Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered my M3P on 02/10.
White, Black interior, No FSD. Location is Houston, Texas.

EDD hasn’t changed since order date and still shows Apr 19-May 21.

Sold my old 2018 M3LR to take advantage of the used car market and hoped that EDD would move but to no avail so far.

Anybody have any luck with that configuration?
In Florida, ordered 02/24, same config - Website said March 2022 but first EDD was 05/03 - 05/31 and hasnt moved in the almost 3 weeks since order :(

New to posting on the forum but been following the thread for the past month+. Wanted to share my timeline as it may help others who are anxiously waiting and checking their app every second as I was. lol I picked up my car yesterday and trust me when I say it is well worth the wait!

M3P White on White No FSD
OD: 2/10/22
EDD1: March 2022
EDD2 (2/11): April 9 - May 7 (Completed all tasks on this day)
EDD 3 (2/12): March 5 - 31
EDD 4 (3/6): April 9 - May 7
EDD5: (3/10): March 10-14
Received VIN: 3/10 (Morning)
Picked it up on March 11 in Colma

Pick up was smooth and easy. My frunk was a little miss aligned in the front and I let the guy know who helped me with taking delivery. He had someone come out immediately and correct it. Back inside right door panel had some residue from the protection material on the inside door handle. They cleaned it immediately. Everything else was perfect and the car is awesome! The agent helping me said they had 75 cars that were being picked-up on that day. He said they are definitely pushing inventory for the end of the quarter.
I would like this but am not smart and can't figure out how to react to posts.... 🥴

Great intel though, hoping I end up with some similar story!

Finally got a VIN! Woohoo!
OD 12/2/21
Profile complete: 2/27
EDD 2/27: 2/28-3/8
EDD 3/1: 3/6-3/31
EDD 3/6: 3/8-3/18
EDD 3/9: 3/11-3/31
EDD 3/11: 3/13-3/26
EDD 3/14: 3/16-3/25
VIN: 3/1, with EDD 3/15-3/20 (Irvine delivery center)

For the compulsive app checkers, my VIN came in between 1:30AM and 6:30AM PST 😉

~15 days from profile complete to VIN (208xxx) - not bad! MSM/black with no FSD.

Opposite situation here. The Miata (2013) is the wife's and any mention of selling it brings up referrals to a marriage counselor. Can you 'gift' her the car, as long as she lets you drive it once in while? However, I have a feeling you won't miss the Miata. 25 mpg and premium gas doesn't encourage cruising like 'the good old days'.
Funny enough, she hates the Miata. She drives a 2020 CR-V. She prefers higher ride height and automatic transmissions. It is true gas has gone up, but I get about 29 mpg with the 2019 and only fill up once every other week on average. It gets way better gas mileage than the CR-V.

Just noticed a few M3P demos are available on the website, one in DC, one in NY. Both with FSD, one blue/white, one black/black. Over 75k each
i literally just drove the black one at Mt Kisco. The black car has ~850 miles on it, and they were only going to discount it $250. The wheels are curbed and has been connected to at least 15 different phones, so not for me, at least not at only a $250 discount. Black car was not sold, so that is why they let me drive it.

They did tell me that there is a red one with black interior in Boston, with ~600 miles on it. Same thing, only $250 discount, so I will just wait.

Just for giggles, i asked if they have any other info other then what i have access to. The SA i spoke with said without a vin, they do not have any more info then i have via the app. She did say historically, some cars come before the EDD and some cars come after, literally a 50/50 roll of the dice.

She was actually shocked that i did not have my car yet, so we plugged my info into the system, and I am up to date on tasks, so I am back to the waiting game... 😢

There was a girl picking up her MSM Plaid. oof... that car is redonkulous. Looks absolutely gorgeous in MSM. I told her i was jealous of the car, and then said good luck with it. She asked me which car I ordered, and I said M3P "the poor man's plaid"... She didn't even know what a M3 was... said she ordered a Plaid because someone said to her that is the "best" car Tesla makes... :oops:

There was a girl picking up her MSM Plaid. oof... that car is redonkulous. Looks absolutely gorgeous in MSM. I told her i was jealous of the car, and then said good luck with it. She asked me which car I ordered, and I said M3P "the poor man's plaid"... She didn't even know what a M3 was... said she ordered a Plaid because someone said to her that is the "best" car Tesla makes... :oops:
On one hand, it must be nice to have so much money that you don't need to do any research prior to buying something. On the other, I would hate to be so uninformed and detached from reality.

Woke up feeling blessed that I ordered a few days prior 🙏🏼
Probably the inverse feeling to me ha ha ha. I was close to putting down $250 last week on one but thought I would hold off a little longer (I'm one of those nerds that is hoping to get the latest and greatest hardware). Waking up today and finding out that there's a $4500 increase for the M3P is pretty sobering.

Reactions: Rodney!
That sucks, sowwy. :(

But question for you: is the price increase enough to say no? If not what would be the "nope, they can keep it" increase where you walk away?
I'm not sure. I consider this a pretty substantial increase so it changes the urgency. Now I'm of the mindset if that I'm going to pay $4500 more I may as well wait as long as possible in hopes of receiving most of the 2022 upgrades to make it worth it. I'm not exactly in a rush as long as I get the car before winter. Not the end of the world but I am kicking myself today. :)

I'm not sure. I consider this a pretty substantial increase so it changes the urgency. Now I'm of the mindset if that I'm going to pay $4500 more I may as well wait as long as possible in hopes of receiving most of the 2022 upgrades to make it worth it. I'm not exactly in a rush as long as I get the car before winter. Not the end of the world but I am kicking myself today. :)
On the flip side, evidence came out today that the new HW4 is about to start rolling out... so there's that!