would cause you to reject delivery and return the car and wait for another VIN/car. Everyone has their own tolerance here, but if it can't be fixed (certain issues) and you can't live with it, you need to figure that out fast. For home delivery, this is within a few hours and before you drive it or "accept delivery" in the app. Ask the delivery driver to leave it unlocked so you can look it over. Some panel gaps can be fixed and many others cannot.
  2. Stuff you expect Tesla to fix: this includes fixable gaps, mainly the frunk and trunk, some door issues. Also includes minor paint issues. Goofy headlight and taillight fitment (if it's fixable). Things that are missing or broken. Some of these items would be warranty items anyway, but others, like scratches and glass defects, need to be declared promptly or Tesla will push back.
  3. Minor things you're gonna have to live with: This includes anything they promise to fix but can't/won't/don't, as well as things too minor to bother with (certain scratches and paint defects), minor panel gaps, creased seats.
Once you accept delivery or drive the car, you own it. After that, if they fail to fix stuff to your satisfaction, you're out of luck. So, if you're not really sure that either they can fix or you can live with it, then you have an issue. I had a delivery where there were severals items each category, including a chip in the roof glass and condensation in the taillight. Both of those were fixable in theory, but who knows if they'd give me a new roof. And I've heard they only replace the taillights if the condensation pools at the bottom, which mine wasn't doing yet. If I didn't also have some unfixable dealbreakers, I'd have had to chance it that they'd fix those things (and others).

So, before you start testing that all the windows work right, be sure you don't have any rejection reason issues. For anything that could be considered "damage" and could have occurred before, during, or after delivery, you'll want to find and declare them immediately, so they don't try to say it happened after delivery and therefore is your problem, not theirs. I wouldn't wait a week on any of those items. Other things that are clearly covered by warranty can wait.

Noises and rattles are a tricky issue, because you can't possibly find them until you drive it (maybe even a few times) and by then you've accepted it and it's yours, whether they agree to fix it or not. Some have said Tesla has told them there's no warrant for rattles.

Depending on how important any of this is to you, take your time, don't let anyone rush you, and give it a thorough looking at before Accepting and driving. Best of luck; hope it goes flawlessly!!

I originally selected to pick the car up at the service center but they switched it to home delivery. Question for those that had home delivery - what type of truck was it delivered on? I live in a single family development on a dead end - if they bring a car carrier down here they will not be able to turn around (even a long trailer with three cars on it). I assume there is some communication with the driver prior to delivery?
They switched mine too (Mesa, AZ). They drive the car to my location and took an Uber back.

Car was home delivered around 12:30 today. Everything looks pretty good, no complaints though I still have to go through all my check lists but everything so far is in working order. I already got all the accessories I purchased in place. Took SWMBO around the block to check it out. I think I scared the piss out of her when I put it sports mode and stepped on it :p. Good thing the seats aren't absorbent 🤣

178.JPG

177.JPG

181.JPG

I placed my order and accepted the trade in but I did not fill out the credit application because it’s still early and I don’t want them to have to pull my score twice. I’m waiting until it get closer to my scheduled delivery window (4/29-5/27) before i submit any info. Will that delay the process in any way?
The general consensus is to put down cash and change it to financing when you get a VIN.

• Love
Reactions: lUtriaNt
Took delivery earlier. Had to be quick about it since I had to go in to work early. Gaps relatively straight? Check. Everything there that’s supposed to be included? Looks like it. Never driven a Tesla before but let’s put this thing in drive and get outta here!

The one pedal driving takes a couple of stops to get the hang of. Oh and did I mention how fast this thing is? Oh. My. Gosh. This thing is fast. Really fast.
View attachment 774167
It looks beautiful. Congratulations!

Reactions: lUtriaNt and Stew-2
M3P, Red Multi/White, no FSD
Pickup location: Alpharetta, GA
OD: 2/20/22
EDD1: March 2022
EDD2: (2/22/22): March 9 - March 31
EDD3: (2/26/22): March 14-March 26
It's crazy how fast you are getting yours. I ordered before you, I'm picking up in Marietta and my current window is Apr-May. I wonder if it's because you are paying for the red. I just can't wrap my mind around the logistics of this operation.

The general consensus is to put down cash and change it to financing when you get a VIN.
I was wondering about this as well. I put down my trade in and accepted their offer. Scanned my title front and back and uploaded the pictures. I also applied for the financing and got the best rate they advertise. The 2.74% but I didn't hit confirm yet. And I don't see an option to put down cash now?

Not sure if I am supposed to confirm the loan since I don't have a vin yet? It's estimated amount to be financed after trade so I guess maybe I should confirm or just wait for the vin? I've never bought a car thru tesla so maybe I should call a SA but I feel you guys are better than them! haha!

Last edited:
I was wondering about this as well. I put down my trade in and accepted their offer. Scanned my title front and back and uploaded the pictures. I also applied for the financing and got the best rate they advertise. The 2.74% but I didn't hit confirm yet. And I don't see an option to put down cash now?

Not sure if I am supposed to confirm the loan since I don't have a vin yet? It's estimated amount to be financed after trade so I guess maybe I should confirm or just wait for the vin? I've never bought a car thru tesla so maybe I should call a SA but I feel you guys are better than them! haha!
I did all the steps same as you with the trade in and everything but like I said, it doesn't make sense to apply for a loan when the delivery date is as far as 12 weeks away. They also said my trade in value is good until the 23rd of march, so a little over a month from my order date.

Car was home delivered around 12:30 today. Everything looks pretty good, no complaints though I still have to go through all my check lists but everything so far is in working order. I already got all the accessories I purchased in place. Took SWMBO around the block to check it out. I think I scared the piss out of her when I put it sports mode and stepped on it :p. Good thing the seats aren't absorbent 🤣

View attachment 774283

View attachment 774284

View attachment 774285
Thanks for the March 1st preview of mine with a white interior at Mt. Kisco. The car looks very happy. It makes me wish I had a garage. :)

Are the wheels satin black or gray?

It's crazy how fast you are getting yours. I ordered before you, I'm picking up in Marietta and my current window is Apr-May. I wonder if it's because you are paying for the red. I just can't wrap my mind around the logistics of this operation.
@jessepotter are you financing through Tesla or cash (outside finance)? I read a few people say switching to cash may change the algorithm. Mine is set to cash by the way.

Thanks for the March 1st preview of mine with a white interior at Mt. Kisco. The car looks very happy. It makes me wish I had a garage. :)

Are the wheels satin black or gray?
A few posts back I commented that on the Tesla lot on a sunny day they looked satin black but a little bit ago in my driveway while going over stuff during an overcast day they did look more like a very dark gray. So I guess it depends on the lighting conditions etc.

OD 2/20
M3P white/black, not FSD
EDD: 3/14-3/28
EDD: 4/22-5/20 (just bumped out today 2/27)
Will be picking up in Decatur. Bummed to see the window bumped out. Was looking for other ATL orders to see.