Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am in that situation right now lol. I have a 2022 Yamaha R7 that I am using as a commuter until I got my M3P. I bought my Hellcat back in 2017 for around $49k used. Sold it to Shift for $54k last week.
That’s amazing. I’m curious if I’ll get more for the STI now that Subaru announced no new STI till it’s fully electric. Hopefully people trying to get their hands on one drives my amount higher

PSA for those financing with DCU: open your accounts _now_ so your account is ready to fill out the loan application as soon as you get your VIN. Account creation needs approval that takes a few business days, independent from the loan approval. I called DCU and they can't push the account approval through any quicker.

Then I hear loan approval takes a few days, so hopefully I can get all this done before my pickup on the 18th or 19th 🥴

• Informative
Reactions: Tony_YYZ
PSA for those financing with DCU: open your accounts _now_ so your account is ready to fill out the loan application as soon as you get your VIN. Account creation needs approval that takes a few business days, independent from the loan approval. I called DCU and they can't push the account approval through any quicker.

Then I hear loan approval takes a few days, so hopefully I can get all this done before my pickup on the 18th or 19th 🥴
You can always finance through Tesla (or someone else that's quick) then refinance through DCU. DCU's rates are the same for both new loans and refinancing.

M3P, White Exterior, Black Interior, no FSD, Los Angeles

2/19: Ordered LR, EDD March 2022
2/20: EDD May 15 - June 12
2/20: Switched to M3P, EDD remains May 15 - June 12
2/25: EDD April 19 - May 17
3/15: EDD March 18 - March 27
3/15: Received VIN and EDD changed to March 16 - March 22
3/16: Got text to schedule delivery.

I initially scheduled for the earliest date available, which is Saturday the 19th. However, a rep told me that the car is arriving tonight and once it goes through inspection, the service center will reach out to me to schedule an actual date. Hoping that I'll be able to pick it up earlier.

I initially scheduled for the earliest date available, which is Saturday the 19th. However, a rep told me that the car is arriving tonight and once it goes through inspection, the service center will reach out to me to schedule an actual date. Hoping that I'll be able to pick it up earlier.
As I read these posts, as soon as I see a mention of a location in California I immediately assume the EDD has been moved way up and a VIN assigned like the very next day. 😀

So far I haven't been let down.

As I read these posts, as soon as I see a mention of a location in California I immediately assume the EDD has been moved way up and a VIN assigned like the very next day. 😀

So far I haven't been let down.
I had hope that it would be the case for me, though on the 14th the rep I spoke to didn't seem optimistic that a March delivery was possible. Then of course everything changed the next day and I had to scramble to get everything in order. Thankfully BofA was able to get my loan documents good to go in about 24 hours so everything on that end is squared away. Excited to have this thing in my possession in just a few days!

Reactions: Tony_YYZ
Yep LOL - In Florida ordered 02/24 showed March, moved to May 3 - May 31 and hasnt moved since... :( Just anxiously waiting still!
I have a friend who ordered an SR+3 in October 2021. His EDD was showing the last two weeks of March then two days oe so ago it moved to July. Looks like he got bumped and the car likely redirected to someone in California.

Hmmmm, I am in LA too, similar build as you and ordered about 10 days after you. Hopefully I'll get my VIN in about 2 weeks....

Reactions: jessepotter
2nd Delivery of the month. Performance model on Friday.
Screenshot_20220316-215625_Tesla.jpg